Japanese Mindset

What made japanese people mindset the way it is now? By that I mean high level of culture, politeness, general responsibility of population and desire to always move forwards instead of stagnating at one point.

What is the secret behind this?
How would you implement this mindset in other countries if their governments would have decided to do so?

Genuinely curious

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513789307922.webm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Restoration
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they praise the emperor

>inb4 two bombs
I would say it beforehand - GTFO.
This thread is for serious discussion not for meme-loving cretins.

>By that I mean high level of culture, politeness, general responsibility of population and desire to always move forwards instead of stagnating at one point.

What Japan have you been looking at? Lmaoing at gaijin nerds thinking they know what Japan is

Basically like North Korea, the Tokugawa shogunate was an isolated dictatorship regime.

In this regime, they strongly inforced confucianism and confucian teachings to keep society in check, and to stop rebellion and usurping.

Worked out pretty well in the end

What about Zen and Shinto impact?
Does it have some influence?
Or was Confucianism the major factor in all this?

Also how many years were those teachings forced onto population?
How many ages did it take to form such mentality?
And how were japanese people before the introduction of confucian teachings?
Were they savages? Were they more like SEA people?

Chinese people live in a land where Confucianism developed yet they are not as polite and cultured as japanese.
How come?

This
Always thought it will be by following order:
Shintoism / God emperor-ism
Buddhism / Zen
Confucianism
I mean if it was because of Confucianism, Joseon Korea was literally the Confucian state and Chinese Confucian roots run deeper but they don't fare as good as Japan

Bumpings

Japanese education is like troops's one.

>troops's one
What?
What did you mean by this?

Japanese education was founded to create a good soldier about 150 years ago because Japan needed to be westernized quickly to go war against China and Russia.
Therefore, its policy focuses on politeness and keeping to time.

I was in the army and millitary are the most opposite of being polite.
I have never seen such concentration of bydlo in my life.
Maybe Japanese troop's education was really different

I want to know more.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513789307922.webm

You should learn Meiji Restoration if you wanna know how modern Japan was created.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Restoration

You might get lost on your way
the jap flag said
>Basically like North Korea in

that the south peninsulans always said to blame jap and their nork siblings lol

Japan in the Tokugawa general era was a federal state which each countries was independent.
But by the Meiji Restoration, the each countries were united into one.

Please be careful as it is completely different from North Korea.

So the answer lies in Meiji restoration reforms?

Are you suggesting that the effect of unconditional surrender in a world war and being nuked twice doesn't effect the modern Japanese mindset?

And then you call other people cretins.

Lol

Japanese were polite and had perfect order before World War and nuking.
That's why I instantly posted it to stop people from taking this guess.

If you considered that there might be An easy solution to refine the country, that is totally a boys wet dream.
But one thing that I can say is that we could have lots of honorable individuals at the every turning points who could make decisions for this country, not for their desires.

>high level of culture
This is usually the case for big islands that are isolated from their adversaires and can focus much more easily on culture and other types of social investments.

If Japan wasn't an Island, it would have been conquered multiple times, and would have had to focus on self defense much more. Leading to a depreciation of their culture/arts, etc.

>Politeness
I think this comes from this is just a remnant of the samurai/damyo/etc. times.

Just like britain and europe with their feudal lords and what not. This type of pacification or "politeness" from the common man is expected for people of higher strata. Today, it is just seen as polite to treat people a certain way.

Democracies and countries that had a strong feudal/monarchy era, don't have those beliefs.

>general responsibility of population
Again, Japan rose very rapidly to the global spotlight.

In many way, Japan had still many medieval mannerisms and pre-industrial revolution beliefs that simply didn't go away. This behavior was promoted and encouraged by the country, through the militaristic age of japan.

For the good of the country and what not.

>desire to move forward

I think everyone wishes to improve and "move forward." It's only a matter of whether you can or not.

I don't think the japanese are unique in this. It's a pretty universal goal.

