Why is Ireland so rich?

it's a meme tax haven. the average Irishman is less wealthy than the EU average

>meme tax haven
I was thinking of that untill I saw the meme state of Luxembourg

There's green everywhere, bruh

Corruption

Nah there salaries are higher than here.

yeah if you live in east berlin

>butthurt anglo can't acknowledge that Ireland is a succesful economy.

>less wealthy than the EU average
kek that's a lie

They are a tax haven for large international companies.

Ironicly, while this is going on, they're also getting EU gibs, due to their low ability to accumulate revenue.
Things like this, makes me glad that Norway isn't part of the EU. That way, we don't have to fund meme economies like Ireland.

That being said, they're not nearly as retarded as their Catholic brethren to the south though.

>In May 2013 the European Commission's economic forecast for Ireland predicted its growth rates would return to a positive 1.1% in 2013 and 2.2% in 2014.[33] The Irish economy grew by 4.8% in 2014.

>An apparent, but illusory, growth of 26.3% in 2015 has been ascribed to tax inversion practices by multinationals taking advantage of Ireland's low corporate tax rate ("leprechaun economics").

wikipedia says its because of
>"leprechaun economics"

we're just class

>m-muh tax haven lol

way to show your idiocy

>to the south
Portugal?

>People actually think this
I'm alright with that if it means we go under the immigration radar

>PPP

>Under the immigration radar
Unfortunately, brother, we are the opposite

Agreed, our economy growth nominal this year is 15% thanks to stronger currency

Italy ob the other hand is stagnant shithole

from 5% to 15%

>czech truth and education

5% is gdp growth and the currency is 10% stronger

I for one see the irish sucess with good eyes and think they will eventualy have better life standards theb the UK wheb it gets overrun by pakis.

>czech education

that portuguese shoop

that's a shoop right?

They aren't. Their GDP is inflated because they are a tax haven. Still cannot afford enough potatoes.

Thats your fucking nominal mario

We use our Brazilians as slaves. You may know that slavery is really good for an economy as free labour increases productivity

it's GDP per capita. the total monetary value of what the country produces (which is mostly made up of international corporations having their headquarters there due to tax haven status), divided by a relatively low population (under 5 mil).

it doesn't mean everyone is rich there, it just means the poor population isn't significant enough to offset the stats of international corporations. look at Luxembourg at 109k, a country with more registered companies than people.

We already have better living standards compared to the UK average.

They still have much higher wages than Brits

because unlike Ireland, the UK has 65 million people, a significant proportion of which, lives outside of South of England, which is more than enough to push the average down, despite the South having higher average wages than Ireland

They have sensible corporate taxes, thus they have lots of corporate investment there.

Luxembourg gets a lot of crap, but there is a Luxembourgish language and whatnot (even if it's very similar to German/Dutch). Plus Luxembourg used to be less tiny.

Good keep it up.

Idk desu

>Poortugal

Yes this the original one, A Canadian shopped it, Greece is actually worse than portugal

>Yay I have more money but since the cost of life of my country is bigger than X country that I'm jealous of, I have a smaller purchasing power.
also, Ireland is not affected so much.