SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

ooooh ur shitpostin tooo naw naw naw

That looks really bad, I don't remember it looking that bad.

Why do people like Star Wars? There's no good reason for the design of ATATs in a universe with the technology for so much more.

Intimidation factor on lowly races. Doesn't explain why they'd use them against competent opposition though.

rule of cool

>here's no good reason for the design of ATATs

what if that water was really deep?

> There's no good reason for the design of ATATs in a universe with the technology for so much more.

MINES

Use a boat or hovercraft?

RLM hates this, AT-AT's made no sense and was stupid disney pandering. Now the Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighers, X-Wings, and Death Stars in TFA...Kino!

I unironically think Rogue One is in the top 3 Star Wars films.
Idgaf what Sup Forumsirgins or RLM says. The beach battle scene was the most operator moment in Star Wars and possibly mainstream Sci Fi history .

That's nice and all but has nothing to do with Star Wars

So much for "their armor is too strong for blasters"

i thought that AT-AT walkers armor was too strong for blasters. that jewish midget with the laser gun is about 1/4th the size of the cannon on Lukes Snowspeeder, and that didn't damage the AT-AT at all.

God I fucking hate star wars.

But one can't do land, the other can't do bumpy land.

As absurd as they are, the one thing you have to admit is that they're good on relatively varied terrain. Still not as useful as solid air support / close air support and troop carriers, but whatever - the movies already have magical parasites so whaddya want?

>Space equivalent of a helicopter mounted M60 machine gun can take out the space equivalent of a heavy tank
Why does armour exist in the Star Wars universe again?

That statement makes sense. A hovering vehicle can go over any terrain.

Meanwhile walkers are absolutely horrendous for terrain because anything less than extremely hard surfaces and they'd sink into the fucking ground.

Those walkers would be absolutely shit anywhere near sand, unless the Empire has a program to pack the shit out of it before they deploy them

I wish they'd add space AC-130s

What's the Star Wars equivalent of an A-10?

they really should have just made up their own new imperial ground vehicle that made sense for the environment. Literally no reason not too, the AT-ATs are Empire's thing, just let it have them...

A Space A-10, clearly

V-Wing?

>put holes in AT-AT
>no one flies through one
Lame.

Some folks are born maaade to wear the mask
Oooh they're a big guy for you

>x-wing pilot tosses a nade out his window as he flys through the gigantic hole

>hoo-ah, that got em!

>entire audience claps and cheers for the next five minutes

>the one thing you have to admit
No I don't, they're flat feet are useless on anything other than snow and flat terrain.

There's a reason they're putting them on a lake bed in the new movie.

V - 10
A - 10

Thanks Yify!

;_; I miss them bros

What videogame cutscene is that from?

IT AIN'T ME
IT AIN'T MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

are those walkers made out of recycled cans

halo

an A-10 that shoots lasers

>no fun allowed

OOOHHH THAT RED WHITE AND BLACKK

It was warkino

>umbaran arc
>"Pucha Miki Naht Mi" starts playing

Really, Filoni?

*lmao for 5 minutes*

What video game is this, is this the new Halo?

K-Wing, look it up.

It may have taken me like 20 years but I'm glad I finally realized Star Wars is and always was shit.

>it's a Sup Forums parrots RedditLetterMedia episode

>It's a Sup Forums defends fucking star wars episode
This place is can't be salvaged

Nothing makes sense in start wats

>Sup Forums
>defending Star Wars

Pick one!

Wew Treklad, Sup Forums contrarians hate the series here. It sucks desu

>implying I care enough to scroll through the thread before posting

I gave them the (You)s they wanted

Wew lad

Star Trek is just as bad for nostalgia wankery

>"Muh Armur"

Hey look, the non-combat utility models have less resistance to wire-frying ion bolts focused fired on its weak joints from point blank range than the full main line combat models from 3 years in the future have toward regular blaster fire from kilometers away, imagine fucking that.

Pic related, the K-Wing.

because they watched it as children and hold onto their childhood instead of growing up

my first thought too

LOOKS LIKE A RUMMAGE SAAAALE AWWW LAWD LAWD

This doesn't look very aerodynamic

>I gave them the (You)s they wanted
fair enough, have a (you) on me :^)

What utter bullshit trash. Glad I didn't see that turd of a movie.

>[Distant SLAM Noises]

If you're talking about unrealistic, hovercraft need smooth surfaces to operate. Even helicopters had trouble in Vietnam because of the varying air pressures in the variously elevated regions in the north.

