/sveg/ - Star vs Evil Weekend General Thread

First time in a while we've had four threads in the same weekend edition

Previous: Air date: July 11 at 10:30 AM EST

Promo 1:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsK_tpwaHvM

Season 2 info: variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-melissa-rauch-mayim-bialik-1201783224/Links:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=3

Fanfics:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=1

Episodes:
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=9

Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/starvsevilgeneral

SEASON 3 COMFIRMED
broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Disney-XD-Greenlights-Two-Original-Series-BILLY-DILLYS-and-COUNTRY-CLUB-20160304

Writefag list
pastebin.com/FJYvmdfg/

Fanart Archive (NFSW):
svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

countingdownto.com/countdown/star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-season-2-11-july-2016-countdown-clock-0
Countdown clock

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

Is everyone ready for LUDO GROWS A BEARD?

what happened to his hair phobia tho

THIRD FOR MANNA

We did it, /sveg/! 4 threads! (3 not counting the emergency one)

/SVEG/ IS BACK!

Yes, finally!

I wanna nut in her ass

Hi, /sveg/! Let's keep riding the hype together!

I'll draw something later in the day: stay tuned.

Man if the hiatus conditioned us to be THIS active from a couple of promos and a date, imagine how wild this place will become when season 2 finally airs

Speaking of season 2 airing, I asked but never got an answer. Is anyone willing to stream it for those that don't have DXD?

>Is anyone willing to stream it for those that don't have DXD?
I obviously can't speak for him/her, but there was one user who streamed the episodes, and also streamed the recent (kinda) marathon (maybe the first episode of "The Other Kingdom" too, if I remember correctly).
I don't know if the streaming user is still with us, though, nor if they're willing to do it again; though I would be very thankful if that were the case!

Still waiting for the lewd.

Make do with this until tomorrow

im falling in love with her guys please make it stop

I wanna see her pregnant.

I wanna see Marco get her pregant

I want to see Marco pregnant

I want to make Marco pregnant.

Woohoo! this weekend keeps getting better!

Also, Morning FC! I am fighting insomnia!

Good morning to you too, Ama!
I'm sorry you're struggling again to get sleep: you're always so busy, that you sure would deserve rest!

In the end, I think I'll try helping RedHoodie's effort in making a visual novel: for now, I'll try my hand at making Star's model, with several poses and expressions. Let's see what good can come from this…

Have a lewd edit

I used to draw pics for my own RPG maker games back in the day but nowadays I dont have tools to do pictures clean enough to be used in games.

Glad to hear you want to help tho! I miss having the free time to use on making games.

Good night /sveg/

Someday, I'll request Princess Marco with her mother's body, but not today.

Goodnight, user: see you later!

If there's something that I have aplenty, is free time; enthusiasm, on the other hand…
The idea of RPGMaker always fascinated me — despite the fact that videogame RPGs in general don't attract me, with their exaggerated focus on grinding, collecting stuff, and levelling. …And to think that I started playing TTRPG with red box D&D!

Well I gotta go sit down for a bit
I'll be in my bunker, please knock

A very early sketch.
I went with first person view: because I plan on recycling whatever is possible, I will use this basic pose for various expressions — but probably also make an energetic pose, and a hunched one.
Because I want Star to express a lot with her body language, I will also redraw the arms often.

What is he reacting to?

The thread waifu wars

His mom

Everyone's obsession with Princess Marco

I wish real Mexicans were sexy
Maybe then LA wouldn't suck so bad

A little update on the lines.
While I could have easily drawn only one side, then mirror it, I feel that would've felt kind of artificial: symmetry is not everything!
Maybe there's still not much for you to give me feedback, if not the general proportions of the body and head: as always though, it is very welcome!

Oddly enough the neutral stance of a sprite can sometimes be the hardest one!

Good luck with that FC, and thanks for helping RH with these.

As for me I ran out of gas, spend the night catching up and reading fic updates, but now I need some sleeep!

See you in a few! and now lets see if I can for once get dubs with this stupid animation!

Nope, no dubs this time,sorry.
Thanks for your encouragement — as always! Have a nice sleep, Ama, and see you later!

The wall getting 10 knots shorter.

Dammit I'm a little late
Ähem... weekly reminder

Is that the name of her 『S T A N D ?』

Bad girl Star bullying Marco.

What's with all the marco bullying man calm down

Another update, now with some color!
The expression is neutral and relaxed, very rare for Star: feels kinda weird drawing her like this!

Everybody in here hates Marco for cucking them.

Getting the 'children of the corn field' feeling here

I'LL STEAL YOUR FACE

>13-year-old Star meets 13-year-old Marco
>"Whatcha doing, beta? Staring at some skater chick who's WAY out of your league?"
>"Maybe she'd go out with you if you GREW SOME BALLS"
>"Yeah, I said it"
>"Fucking pimple-faced little pussy. You gonna cry about it?"
>"Oh, yeah, I guess you are. Suck my dick."
>Star steps back into her dimension while flipping Marco off
>Marco stands there staring at her long after the portal vanishes, his lip quivering.
>"That's the best thing a girl's ever said to me..."

>Gazorpazorpstar
if you watch rick and morty you will get the reference

Bullshit star is my waifu and I think he's okay
It's not like I can actually come into contact with her anyways

I feel you, user, and I'm tempted of restarting from scratch.
It's actually the first time I do something like that, trying to develop a method as I go.

Yey!
I love everything.

