/who/ - Doctor Who General

Capaldi edition
Last time:

Other urls found in this thread:

ahoy.one/torrent/7961943/Doctor.Who.2005.Christmas.Special.2012.The.Snowmen.1080p.HDTV.X2
doctorwhoworldwide.com/hayley-atwell-counts-running-next-doctor-46983/
bigfinish.com/news/v/the-big-finish-sunday-digest
youtube.com/watch?v=qNIpG4m87ko
youtube.com/watch?v=eGdDDaSi-sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

understandable have a nice day

Anyone have good links for a 1080p bluray rip of the Snowmen? Or any of the 2009 specials? I've found good proper 1080p rips of pretty much everything besides those.

>MATHIESON: Hi Steven, thanks for calling. I'm really excited to be writing for Doctor Who again. Just wondering if I could ask a couple of questions?
>MOFFAT: Silence will fall when the question is asked.
>MATHIESON: Uh... oh, haha. Yeah, nice. Anyway, I-
>MOFFAT: Silence will fall.
>MATHIESON: ...yeah. Anyway, I was gonna ask... I mean, I just need to know a bit about the new companion.
>MOFFAT: She's gay.
>MATHIESON: Oh?
>MOFFAT: She's gay.
>MATHIESON: Right. Um, well I'm not sure that'll be relevant to my script-
>MOFFAT: Then make it relevant.
>MATHIESON: ...er, okay. I mean, you're the boss. Anything else I should know about her?
>MOFFAT: She's black.
>MATHIESON: Okay. I'm guessing that's relevant too for some reason?
>MOFFAT: It is if you want this gig.
>MATHIESON: Fine, fine. But I need to know about her personality. What's she like? What makes her tick?
>MOFFAT: She's gay AND black. It's simply outrageous.
>MATHIESON: I'm not sure it is. Maybe if it was 1973.
>MOFFAT: Well I don't know. It's up to the pussy wagons- sorry, actresses- to give their characters these ''''personalities'''' you speak of. Just have her make general noise for 45 minutes. But make sure it's gay. And black.
MATHIESON: Sure. This is Clara all over again, isn't it?
MOFFAT: No, Clala was white. Don't you remember? Bill is black, Clala was white. Totally different! Bill is gay, Clala was only situationally gay when my sense of humour called for it. Totally different! Clala was the impossible girl. Bill is totally possible. She's the possible girl. Hey, that's brilliant! I might put that in. Don't use that or I'll sue.

steven moffat is literally the biggest hack of our time

ahoy.one/torrent/7961943/Doctor.Who.2005.Christmas.Special.2012.The.Snowmen.1080p.HDTV.X2

cant find any for the specials, kind of weird there are active bluray (upscaled but still) rips of s1-s4 and s5-s9 but not the tennant specials

Thank you kindly. It is weird. I even googled around to see if anywhere near me is selling the bluray of the Tennant specials but they aren't, I'd have to ship it from the UK and that's a bit of a hassle and I don't want to spend like $45 AUD on essentially 4 fucking episodes. But beggars can't be choosers...I'll see what I end up doing

RIP in peace Cloister

Has he not been in threads lately?

Having a midget was SO tolerant and inclusive

doctorwhoworldwide.com/hayley-atwell-counts-running-next-doctor-46983/

Reminder that the dream is dead.

I dont have links but I have some names you can google cause the rips do exist:

Doctor.Who.2005.2012.Christmas.Special.1080p.BluRay.x264-SHORTBREHD
Doctor.Who.2005.Christmas.Special.2008.1080p.BluRay.x264-SHORTBREHD (The Next Doctor)
Doctor.Who.S04.Special.Planet.Of.The.Dead.2009.1080p.BluRay.x264-TFiN
Doctor.Who.2005.S04.Special.The.Waters.Of.Mars.1080p.BluRay.x264-NODLABS
Doctor.Who.2005.S04.Special.The.End.Of.Time.Part.Two.1080p.BluRay.x264-NODLABS
Doctor.Who.2005.S04.Special.The.End.Of.Time.Part.One.1080p.BluRay.x264-NODLABS

Thanks FNA. The 2009 ones seem to be dead, but the Next Doctor one works. Trying to find a working link to the 2012 one now.

well I found this shortly after so you could try just dl-ing the eps you need:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:fa7d516641a8ca1bd671725735b6a667528f183d&dn=Doctor+Who+%282005%29+-+Season+1-4+-+BluRay+1080P-ShortbreHD&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

That seems to just be straight s1-s4 without the specials (which i already have, maybe from that torrent, can't remember) but i do appreciate you looking :)

ah, oh well I'm sure most of them will tun up somewhere. Hopefully those rips aren't too old cause it just becomes a pain finding non-dead torrents.

