What's the deal with Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana? Why are they so mysterious? Why do I never see them post...

What's the deal with Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana? Why are they so mysterious? Why do I never see them post? What happens there?

Other urls found in this thread:

france24.com/en/20170829-focus-france-french-guiana-illegal-gold-mining-brazil-rainforest-organised-crime
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guyana and Suriname are poor, forested shitholes.
French Guiana is slightly richer but still poor, and also a forested shithole. Oh, and rockets.

Those countries aren't real. There was a coup in 2009 during which all undersea cabling and communication was cut. They essentially went dark

What?

The French Foreign Legion mostly hangs out in Guiana nowadays, they shoot at illegal gold miners.

they're 99% jungle

All I know about french Guiana is illegal gold mines and rockets

There arr one based black surinamese poster on /biz/ who became millionaire with the bitcoin crap.
He's advicing to sell now, btw

Suriname had a nasty civil war between 1986 and 1992 between military dictator Dési Bouterse and the so-called 'Jungle Commando', led by Ronnie Brunswijk, who used to be Bouterse's bodyguard. The Surinamese are a heterogenous mix of 'Hindostanis' (Hindus), Javanese, Creoles, Maroons (tribalized descendants of escaped slaves, literally black tribes on another continent), Dutchmen (called 'Boeroes'), Amerindians, Chinese, and Sephardi Jews. These Jews tried to found an inland colony, called Jodensavanne ('Jewish Savannah'), but it was destroyed by a slave revolt.

Guyana is a very isolated and backwards place. Ethnically speaking, it is dominated by Hindustanis and Africans along with a large Amerindian population. It has a longstanding border dispute with Venezuela, which claims half of Guyana's territory. The cowboy-dominated southeastern savannahs were the theater of the 1969 Rupununi Uprising, when angry Scottish ranchers destroyed a local police station with bazookas. But by far the most famous event to take place in Guyana was the Jonestown massacre, when an American 'utopian', 'christian' 'communist' community committed mass suicide after their human rights violations were exposed. 909 people died. You should look up the aerial pics of the dead, littered everywhere around the compound. It's pretty astonishing.

French Guyana has a more Antillean feel to it. There are no Indians there, just Creoles, Maroons, Whites, Chinese, Hmongs and Amerindians. Many Amerindians live in the southern third, which is reserved to them and where trespassing is not permitted. French Guyana has large gold reserves, and illegal mining has attracted many rural Guianese and Brazilians into secluded shantytowns. This activity pollutes the rivers, and the organized crime it attracts has caused many deaths in the jungle. It also harbors the launch pad of the European Space Agency(ESA) and Arianespace the world's first commercial launch service provider(60% of the current market share).

how do you know he's black?

the president of Suriname is a drug lord who can't go to Europe because the Netherlands convicted him in absentia of moving kilos back in the 90s

When shithole countries are completely under western control you never here a beep about them.

Strange how that works.

Dutch-Venezuelan relations are among the most bizarre things in International Relations.

Only countries in South America where Indians are a sizeable population

What about Chile and Ecuador?

And Peru and Bolivia...

I heard we send things into space from there.

French Guyana was actually a lot in the news lately. They were fed up with illegal immigration and went on strike.
(typical french, I hear you say)

Who is illegally immigrating there? And for what reasons?

Trinidad

French Guiana is literally part of France, it became an overseas department and region of France in 1946 together with Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Reunion.
For comparison, Baja California became a state of Mexico in 1952, Alaska and Hawaii became states of the U.S. in 1959 and Baja California Sur and Quintana Roo became states of Mexico in 1974.

Newfoundland and Labrador entered the Canadian Confederation in 1949.

He often post pics of himself

It's funny how the informative posts on Sup Forums are always ignored in favor of shitty banter. Here's a you

i'll be

He meant Asian Indians

There is nothing to see in French Guiana. It's sparsely populated and used mainly to launch rockets.

Interestingly, French Guiana is an outermost region of the European Union. So any citizen of the European Union can live there no problem

Mainly people from Guiana and Suriname. Also some northern apezillians.
They want their share of the generous french welfare system, as always.

Do they ever end up in France?

French guiana is France. It has exactly the same legal status than the mainland in Europe. Once there are here the only things that keeps them for coming to Europe is the price of the plane ticket.
But they don't care, they don't need to.

Do people from Guiana (citizens) regularly move to Mainland France? I imagine there's not much happening there besides some tourism and the space industry (which I think it's mostly people from Europe, right?).

how do living standards compare to mainland france?

Not good. It's the poorest department.

But still miles better than countries around.

Yes some do, in order to find jobs. The french minister of justice under Hollande presidency was a woman from french guiana (pic related).

how frequently do you interact with french of guyanese origin?

Not very often, because the population is small. It is much more frequent to meet people coming from guadeloupe, martinique, la réunion or even new caledonia.

What illegal gold mines? Never heard about these supposed gold mines.

Then you're not well informed. It's a well known fact here in France. We send gendarms to fight illegal gold diggers.

france24.com/en/20170829-focus-france-french-guiana-illegal-gold-mining-brazil-rainforest-organised-crime

Tell us about the bridge. You know what I'm talking about.

Do people who hate immigrants or non-whites ever complain about them, too? Even though, they're French citizens

No. Most people are fine with them. They're not the ones doing the crimes, and are well integrated. They have been french for centuries and some of them are whites anyway. Napoleon's first wife was from Martinique for instance.

French citizenship is cheap as fuck, it means nothing

Amerindians make up 6-8% of the pop. according to census. We are mostly mestizos. Although because the racial composition of mestizos is quite diverse, there are some that might as well be considered amerindians. So, idk. The genetics of this place are 45%amerindian and 45% european, and the rest everything else.

Is the rest negro?

Yeah, and asians too. There's a sizeable lebanese population, but i don't know if they are considered white or not.

and you are faggot soon the guyanas will be ours again

Would France enslave and destroy Brazil if you tried to invade them?

They would literally let a nuke exploded over Sao Paulo. Close enough to be seen but distant enough to not cause any serious harm.

That's awesome. The only thing I knew about this area was Jonestown. Thanks Hans