wtf did I just watch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mwrip4d1JFc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That looks... haunting.

Absolute kino
Did you watch dubbed or subbed?

It's a scary flick

it's super trippy dude. the whole film looks like a book. french people make weird things my dude

A methapor for our modern commodity based world.

subbed.

A flick masquerading as a film.

French animation is weird.

Should I watch this or The Void?

not sure where I could even find this but it looks interesting

le french aliens

this, then gandahar

I found a torrent pretty easily on either tpb or ka years ago. it's old enough, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on youtube

Now listen to some "madlib - Quasimodo" for some truly kino beats

smurf aliens v. humans

youre next movie to watch should be the criterion collection's release of jellyfish eyes

an allegory for the threat of nuclear holocaust

This movie on acid is some of the best most memorable shit you'll watch. The scene of the gigantic stadium with the conference is awesome, hearing them discuss their planet's issue in such detail. You get lost in it. The most trippy part is when the human stumbles upon the four aliens in their meditative state. That music in that scene is insane

Also if you're tripping and watching this be ready for that velociraptor thing, it scared the shit out of me because the volume suddenly increases by tenfold in its shriek

but the aleins are bigger than the whomans? y r they smurps?

cause french anime are trippy. oompas cause they blue crews

go watch jellyfish eyes. criterion did a good job on it

the aliens in it look p.good my dude I'll try and find it

(its a criterion troll release btw)

One of the better animated features ever created.

Void's trash, saw it yesterday, don't bother.
Absolute shit.

>you will never be a domesticated grom named Ter with massive intelligence that impresses all the young bitches in the tribe to mate with you

Nigga must have been living like a Kang after it was all said and done

>adjusts monocle
I thought the movie was fabulous. Superb even. Much too advanced for your average movie-watcher to appreciate.
>increases bid on an unrelated piece of modern art
This movie spoke to me. I connected with it more than Eraserhead, surprisingly.

Technically it's Czechoslovak animation and the story is actually a satire of the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia.

I am a special woman, I just wanna love you, come and be my baby

Watched it on acid and I've hated French people ever since

spacer*

i hella enjoyed this movie, i was hella high too!

youtube.com/watch?v=mwrip4d1JFc

Fantastic Planet does a really good job of depicting a truly alien world. I wish more sci fi was like it, because exploring the unknown should be creepy and confusing.

It was directed by Laloux and the art design came from Jean Giraud, but yes, the Hungarians did do the hard labor.

It's from a prog-rock-flavored era of sci-fi, when a kind of post-psychedelic expansionism took speculative fiction into really far-off places. Often bubbly, colorful, New Age-y, space-fantasy places though... which can be cool but it's a certain thing.

See also Heavy Metal magazine (and the movie), Roger Dean, the comic artist Moebius, Ralph Bakshi's Wizards, Omni Magazine, and early RPG illustrations.

You still see the effects of that aesthetic in the early 80s, in the Conan movie, in D&D art, in He-Man, but by then it was evolving more into a heavy metal (as in metal music) direction. But the kind of bubbly helmet designs, and the colors in the He-Man cartoon definitely come from that 70s style.

But for whatever reason there was a lot of this cosmic aesthetic in France in the 70s, hence Heavy Metal magazine.

You can also look into some of the cosmic-type disco coming out of France that had this type of vibe.

also Philippe Druillet

Word.

It's interesting, I connect it with a certain French lyricism and hyper-stylistic thing. Which is like another strain in France running parallel and distinct from that whole dry boring Godard social realist kind of thing. Like there's another hip france that was/is really luscious, stylish, sexy, often sci-fi-fantasy thing that you see still see in Daft Punk, the Ed Banger label and its artists, etc. Daft Punk even had that space alien anime movie with a lot of that cosmic prog design to it.

have you listened to ED REC 100?

Just finished this, not sure what to think. Watched it sober, it was definitely uncanny and unsettling. I can't imagine watching it on acid, I feel like you would get really bad vibes, but then again I've never done acid.

Enjoyable but I probably won't watch it again. The aesthetic was cool but the alien animals crept me the fuck out.

My parents had it on VHS and would put it on all the time since it was a cartoon. Fuck me.

do the aliens have genders?

patrician

Yes.

I never thought the dubbing was horrible for that movie. Saw it in both French and English and thought the English dub was good.

welp I've only had a chance to watch it subbed. I read's post and they say it's good so I'll try and find it dubbed

both versions are dubbed you fucking retard it's an animation

I think he means the subtle differences between the Oringal French and the English redubbing. There were a few but nothing that altered the story

FRICK YOU

Okey dokey