It is possible. Work out about how many words you have to write per hour to be done when you need to be assuming you work nonstop with no sleep. At the end of each hour, no matter what, make sure you've kept up with this schedule even if you have to write some complete bullshit. Getting something on the page to start with is the hardest part. As soon as you've met your wordcount requirement for the hour, either continue writing if you're on a roll, go back and start revising and improving the bullshit parts, or allow yourself to nap until the end of the hour. It's surprising how much a short nap can refresh you but obviously it comes at a cost, don't do it too often. Don't be afraid to delete parts that don't work if you can do it without falling below where you're supposed to be by that time in terms of wordcount. You should aim to finish an hour or two before it's due so you have more time to revise if you need it or in case you have some unexpected delay.

I've found that taking short breaks to browse /who/ or something while doing something like this isn't necessarily going to hurt you as long you keep to that hourly deadline, just don't get caught up in an argument where you're going to get stressed or spend more than a minute or two thinking about your next post. If you're getting significantly ahead of schedule, work out how many hours it will take to finish if you keep up at your current rate and you can adjust your schedule accordingly, giving yourself time to sleep for a longer period or eat a proper meal.

So, why did they show Simm in the trailer? There were no spoilers, no speculation about him before, and if we first saw him in the episode, it would be much more unexpected. I'm sure that was planned from the very beginning. Maybe someone would recognize Simm's voice from Razor, but that's unlikely. People even knowing that Simm will be in the season, did not immediately realize that it was him. So why do BBC spoil everything, user?

This is good advice, I've acted similarly when needed when I was in uni.

PR

>it's coming straight for us!

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

Same reason they showed capaldi being shot by bill and regenerating in the trailers
they don't care if they show spoilers. Treat it like the video equivalent of clickbait - they want to get your attention with whatever possible, regardless of if it ruins your experience of first viewing

Genuinely considering stopping watching next time trailers tbqh

Thank god

That unicorn was pretty fucking scary desu.

>adblock detecter
fuck offerinski

What are you talking about?

Fuck. It's that she wouldn't have been that bad compared to whatever else they might have come up with.

uBlock Origin dashboard, Ads section
Adblock Protector List
Adblock Warning Removal List
Anti-Adblock Killer
EasyList

They want to promote their careers more than tell a story.

Remember when the show was good and they had unicorns?

aye

It's never too late to give up on your dreams.

I love that the cliffhanger is: will our heroes get impaled by Rarity? Find out next week.

Reminder that we're getting four (4) box sets of Time War bullshit.
bigfinish.com/news/v/the-big-finish-sunday-digest

When you see this man's face, it's going to be GOAT.

bring back gary russell

>I want the doctor to be female so I can jack off to them

When you see this man's name, it's going to be WOAT

I love that the Doctor fails at remaking Jamie's face.
kek

He said he wasn't part of it! What was that all about?

When you see this man's face, it's going to be GOAT.

When you see this man's face, it's going to be COAT

so Hayley's definitely out, and Kris is most likely out, who are the other contenders for the next Doctor that we know about

>Luke Treadaway
>Sacha Dhawan (would be a good choice desu, he seems like a swell guy)
>Phoebe Waller-Bridge
>Sue Perkins (would be good too)
>Jonathan Bailey

here's my sort of top eight

>Richard Ayoade (but he's busy doing Crystal Maze so most likely out)
>Jonny Lee Miller
>Ed Westwick
>Maxine Peake
>Joel Dommett
>Hayley Squires
>Rafe Spall
>Katherine Parkinson

tl;dr: new Doctor reveal when

>Kris is most likely out
Why?

hadn't he said he didn't want it? I mean I know to some people that might mean "oh that means he's got it" but I dunno

I'll redact that, we don't know if he's got it or not, and the scale is tipping either way desu

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage wouldn't want to play an alien

What are you listening to /who/?

>I help where I can but I will not fight.
The Time War is the setting, it doesn't mean he is participating. He's probably trying to fix the lives of innocent bystanders.

>the way he says Big Finish
>Doctor Who - The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield: Ruler of the Universe
Literally who?

youtube.com/watch?v=qNIpG4m87ko

I feeel sick

>TARDIS goes back to the universe where she's the Doctor

Underrated post.

Peter Harness' writing

She looks like she stepped off the filming of foyle's war.

