The Dover Boys

I know I'm late, but this shit isn't funny at all. What's the big deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/looney-tunes-and-merrie-melodies-hq-project-t10016060.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you sure you're not just a faggot?

REEVALUTE YOUR POOR TASTE, DAN BACKSLIDE

It's a meme, you dip.

Advanced, avant-garde memes.

A runabout?

I'LL STEAL IT
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

How can he be so sure no one will ever know?

Bad guys were really stupid in the 40s.

because it was his.

Hey we are getting into a circle jerk

I felt obliged to post this, stolen from another thread.

Is this loss?

Nevermind earlier, I fucked up.

And how!

You really have to ask?

FORCED TO PASS A CERTAIN BOARD, A THREAD OF UNSAVORY REPUTE

OUR YOUNG FRIENDS MEET THE DISTRESSING SITUATION WITH THEIR USUAL UNCOMPROMISING MORAL FORTITUDE

That's only because they were really stupid in the 1890s as well. It's just that back then, people were supposed to take them seriously.

Good times.

this template just makes me realize how awful this page is in every way

they don't even bother to change the motion lines on her waving hands

but anyway

>I know I'm late, but this shit isn't funny at all. What's the big deal?
the cartoon is funny and always has been

the memespouters who've picked up on it all of sudden aren't funny is what you meant to say. Even so, I'd glad to see a whole bunch of people enjoying a random one-shot cartoon that never went anywhere.

kat.cr/looney-tunes-and-merrie-melodies-hq-project-t10016060.html

How the fuck can you say it isn't funny? I feel like I pull the Dover Boys up on Youtube at minimum every few months and genuinely laugh my ass off every time I do. It's got nothing to do with "le ironic maymays XD"; it's just a legitimately funny cartoon.

The only part that made me laugh a little bit was the villain, and it was only because of the actor's delivery.

Has anyone made an edit with someone from Deep Space 9?

it invented smear frames

This. Bad guys loudly shouting out their master plan gets me every time.

The joke is that he's screaming that he'll steal it and no one will ever know at the top of his fool lungs.

He reminded me of Lemongrab.

What is it with this face style back then.

>fuckin tumblr, ah tell tho whut

It encapsulates an era to a bystander pretty well and has a lot of personality for it.

Which character should it be though?

I think it's more due to the fact that it mocks a then unthinkable subject of mockery (young boy adventure novels, which at the time was an institution that no one dared mock) and that Dan Backslide is pretty much timeless in his status as a bad guy who's hatred for the Dovers is logical in that the group are a bunch of bullies and prigs who represent repressed conservative "respectable" society.

I meant more for why Sup Forums likes it. Obviously it had a lot less novelty back then.

>who's hatred for the Dovers is logical in that the group are a bunch of bullies and prigs who represent repressed conservative "respectable" society.
Is that really what we're supposed to get out of it? Dan is not a victim by any means more than his own doing. He outright kidnaps a girl and says he loves her father's money. I don't really feel like we're supposed to be rooting for him, though some inevitably will.

It's the 1940s making fun of the 1890s.

>A GAY OUTING

I know I'm late, but this stuff is funny as heck!
I'LL STEAL IT

IT BEGINS

I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoy any cartoon of that era.

"Cartoon modern" or "UPA" style has a real hard-on for that face.

They really like simplified geometric shapes.

jesus

Heh.

It's a joke, he's screaming that he will steal it and that "no one will ever know" which is stupid because he's announcing it to everyone

Even my 7 year old nephew got this, come on.

Damn user, just damn.

COOONNNN-

because it was already his
he's not stealing it

You're not.

I am mad now, user. I'll scream at you if you say even one more word. If the only way for you to evaluate if a classic cartoon is good is by comparing it to some shit from last 5 years, I hope you seriously stop watching any cartoons forever, since obviously humour is lost on you.

which is?

>If the only way for you to evaluate if a classic cartoon is good is by comparing it to some shit from last 5 years
You don't think you're grasping at straws? All I said was that he reminded me of Lemongrab.

A classic and reminder how innocent my childhood was...

>racist dan

Wait, she's engaged to all of them?

DAB!

Superior version coming through

You remember the M.E. Literally maymay like 2, 3 months ago? Same shit.

1 faggots forces it into as many threads as possible. Autists and Redditors pick up on it thinking it's the fresh new meme. Then finally it ends up where it is now with shitposters posting it wherever they can. It has another month before it dies and the cycle repeats itself

>You remember the M.E. Literally maymay like 2, 3 months ago?
huh?

why do you hate fun user?

A memebout?
ILL STEAL IT
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

It's got an almost modern layer of irony, despite being from the 40's. Todays internet fit around it like a glove.

>smears for hands
heh

Explain.

It's funny only when you are a ledditor

That's not the joke. See:

When will DC introduce the Dover Boys into main stream continuity ???

At last, I truly see.

>Grow up loving Tex Avery cartoons
>One of my favorites is now popular
Cool.

>pic related
I remember that short. What was it called?

Symphony in slang.

Thanks

there was a trash thread that ran for 3 weeks.

jesus

I know Warner Bros. nearly fired Chuck Jones for making this cartoon, but I always kind of assumed that it was also a sly dig at Disney.

Disney had a huge bone for 1890s shit, and this cartoon pointed out how fucking stupid the typically plot of a 1890s hero/villain story was.