Advanced ancient alien race with hyper advanced technology

>advanced ancient alien race with hyper advanced technology
>live in city made of stone
No wonder David bombed them, they were no better than savages, they probably stole that tech from some other advanced alien race

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>highly advanced alien race that seeded life for BILLIONS of years

>home planet has no protection whatsoever
>home planet only has one city on it
>home planet has only one spaceship there
>no security check or clearance for incoming spaceships
>no way to defend themselves whatsoever

Fuck. This. Shit.
DAMMIT SCOTT. WHY COULDN'T THE MOVIE BEEN ABOUT THE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN THE ENGINEERS, DAVID, AND SHAW?
WHY ANOTHER SLASHER SCIFI FLICK WITH THE RECYCLED "WE FOUND AN ALIEN ______ AND ARE UNAWARE OF THE HORROR IT BRINGS?
WHY YOU SENILE FUCK?

The ones that really got me were
>absolutely no sign of life on the planet on any light wavelength
>one city
>made of ancient stone because it will make it more spooky and aesthetic

I think, garnering from what I have read from Scott's interviews, the engineers are reverent of nature and prefer to live in a symbiotic manner.

Looks awesome to me
t. Marxist Feminist Leftist Retard

If that's the case, then Scott needs to make it more clear in the movie, I'm not gonna go look for some interview. Maybe instead of just making the Engineers evil for no reason he could have given them a reason for doing the things they did

Same for Ancients(Stargate) in Milky Way. Stone building everywhere, technology is hidden etc.
Thank Janus that they managed to make it right in Atlantis

I don't know what the fuck keeps happening, but key backstory elements that are interesting keep getting cut out. The whole engineer backstory has been pretty much erased from Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

>reverent of nature
>create another species and black goo

On a related note, when i got home from the theatre and realized that i had missed one of the 'prologue' videos where shaw solders David's head back on, and then David bombs the Engi town I was so mad. That is very valuable information that I would guess confused most of the audience. There's a difference between having something happen offscreen (The Sopranos was very good at this) and just not explaining something.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
goofy writers and senile old man are your problems friend. just wait for all the "Making Of" vids I guess

Or that maybe they reasoned that stone lasts a stupidly long time so why bother reinventing the wheel?

the black goo was intended to clean slate planets they viewed as failures after seeding.
A quick look at their homeworld (all 2 minutes worth prior to David being a psychopath) shows simple clothing, no consumerism, stone buildings, no pollution, and frugal use of technology.

I didn't see a problem there.

In the movie you are first told (by David) that there was an accident.

Then we find out (via flashback) that he released the payload himself.

Then we find out (David confirms it) that he experimented on Shaw and he threatens Daniels with doing it again with her.

Everything you need to know is given to you there.
If anything the prologue video confuses things since he's super nice to Shaw there yet in the movie he acts deranged.

Bear in mind that he does also say in the movie that he made himself busy and that androids like him have to occupy themselves with something so he might've started tinkering with creating his own life after a couple of years or sitting around and then gradually lost his shit.

If it's easy to build with advanced technologies then great. Obviously their civilization still has a soul as well as having a sense of divine purpose and religious attitude. It was also probably meant to make a subconscious connection to the attitudes and philosophical enlightenment that we associate with Roman culture. Perhaps even they influenced our own culture in some way.

>no protection
>invisible to deep space scanners
>constant electrical storm clouds covering the planet
>was found by freak accident since livable worlds are scarce and sending random exploration missions just aren't feasible

>I have read from Scott's interviews, the engineers are reverent of nature and prefer to live in a symbiotic manner.
Scott can say whatever he wants but that city and that level of no defense at all doesn't have any sense with a species so developed. Period.

Big deal considering one dinky ship penetrated their "storm" and landed there with no issue.

Also apparently just any engineer ship with a foe on board can show up and nuke their entire civilization.

So we can all agree that Walter is ok and will pursue the Covenant and also the only cast member returning in the next movie will be MMichael Fassbender?

There's a certain theme of hubris in these films, ya know.