>Zoe's ass

You think she'll do Big Finish or just drop Doctor Who and be forgotten?

youtube.com/watch?v=eGdDDaSi-sA

I'm Bill

I suck clits

unf

why the hell did Bill say that the president was orange and she didn't vote for him?
they live in LONDON for crying out loud, what the fuck has Trump got to do with them?

So glad we hopefully don't have to suffer this political agenda nonsense after moffat fucks off

I thought Nardole had a robot body in The Pilot... what's all this nonsense about cheap lungs and him getting sick in the last episode?

>posting a dead frog
necrophile much

None, Capaldi regenerates into Capaldi. Cap this

He's a cyborg. He has robot parts and human parts

Have you heard lasest speculation guys
Apparently they kicked current production designer and the guy who did previously did Sherlock got the job

Why bother with inefficient human parts instead of going full robo if he already lost his original body aside from his head anyway?

You won't see it coming. It's gonna be a Whopper.

Did you watch the scene? The UN guy is talking about the president of the world, the Doctor, and Bill thinks he's talking about the president of the US. The fact that Trump has nothing to do with them is Bill's point, which is why she says she wouldn't even have voted for them. Not that "dude orange lmao" is in any way funny or worth putting in the script, but the necessary context was there.

They never said he was 100% robotic and what said is made explicit in that scene.

>BBC press release completely gives the cliffhanger away

>DVD release of found Doctor Who serial
>BBC's trailer has cinematic action music and spoils the entire ending
>buy the DVD on the assumption it's some kind of pulse pounding karate flick
>not allowed to return it somehow

I want Missy to kill Bill. She should next episode.

Based Mickey

The President didn't even look like Trump in Extremis either.

is Mondas being an anagram of Nomads just a coincidence?

lol, context?

E-LAB-OR-ATE!

Ricky

>I'm not racist
>I wouldn't of even voted for him, he's orange.

u wot m8?

>Ricky in my TARDIS

Dude, you know how Trump is orange? Dude, what if, dude, what if he was like a CHEETO? LMAO. Get it? Because he's orange.

Can you fuck off please?

You only want a female Doctor so you can:

A.) Talk about how great a female doctor would be in public, thereby increasing your odds of positive attention from SJWs and roastie whores so that you can get laid

B.) Have more wank material than you already have

C.) A combination of A and B.

A female Doctor would only be pandering, no more, no less. If they had established a precedent with the Doctor having had a female form before then maybe I could buy it, but in a socially politically charged climate like this, it's simple pandering, that's all.

>Oh no.
>What is it, Doctor?
>I've made a terrible mistake. I accidentally summoned the Shit Lorrdz.

I neither wank to Who nor talk about Who in public.

>
A female Doctor would only be pandering, no more, no less. If they had established a precedent with the Doctor having had a female form before then maybe I could buy it, but in a socially politically charged climate like this, it's simple pandering, that's all.
I see this line of thought a lot and I'm really puzzled. You seem to be implying that because it would be possible to pander by casting a female Doctor there is no way to do it except as pure pandering. Do you have a different definition of pandering?

>A female Doctor would only be pandering, no more, no less. If they had established a precedent with the Doctor having had a female form before then maybe I could buy it, but in a socially politically charged climate like this, it's simple pandering, that's all.

I thought this when they genderswapped the Master but I've very much enjoyed Missy. I understand the apprehension but it's not impossible that they could handle it well.

CG would have made the snakes on Medusa's head look so shitty, but because they had to use stop motion it actually looks like living stone.

Can we talk about how ridiculous it is that the doctor can't find a way to read without fixing his eyes. He can't just use some kind of text to speech or something? He has a phone, he could have taken a picture. He wouldn't even need non-human tech.

>the doctor can't find a way to read without fixing his eyes
how do you think he read the Veritas even if that was just a simulation

That and the mechanics of the eye and it's interface with the brain is already almost completely figured out by human science. Time Lords would be able to replace them any time they wanted. The Doctor's telepathic too.

I love the Mind Robber so much. Such a creepy story. The Forrest of words, clock work solders, Medusa and I love how Gulliver shows up out of no where every now and then.

Orange isn't a race, user.

He fixed his eyes...

Yeah, I barely got on board with his shitty sonic-vision. Like seriously, strap a camera on the thing. He literally has camera glasses. Remember the episode where he has Rory go into two streams wearing camera glasses to rescue Amy but she's all old? Just hook that up to your visual cortex or whatever. We know he can do that too. Remember when he projected the image of clothes into people's brains so he wouldn't look naked?

>He fixed his eyes...
No, he used a text-to-speech program.