The entire purpose of the ATAT was to be both a tank capable of engaging all atmospheric targets and a large transport of units. Essentially a deployable wall of fire power to the front lines of any battle planet side in as varied an environment as feasible. Would hover craft have worked on Hoth? Sure, after you weather proof them, but if watch episode V you'll notice Vader has no intention of waiting the same time it was taking the Rebels to weather proof their vehicles. Instead he was ready to draw a planet sided line, land a shit load of ATAT's outside the Rebel force Shield range and march that line all the way up onto the shield generator. Slower? Not compared to any other option available to the empire upon discovering the Base

Tldr: ATAT's are versatile and highly armored and worth that trade off for speed.

Holy fuck the CGI looks so terrible. I dont remember it being that bad in theaters.

Even RotS still holds up in spots.

GET SOME!!! GET SOME!!! GET SOME!!!

You don't hate Star Wars, you hate that people that don't give a shit about actual geek culture are in charge and shitting all over the franchise.

what movie is this?

Quick tell me the names of 4 new characters in this movie without looking them up

Qupidroid, rabbit, Theforce Iswitme, Forrest Whitaker

funny c3p0
less cool han solo
forest whitaker
darth vader

IT AINT ME

Star Wars Battlefront (2004)

So this...is the power...of autism

The action direction is top notch but the story and writing are dogshit, and unfortunately that takes up the majority of the movie

I can't believe I wasted money in this trash.

Jyn Erso
Cassian Andor
Chirrut Imwe
Baze Malbus
K2-SO
Director Krennic
Bodhi Rook

>without looking them up

>If you're talking about unrealistic, hovercraft need smooth surfaces to operate
What the fuck are you blabbering on about? We're talking about Star Wars magic hovering you God damn fucking retard, not actual hovercrafts. Jesus fucking Christ.

>me, it ain't starts playing

Yeah. And?

Jyn
Cassian
K3po
Bodey
Gayle erso
Krennic

I only saw it once on release date. Really not hard you brainlet

Sounds like the extras gallery of Harry Potter

>I don't think this sci-fi opera is realistic because blah blah blah
Well actually it makes sense and is pretty realistically inline with the mechanics of the made up fictional universe.
>Oh my god let me be ignorant and intellectually unchallenged
2summer4me, back to your safe spaces

What video game is this from?

Test

>both - Lazer fire does almost nothing to atats
>Rogue - side mounted troop sized weapon disables

>Sir the rebels got what they were after and transmitted the data off planet, but our forces planetside have killed every single rebel and this military base with sophisticated shield technology, thousands of soldiers, and billions in military equipment is under our control.
>GOOD, NOW BLOW UP THE ENTIRE PLANET BECAUSE WE'RE THE BAD GUYS

Jyn Erso
Cassian Andor
Chirrut Imwe
Baze Malbus

>the mechanics of the made up fictional universe.
Ok, you've now demonstrated you're just a complete and worthless true. Your claim that STAR WARS hovering vehicles are limited to smooth terrain is a complete and total lie that is disproven by literally every single Star Wars movie. Meanwhile your claim that AT-ATs are well armored and can engage all atmospheric targets is disproven by THE FUCKING OP OF THIS THREAD where a AT-AT is taken out by a fucking laser machine gun because its leg armor sucks and because it fucking engage targets that are out of its arcs of fire which are ridiculously limited.

THis is the last post you get out of me troll.

(you)

I didn't watch this pile of shit

>How can you shoot women or children?

Did you not watch the movie?

Tarkin had no way of knowing if the plans had finished transmitting.

They even state in ANH, "IF" the Rebels had a complete technical readout.

Tarkin took a calculated risk in destroying the signal transmitter, plus the added bonus of killing Krennic who he knew was on the planets surface.

you need to go back

Blind Asian guy
Asian guy with machine gun laser (why doesn't everyone else have these?)
Sassy joke robot
Rabbit face
Spanish looking guy who could be a Game of Thrones character
Krenim Imperium guy

If a little laser machinegun can cripple it I'm sure a mine won't have any problem either

>massive machine that probably costs hundreds of millions can be destroyed by a normal gun
Star wars is for manchildren

henry?

MUH MUH MUH MUH MUH

MYYYYYYY SHARONA

>Hundreds of millions
We have singular fighter jets that cost a billion dollars.

One jet.
That things basically an aircraft carrier on legs only our modern day carriers have better weaponry.

TIE Defender.