In, short. I think there is clear historical, and geographical reasons why japan is the way it is.

I don't think it can be copied and pasted in other countries. It needs to be done their own way.

But japan is a nation of people that have been molded to be polite and subservient to the state.

From the emperor years, to the military years, to the occupation years, and has remained in the modern era.

If you don't believe the Japanese are subservient and cucks in a way. Just look at their corporate culture. It's cancerous.

>federal state
>each countries was independent

That's not a federal state.

I'm not an expert in Japanese history at all. But two states within a federation can't fight/war each other, which did happen in japan.

Not even confederations have warring states.

I enjoyed reading your reply.
Thank you

they are completely collectivist (communist dream). Only asian (insect) brain can live in a society whit their rules

They care too much about what other people think about them. Whatever they do, they don't do it for themselves, rather to show off to the rest of the society.

Japanese military is extremely polite, that's why they get their asses handed to them.

>high level of culture, politeness, general responsibility of population

OHNONONO
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

Nope, Japanese culture was heavily influenced by Tang China in ~700AD. Japan didn't become China lite, but it did adopt many of its attitudes towards the world.

Japanese ideas towards preservation of nature, simplicity (wabisabi), and attitudes of the nobility comes from these times. I've heard Chinese say that if only China stuck with that attitude, it would have ended up a much better society. IIRC, it was around this time that Japan outlawed capital punishment (the first nation in the world to do so), so they weren't exactly savage, even if it got overturned once samurais came around.

After that, Japan didn't really interact with China that much. Japanese strictness and lack of crime comes from Tokugawa isolation period. The Tokugawa family was notoriously strict and kept everybody in line and safe for a few hundred years. Coincidentally, this period is one of the longest lasting eras of peace and prosperity in history of civilization. After the Meiji restoration, Japan looked to Prussia and then Germany as an example for its education and military.

>Tokugawa era
You are thinking of Sengoku era, when Japan was more like the Holy Roman Empire. Tokugawa Japan was extremely peaceful, barring a couple revolts.

This but inironically. If you did bow down to your superiors you got fucked by them so after generations of that it has stuck with them.

you mean the mindset to "bear it" even when you're in a situation you hate?
>instead of stagnating at one point.
well, one thing's for certain, they didn't have portions of the population trying to push each other down.

girl with polka dot scarf is my gf

fuck off takeshi

They are not known for those things. They love to say don't bother others, don't stand out, and don't complain. These ideas they say is because japan is too crowded and such but that's complete bs. The Japanese is a totalitarian society, there every action every speech is based on that fact. Their modes of speech and action changes between the public seen life and private life. This is a major theme in their media. It has caused major disassociation in their psychology. The Japanese mindset is not a good one.

>your boss is a jerk
>kill yourself because quitting your job is haram as fuck and will ruin any hopes of you having a decent career
What a great culture

high iq

Oни были пpaвoвым гocyдapcтвoм, кoгдa Bлaдимиp eщe Pycь нe кpecтил. Пopядoк вceгдa был нecмoтpя нa вoйны.

That is not the cause but the result.

>politeness
Rubbish.
It's just for optics, East Asians are heartless cunts inside.
t. east Asian

>desire to always move forwards instead of stagnating at one point.
Lol. Wtf you smoking, Ivan-sama? Japan loves stagnating. They autistically focus on rehashing something under the misguided belief that they are 'perfecting' it. This is also an East Asian thing, probably due to Confucianism. Japan lost the War because the battleship won against Russia and they refused to believe that carriers had supplanted it. Even after Pearl Harbor, they still refused to believe it and sunk whatever limited resources they had to building super battleships. They also didn't use radar guided guns on their ships because their highly trained visual ranging carried the day against the Russians. You see this in their animes as well. The popular ones like Dragonball, Macross and Pokemon rehash the same stories over and over again.

it's always rubbish, real politeness is for women and low-test beta nu-males

there is nothing wrong with being nu-male