How much Spider-Man are we gonna get in the MCU?

How much Spider-Man are we gonna get in the MCU?

Spider-Man, without a doubt, has the largest cast of characters and stories to bring to the MCU, but it's doubtful that they are going to get all of his content into the films with another trilogy. Should the MCU have Spider-Man villains cross over into other films? Should other characters get their own film from the Spider-Man franchise, like say Venom, Black Cat or Silver Sable? Will each Avengers film have a mandatory Spider-Man arc that pushes things forward?

Thoughts?

I suspect they'll keep to only the most relevant of the Spidey villains. Though if they do try to cram as many in as possible, they'll be like mini-boss level in ways like how Strucker, Batroc and Crossbones have been portrayed. Guys like Rhino, Hobgoblin, Hamerhead, Tombstone, Sin Eater, Shocker and the Prowler I could see as being relegated to such a role.

I'd prefer they avoid Venom entirely and focus on a (if they're doing a multi film story arc) build up toward the Green Goblin instead of just using him the first movie.

Isn't Mister Hyde considered a Spider-Man villain? If so then it's already happening somewhat now.

I see no reason for them to not just keep making films. Why not have another trilogy or more?

>How much Spider-Man are we gonna get in the MCU?
Couple of movies, and Avengers appearances.

I don't Venom needs a movie just yet, calm down with that shit, Sony. Maybe actually make a decent movie with Spider-Man and the Symbiote first, and then we'll talk.
I do't really know much about Silver Sable, so I can't really comment on that. I don't think many people do, and for Black Cat, there's no reason not to just tell her story within a Spider-Man movie.
I think Spider-Man will have a more integral role in Infinity War, whereas he was mostly a guest in Civil War, but after that, I'm not sure what they're gonna do with the "Avengers" franchise.

I think Hyde had already been introduced in the MCU before the Spider-Man deal went through.

>Silver Sable
Who gives a shit about Silver Sable. And not even pre-movie GotG levels of who gives a shit.

Hyde's a Thor villain.

I'm sure they're desperate to find a new face for the MCU with RDJ leaving / becoming stupidly pricey. There was talk about it being Strange but with the casting of the super busy Cuminsnatch and the return of Spidey to Marvel Studios I wouldn't be surprised if we get a MASSIVE Spidey push.

>Spider-Man, without a doubt, has the largest cast of characters and stories to bring to the MCU

Wrong, that's all the cosmic shit tied up with Fantastic 4.

the fuck is going on with iron mans face there

i haven't been keeping up too much, but from what i read it's a cooperative deal with Sony. Marvel Studios can use Spidey in Avengers-related movies, and Sony can get cameos from other Avengers actors, but any Spider-Man movie will come from Sony, not Marvel. They agree to use the actors cast by Marvel and i think Marvel has to approve stuff, but otherwise Spider-Man is still Sony's franchise. Basically Sony is joining forces with the MCU.

So while you're going to see Peter and probably Norman Osborn show up in Avengers films, we're also going to get a new set of Spider-Man films from Sony but with Marvel Studios doing quality control. This will either result in an amazing success or will fail spectacularly due to creative differences and Marvel refusing to green-light whatever Sony wants to do.

Isn't there talk of Marvel trading an expanded set of X-Men related rights to Fox in exchange for the FF rights?
Fox is actually making money off of Deadpool and X-Men, unlike F4NTASTIC, and the X-properties that weren't included in the deal with Fox initially are useless to Marvel Studios anyway.

Would they really make the new "Face of the MCU" a character that in a lot of ways is still controlled by another company? Doesn't Sony still get a lot of the profit for any Spider-Man solo?

>Wrong, that's all the cosmic shit tied up with Fantastic 4.
Really though, that stuff it HUGE. The Guardians of the Galaxy was way more limited than it needed to be if they had all of the the F4's space and inter-dimensional elements.

They said they wanted to hire a young kid so that he could be Spiderman for decades and grow with the character.
After Infinity War, he's going to be the poster-boy of the MCU.

>norman osborn
>then dark avengers movie someday, someshit like suicide squad

What is the true arch enemy of Spider-Man? I'm tired of Green Goblin.

I think that Norman/Goblin are more like a Peter enemy, not Spider's. And Otto is just a mad scientist doing his crazy shits and Spider stop him.

>inb4 himself

I would pull my dick out and start furiously masturbating while screaming SPIDERMAN if Daredevil and Luke Cage show up in Homecoming to help or even if they cross paths. New York isn't that big.

So basically thunderbolts

I see it like this

>Gobby: Archenemy
>Ock: Equal
>Venom: Rival

>How much Spider-man are we gonna get in the MCU
All of it. Spider-man is the single most profitable superhero, Holland is young and capable and he's finally in Marvel's hands, who are pushing to make him the face of the MCU. Those ideas for Sinister 6, Venom etc movies will probably still be done but done right.
Great things are coming and I can't fucking wait.

>What is the true arch enemy of Spider-Man?
Marvel's writers.

It is/was the Goblin no matter how you look at it.
Venom is great but he doesn't really feel like an arch-enemy.

Joe Quesada is the real enemy. Thankfully he's not part of the MCU anymore.