Bad girl Star bullying Marco sexually.

I dunno, she looks kid of uncanny, to me. I'm sketching another pose that is not so centered and "staring into your soul"-y, and see if that can turn out better.

...Indeed

Fair enough, that would look better.
Don't worry, the novelty of the situation will wear off, and I'll finish waking up, and I'll be able to critique properly again.
I still love everything though.

I feel ya', it's always hard drawing a "neutral" stare in the show's style. That's probably why, in the actual episodes, characters rarely have the irises centered in the eye (unless when stratled, angry, scared...), they almost always look in some direction or they have the eyelid covering part of it.

You could try giving Star a goofier smile, making her cheeks go up a little, or open mouth, to show teeth, like pic related?

My main problem is that, while I would like a pose that's easy to work with, it must also represent the character quite nicely, ESPECIALLY since it's going to be the very base of future poses.

My main inspiration was the neutral pose in the wiki page, which has a relaxed smile, and Star's trademarked huge eyes staring straight at the viewer.
I guess I'm still warming up, trying to put together something that one can work with.

Folly, it's really cool that you're doing this for us. On behalf of everyone I'd like to thank you for your work.

Hopefully this project turns out alright!

>neebwriter
Oh dear, that's embarrassing.

Star and Marco ready to begin a countdown to Season 2.
How do you can't wait to watch excitedly this new show?

Before thanking me, at least wait until I have started delivering something usable, NW!
These early steps could very well lead me nowhere.
(Thank you for the encouragement, though: god knows I'm going to need A LOT of it, before I'm done!)

And, she makes a sign of two means this new season, too. That is so cute!

>Carl Weathers
Will he have a stew going?

>I wish real Mexicans were sexy
There are plenty of sexy Mexicans.

As far as neutral poses go this one is definitely bretty gud.

Currently, my guiding principle is: would IWNIHAanon wanna nut in THIS?

Very cute!

I just noticed how her leg becomes less shapely after the boot is on it

You work really fast. I'd take forever with something like this and call it a day, and it'd still look bad.
Is there a particular tutorial you learned from or did you work it out yourself? Because whatever method you're using is working.
Also, I love everything.

>1) He's actually constantly scared of his beard, but had to get used to it due to no razor
or
>2) Only copious amounts of hair scare him since Star and a few of his monsters have hair

Not a specific tutorial per se: I kinda start with a line that describes the general direction of the pose, then make an extremely blocky version of the body volumes (head, upper torso, hips, etc.).
Then I start drawing layers upon layers of sketches, trying to improve on every passage.

…THEN, I realize that the neck is too long, and so is the torso, and I have to make drastic corrections!

Who /megacon/ here?

Pic related is not me obviously, just a cosplayer I bumped into.

What a qt

Has any cosplayer topped this semen demon yet?

Have there been any good cosplays of the other girls?

Star shouldn't be 3D. This is scaring me.

I've changed method, somewhat: drawing separately torso, head, hair and arms. Let's see if this change pays off.

I think you should try to make the face lines a little bit thinner, just like you did for Chantelle's picture.

You know what: I know what's wrong now: the lines are too thin, because I'm working on too big a scale.
Should I shrink the sketch and work with that, or keep this resolution and make the lines thicker?

Does Star have a daddy kink?

Would she ever be one to call Marco "daddy"?

The sketch was made all with the same width, so yeah, in the end the outlines will be thicker than the lines of the inner details.
Though as I pointed out, I think I used a wrong scale for this drawing.

Modularity is probably good for VN art: a lot of games seem to make use of it.
I'll have to give your drawing method a try: I usually skip the blocky phase and generally come off worse for it.
What image dimensions are you using? Can't tell on my phone.

Papi

Eh, I probably am working on too big a scale: this sketch image is 1700 pixels high!
I tried making the lines thicker, and they seem much more appealing to me — but in the end, the better solution might be to downsize the whole image.
>I usually skip the blocky phase and generally come off worse for it.
For the longest time I started drawing from the face details, working outwards: making any kind of pose behind the very basic ones was pretty much impossible, that way!

This may be the right time to ask: what scale will be the game at? Are you programming it using ren'py?

This

Bullying is just another way of saying "I like you and I want to own you."

It reminds me of those hentai manga's where the girl bully's the guy into sex and forces him to blow his load in her and says shit like "you came in me!? i'll never forgive you!" and she keeps raping him until the floor is white and sticky and her belly swollen with baby batter

Then Marco really loves Janna

Stop

>Check Tumblr for Starco
>This slight flood in art of Marco being dragged out in his towel

Perfect

>Star and Marco performing the traditional Mewni greeting

Post the good ones.

Niqab version is better.

Thicker lines suit the artstyle way more (and we're never going to get them back as thick as they were before Toon City... sigh).

And it's usually best to work with higher resolution, and then scale them down. 1700px height is probably way more than any VN needs, but you never know.

This is the quality content we need! Your work, user?

>I wish real Mexicans were sexy

You shittin' me?

Alright well aside from this one
There's this

I know it's not in his towel but close enough, posting the other ones after

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

There may be more later

Nefcy really knew what she was doing, baiting all of us with some extreme privacy invasion between those two...

She obviously drew inspiration from her own life.

The base canvas I work on is 2000×2000 pixels, usually — and often I draw full-figure, so I was working on a huge scale in general.
…Still, it feels like I'm going in blind!

Yes. I finally found the reason why my tablet wasn't working with Sai and this was the first thing I drew fast.