youtube.com/watch?v=pbjVjZrrE3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>homage
more like cheap pandering and creative wasteland

fpbp

>we can't create iconic imagery, better use popoular ones to hide that

>we can't create iconic imagery
???

I hope that ruby becomes a frequent character.

>DBZ invented the "dude climbs out of a tiny space pod and looks forward"

Now if you'd posted the Evangellion one, you'd be closer

>they think originality is a real thing
Heh.

A piss poor attempt to plagarize a scene from a Japanese cartoon is not a homage.

If originality isn't real then what did the first people who did things steal from?

aliens

Nature

If i like the show its a homage, but if i dont like the show its plagiarism.

this has nothing to do with literally copying previous works instead of trying to put your own spin of things

that's from utena though

there's a shit ton of anime refs in su, like in the test where the congratulations thing at the end of eva is referenced

that said there isn't anything wrong with referencing, paying homage and emulating.

So what about the rest of the episode?

>that said there isn't anything wrong with referencing, paying homage and emulating.

UNLESS, that's all the show eventually becomes. Which thankfully, SU doesn't really do that too much.
But there are definitely other shows that wound just being a clutch of references, rarely ever providing anything that genuinely new

>baseball episodes
>original
>especially in anime

But hey, originality doesn't exist so just turn your brains off and keep eating your slob as the consumeristic pig you are supposed to be

If a bunch of things steal it, it's an homage.

ignore the dog, I can't find a better version

As I said before. There are only so many ways they could exit a pod.
We had kick the door open, somehow punch it open in every direction, being a fat fuck on hardly climb out of it.

To bring certain feeling to the audience you have to do things that have been done before

The shots in the OP arent even identical, and that ruby was one of 5, the other 4 came out of the pod in unique ways.

>ignore the dog

no that's hilarious

So, what would you prefer? Should people not do anything anymore because it's all been done? I don't understand why you're angry.

I mean theres only so many ways to animate a motorcycle doing that.

From the exact same angle, user?

Doing that in real life would kill you in about 2 seconds, its 100% an homage.

Jack Kirby

Fucking weeb Bruce Timm never had an original idea in his life.

Those screenshots are pretty much identical so it likely its not coincidence.

It's no secret Ian is a huge weeb for DBZ and had a major influence on SU as well as being Sugar's boyfriend, so.

How many add lighning?

It wouldn't trigger me if they actually referenced good anime instead of DBZ and Utena.

>inb4 Utena is a deconstruction you didn't get it REEEEEEE

>o no I have no point, let's move the discussion somewhere else
Let's face it you already had a "who care OK" prepared too.

More like people saw it so many times they just know it regardless of origin and think thats how it's done or that's how you can animate it at least

Yeah, this scene is the posterchild of whats wrong with american animation

no

>it's anime so it's automatically obscure
>even shit everyone's heard of like Akira

what the fuck are you doing you dumb nigger. either you're a fucking fat pedo weeb trembling at the thought of anime being manstream or you're some cartoon fuckboy that blindly and irrationally hates an entire medium because fat nerds like it too. Shit nigger this is Kanye's favorite anime and you think people haven't heard of it? get real

does this count?

>ignore the dog
Yeah, no.

>referencing anime is fine!
>using memes is bad!
>even though they are the same action of using concepts from pop culture and re-use them in a way the audience can recognize them!

/thread

Guy who drew it said he'd never heard of Berserk. Then someone brought up rapehorse and he got all pissy.

>it's fine! This show can be garbage cause...

Its appearently an honest idea that just happens to be a copy, even though several characters on the show have guts' left arm....

>ignore the dog
I refuse.

Here's another Akira-looking thing

Why would I ignore a corgi? What is wrong with you?

stop

More like ripoff just like everything else in that cartoon.

I never said any of the things you imply.
I diddn't know it originated in Akira but that doesn't matter. For example look at every crimeshows enhance shit. Regardless who started it, it is used by more and more because they saw it and ausme it's right. Or maybe just because it's used at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs

Berserk is just drenched in allegedly accidental similarities.

>rebuild
>not even the good Evangelion

jesus

>Now if you'd posted the Evangellion one, you'd be closer
The word for that is parody. and a good one, at that.

Okay, so it's not an anime, but it's still a japanese show, so...

>american cartoons
>bad animation
>bad artstyle
>have to rip-off anime constantly

It's getting embarrassing at this point

HENSHIN!

I'm pretty sure thats a common fighting stance

didn't miura mention that ash was an insperation for guts?

Did any Western show ever imitate the Obari pose?

Agtio was better.

>What is the Gong Bu stance

Tru

SU is totally embarrassing, yes.

Dude, that's just a generic karate pose.
You now realize all of Kuuga's forms are karate belt colors, starting at white and ending at black

>he doesn't know random sentai japan show literally invented all forms of martial arts

pleb

But muh bug men

Kamen Rider is not a Sentai show (Sentai just means Squad or Task Force)

Obviously any and all instances of a character giving a thumbs up must also be a reference to super bug men rider power rangers, as well as characters peeking around corners.

Kamen Rider is toku

yes

And characters drinking coffee

>implying
How is the terminal shit taste treating you user

Dude, all those screencaps are from the same show, don't act retarded.

>Squad or Task Force
You mean like the rider teams in Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Kabuto and Gaim?

and characters screaming

Huh, I figured random dog counted s Reddit humor. Shows what I know.

Random dogs maybe, but this is a corgi
Corgis are universally loved

>Ryuki
>Faiz
>Kabuto
>Gaim
>Teams
You don't watch Rider, do you?

Agito Riders are definitely a team by the end tho

>"Godai, a Grongi just flayed 5,000 elementary school children alive."
>"Me protect da smiles! Thumbs up!"

>ignore the dog
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Is it an homage when it literally calls it out?

"Oh gumball's just trying to go Super Saiyan again"

these are more recycling animation than paying homages

youtube.com/watch?v=pbjVjZrrE3w

>not knowing Sup Forums loves animals

In other news Water is wet

And genrally all over the top reaction faces

>tfw he don't realize that SU play fights out like dances instead of fights

So then why would they copy a fight that wasn't like a dance?

Glad it got cancelled

You're fucking retarded