Is that what Scott is trying to convey- that David- the pinnacle of human creation, kills off the perfect people?

Something I noticed about David
>loves Wagner
>believes himself to be an ubermensch
>views others as subhumans and expendable
>only values strength
>willingly genocidal

Wqs Scott trying to make him into a literally Hitler? It feels so hamfisted and corny now that I think about it.

What if the actual city is underground and that thing is just a decoy?

I wish, fuck you Ridley.

so david is /our guy/?

Is Scott another Lucas?

David was on that planet for over 10 years, they probably would have done something at some point, and even then, the black goo goes after literally everything

>it's shit on purpose

Never a good argument to fall back on.

I get the same vibes.

>advanced alien race
>no skyscrapers
>everyone wears the same Jedi clothing
>no satellites or radar

Even pleb sci-fi kino has these basics bolted down.

Naw, it's a poor characterization and projection on Scott's part. Real Hitler would have creamed his pants over the Engineer's city and it's architecture and would have claimed them as his Aryan ancestors.

Seems pretty fucking obvious to me. Would you rather they not advance whatever story they have because you know how a made up alien species would behave? Maybe they thought they were untouchable. Why would a totally dominant race think fucking humans would come to their planet?

But really do they not have a way to monitor us closely?

did he kill shaw or was her death none of his doing?

>using stone as strongest building material
>use advanced technology to create life on new planets

His motivation to experiment on shaw, the one human he seemed to love, and yet kill all the engineers, who probably have vast amounts of knowledge on the subject as well as being a lot of bodies for experiments, doesn't make any sense. Having Shaw, not an AI-electrical engineer helps this, but without the prologue I was painfully confused what he was thinking.

I was more confused about why they were all cheering when the ship came back. If some long-lost ship magically shows up one day, you'd think they'd be skeptical about what was going on.

Also what the fuck was that floating thing? It's obviously some sort of dock for the ship but...what's its purpose? How is it floating in the air? Why does one end of it look like a fucking scorpion stinger? If it's a dock why is it floating in the air? You're just going to have to take a secondary vessel to get back down to the ground.

Yeah they were pretty fucking dumb but at least it looked cool I guess. I had no problem with it since the only maybe halfway interesting thing is to see fassbender act. At least he's competent if a little fart sniffy about his performances.

I don't know. It's just interesting enough to watch the movies but they're really fucking dumb. I just want to see what shit they come up with to connect it to the original movies and a mild interest in the xenomorph species.

Yeah man all these questions for a throwaway scene. You probably put more thought in it than they have.

>the engineer homeplanet could have been a biomechanical nightmare cityscape, instead we got rocks and wheat
fuck this senile fuck

Covenantfags defend it by saying "Dude. engineers became agrarians, their History devolved..."

There is a huge ship floating mid-air, isn't that high tech?

SHITTY SCRIPT

This should have been explained as a colony of engineers that have decided to live without using advanced technology and just living simple lives. There should be more planets with engineers living in highly advanced cities and planets.

From this movie Ridley Scott is implying that the highly advanced engineer race is dying off and retreated to one planet with one city. None of that makes sense. So many plot points and universe expansion that doesn't make any sense.

>hey dude, check out these eggs I made
>go ahead, take a closer look, it's safe
>cue predictable facehugger jump scare
Why the fuck was that guy just going along with it all? He just saw that David clearly doesn't give a shit if people die and all his mad scientist experiments.

Did anyone else assume that this was just some dumb tribal species and not the engineers?

>be super intelligent race of space-traveling beings
>fly around the galaxy seeding planets with life
>decide to take a break at our religious city
>no tech allowed, you have to live and study like the ancients
>look up and see some malfunctioning cyborg dropping bio weapons from a civil war that ended a century ago
>mfw

They bombed a resort.

I thought the same, "hey come here to this dark cave and take a look of this alien eggs, hey look how they open and make creepy sounds and something moves inside, hey puto your foucking head close, nothing bad is gonna happend..." Lazy as fuck script.

But maybe it is justified because that character was driven by religion and he was dumb? It's the only thing I can say could justify that.

David has been on the planet for 10 years playing amateur zoologist and geneticist. He said that the goo transformed all the creatures on the planet. So why the fuck is the planet empty? Shouldn't the forests be crawling with xeno mutants of birds and bugs and whatever the fuck else used to live there? David has obviously had plenty of things to study and experiment on.

I thought that because people were saying that this was another species created by the engineers and not the engineer in themselfes but it seems that they are the engineers.

David is going to create Alien Nazis to wipe out humanity.
Next movie should be interesting

>But maybe it is justified because that character was driven by religion and he was dumb? It's the only thing I can say could justify that.
Except in a prior scene he went ahead and gunned down the neomorph that David was trying his horse-whisperer impression on. The dude is clearly capable of recognizing a threat.

There's no way to justify it, even in the script. The writer is just a hack and Ridley Scott is an idiot for approving the damn thing.

If he doesn't recognize that a white alien humanoid that has just behaded one of your friends is a threat then he isn't dumb, he's is blind.

no girl engineers?

Did some hindu user leak an HD rip of this yet?

Why does this planet have to be the engineer home world?, could this be a colony/seed world that's in a Rome like era and that dock in the air came out of hiding to meet the ship that has been basically missing for 2000 years. Who the fuck knows what's happend in that timeline

>sir, incoming ship
>"is it one of ours?"
>yes, but it appears to be thousands of years old, should we check investigate
>"nah, let them dock"
>we're still able to dock a ship that old?
>"yup"
>"oh, and gather everyone, it looks cool as shit when a ship comes down"

Who needs a womb when ya have black magic semen?

The black goo seems to do anything but make a planet a clean slate. You're literally better off nuking the planet than bombing it with black goo because that shit creates a PERMANENT BIOHAZARD on the planet which renders it inhospitable for an unforeseeable amount of time

hahahaahahaha Scott is stupid as fuck

>they probably stole that tech from some other advanced alien race

Yeah, fuck cultural appropriation

i wonder if it wasn't even their homeworld. . . surely there's other engineers out there, maybe they are seeded just like humans were, would explain the start of prometheus how one just gets left there to seed a world, maybe he was forced into it.

>religious city
>no tech allowed
good idea really religion can make people do silly thing sometime let alone a super crazy religious alien with weird festish
but isn't this planet their homeworld or some shit

at least there was shown a use for axes in space twice. can't top that

Almost all of the comments about this movie are spergtastic but I have a legitimate one.

>David says the goo has no effect on floral life
>Have the group is infected because of goo spores from plants

???

There are numerous hints in the movie that no one seems to ever discuss... I bet none of you even noticed the creatures popping out of the engineers when they were being killed that looked exactly like classic alien. I bet none of you even recognized the symbolism of the statues and their orientation designating the area to be of sacrificial use. Let's not even bring up how the "black goo" acts like a fucking nano machine swarm of AI scarabs...

where do all there cummies go?

>Wants mystery and moans that it's being taken away from the franchise
>Moans when something mysterious is in the film

Kys faggot obviously their idea of an advanced society is different to ours, maybe it's the reason they wanted to kill us

Thats because they didn't intend it to create the biohazard

>they probably stole that tech from some other advanced alien race

I fucking hope so

No effect as in it doesn't kill them

>mfw if 10 years ago someone showed me OPs image and told me it was from a new Alien film in the future

Since this whole thing was based on some ancient aliens crap it fits at least, because somehow these super advanced aliens came and built stone buildings for us.

The Precursor race in the Halo universe were also super advanced and got fucked over by lesser lifeforms that they themselves seeded(and then they created an unstoppable parasitic lifeform to get revenge......hmmm) . Perhaps they were content with what they had and didn't think anyone else would fuck them over.

>So, how do we store 20000 colonists in their flammable tin coffins?
>Just let them hang freely.

You're just retarded.

There's lots of ways you can play it
>They're recovering from a huge war
>They're just another seeded race that the creators left on their dead homeworld
>They're just another seeded race and it's not the homeworld
>They're creations based on humans from 2000 years ago that were abducted

Tell us how you really feel.

New Alien was qt as fuck, tho

stay in school

what do you think the substances is that david bleeds when daniels stabs his neck?

do you think he mixed the black goo in with his coolant? or is it something else?

Are you guys just pretending to be retarded?
These guys aren't engineers they don't even look the same or are the same size.

They're just one of the engineers experiments.

Someone with logic in this thread, thank fuck.

why cant people accept ambiguity?
look at this set, why cant they just let it as unanswered mysterious ancient alien spacecraft with millions years of history? is it because star wars?

man i look at this photo and yearn for what could have been. the original alien sets had such a feeling of mythology behind them.

Why can't people just enjoy movies?
Why can't they just let fun films be fun films and instead sperg out over muh lore? Is it because autism?

Yeah this old shithead constantly talk about some shit, but he don't show this moments in movie.

They had embraced the aesthetic life and were no longer concerned with technological pursuits

>no sign of life
Because the virus wiped it all out
They even acknowledged this "listen, its silent, no animal life"

I hope you're right

Giger's original concept was that everything here was dessicated, mummified. The ship, the "engineer" who was *growing* out of the chair. The whole thing was supposed to have once been entirely organic and one living bio-mechanical organism... that just happened to be a ship too.

Why are Alien fans so insufferable? Yes that otherwise shitty movie had one single good 5 minute scene like 30 years ago, and the rest was a slasher movie with garbage actors set in a facto- oh I mean in "space." Prometheus and Covenant introduce far more ambiguity, mystery, and intrigue than that one old scene, you fucking shit taste moron.

>fun films
Bill and Ted is fun, Blade runner is fun, Prometheus and Covenant are just retarded not because they're massively pretentious, but because they don't stick to their own in-universe mythology.
You can make the movie as dumb as you like but when even Dude, Where's my Car has a better understanding of its own mixed up setting and chronology you know you're in trouble.

That makes no sense, if it were one organism there would be no identifiable pilot at all, let alone one with humanoid features.

It was the late 70's, no concept of the *humanoid* engineers existed. Everything back then was just Giger's concepts brought to life. As far as anyone was concerned the face on the pilot was it's face, they changed it later to be a helmet. The original Alien set piece had no legs.

Why are hard sci-fiers so fucking stupid?

>alien organism
>lol that unrealistic

That's wrong though, it was always a suit.

>Why are hard sci-fiers so fucking stupid?

says the uneducated drooling inbred moron who thinks a "living organism" randomly grows a humanoid pilot for no reason other than to amaze human explorers in the future. It was clearly always a distinct pilot operating the ship, there's literally no chance the people who made Alien are as stupid as you are.

>INTERACTIONS BETWEEN THE ENGINEERS, DAVID, AND SHAW

THIS IS WHAT I WAS HYPED FOR AFTER SEEING THE LAST SCENE OF PROMETHEUS THIS IS WHAT I WAITED FOR THIS IS WHAT I WANTED

I CURSE EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT YOU WILL HAVE AGONIZING CANCEROUS SYPHILIS
I CURSE EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT YOU WILL HAVE AGONIZING CANCEROUS SYPHILIS

Are you really this brain damaged? Why would a living space ship have a pilot? That would be like the human body, instead of evolving legs, evolving a separate "fake" human body with legs to carry around the main human body. No one writing a big budget movie would ever write something that unbelievably incoherent or unintelligent into their story.

>actually caring about Alien past the first GOAT movie

>Are you guys just pretending to be retarded?
>These guys aren't engineers they don't even look the same or are the same size.
>They're just one of the engineers experiments.

I do hope you're right and it's addressed as being that in the follow up, but in all the concept art and "making of" shit for AC they do say it's the engineer homeworld.

How do your brain make that connection

>defends Prometheus
>"you fucking shit taste moron."

You need to seriously reasses your life.