John wick 3: selling out to Hollywood while walking the dog

John wick 3: selling out to Hollywood while walking the dog

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[CG muzzle flashes intensify]

[Extra henchmen holds gun like retard Lock 'N' Load]

is John Wick not already Hollywood as fuck?

stay mad

what?

what the fuck are you talking about cunt

Cool, I hope 3 is the last one though. Stuff like this usually turns to shit when they pull the " I worked for this super organization but now I'm on the run" plot out of the closet. Unless the story was based on that from the beginning I guess.

John wick 2 was shit.

John Wick is alright but it's not Scottkino

I can't remember the last time I liked a new action film. Was John Wick legitimately good, or just that horrible modern style of action where you just can't tell what's happening?

It was alright desu. The first one was better though. I wish stormare would've gotten more screentime. He would've made a better villain.

yeah the action is pretty monotone and boring. John Wick is a bit of a mary sue, watching him headshot everyone instantly gets boring fast. it's slick and everything but I didn't really get anything out of it which was a bummer as a fan of action movies.

Hand to hand was choppy as fuck,Gun fu was worse by a lot compared to the first one. I guess once the mystery of who wick was gone,and everyone meme him being a badass, the rumur could sell but the news was shit.

SPL 2 was great

yeah I respect Keanu for doing his own action scenes but he was pretty slow in the hand to hand scenes. Stahelski is cool but he needs to work with actual martial artists.

Agreed, I got bored after 15 minutes
Feels like they ran out of any decent ideas by the end of the first movie

Shit opinions, trashed.

>i like gunfu so much I think shit story is kino

I would watch John Wick 3 if it's about John Wick versus this guy played by Tom Cruise.

Let me guess your favorite tv show is Flash and movie is Avengers
Now fuck off back to 9gag underage fags

let me guess you havent seen any recent action movies outside john wick

>Flash
>Avengers
>Favourite movie and tv show
No user stop embarrassing yourself. Both john wicks were genuinely good action films. I'm not saying they're anything else than that. They were good action film which is very refreshing these days.

John Wick is good but it's pretty much capeshit. John Wick shooting endless waves of faceless goons without any effort is just as boring as The Avengers fighting waves of CGI

Vincent.

The redeeming factor of John Wick is basicly that you do see what is happening in the action, as there's a lot less cuts and more longer lasting action, due to keanu putting in the time. It's not Jackie Chan tier, but still, pretty long interrupted cuts.
First was more enjoyable but I think that was partially because it was a surprise. Two is more of the same. Which is fine.

Truth

>not realizing John Wick is just glorified gritty capeshit plus guns
damn you really showed them

>John Wick is good but it's pretty much capeshit

capeshit has no meaning if it ever did, stop using it to describe what is an action movie you stupid cunt. Would you call Die Hard 3 capeshit too? Stupid asshole.

Then fucking say that next time, you stupid cunt, rather than regurgitating out some nonsensical bullshit out of your mongoloid fucking mouth. Fuck off back to 9GAG you stupid faggot.

>regurgitating out some nonsensical bullshit

ironic

John Wick is literally a knock off Punisher expect is fails to develop the main character and any attempt at a plot forsaken for another action scene where a man shoots people in the head
Stop kidding yourself that its anything above your average capeshit

let me guess you have never seen a hong kong action movie and think the action scenes in netflix capeshit are good because muh long takes

This. John Wick is a good movie to waste time on. But if they ever decide to make another movie they should put in characters who can really put a sense of danger to the story.

The movie 1 & 2 was just a hitman curb stomping everyone. There were no real sense of danger. Adding Vincent to the series would be absolutely perfect with how the Organization is hunting him down. Plus i really like Tom Cruise as an actor, i don't really get why he gets hated :(

He didn't say it was literal capeshit, you stupid bitch. How the hell can you think of the stylized effect used for some lines and the ridiculous assassin guild plotline as anything other than kinda comic booky? Get these movies' dicks out of your mouth.

most of Sup Forums loves tom cruise, no worries

1 was fine intro into the world,and why he is back, but two was no world building, not character building. The world was a mystery entering two, but they just did some click bait scenes about the world,and made two seem like click bait.

strong projection from the immature paste eating inbred detected lmfao.

JW2 was completely uneccessary

It didn't fail to entertain me but it also felt like they were sucking John Wick's dick too much. Do they have to remind me that he's the coolest fucker alive, every five minutes and with some cringey dialogue?
And all those nods to Matrix just felt out of place. And fuck, absolutely FUCK, their shitty fucking subtitles.

Entertaining but lame. Will be waiting for the third movie and then hopefully forget about it all.

random blood contract no way out but your own death.No world building Pussy villain.

John Wick 3 focusing on John meeting an equal would be a great way to finish the trilogy. The previous two have been him styling on scrubs, so having him meet his match at the end would wrap it up well. Could even end it with them both killing each other.

That bodyguard guy put up a decent fight, plus it really was a war of attrition after he got shot and was bleeding to death.

There was a ton of worldbuilding in 2, almost too much in fact.

John Wick3d

> or just that horrible modern style of action where you just can't tell what's happening?

People like John Wick because it's the exact opposite of that.

Please enlighten us

The first one sucked and now they're going to make 7

Can't wait to see The Rock star as the villain and Kevin Hart to be the naive sidekick in the 5th instalment

First one was fine fag, problem is the second one did not exceed in anything.

What? Did you see the movie? The Council of different crime structures, the way those international bounties are being announced and catalogued, the different Continentals, the blood contract thing, the New York underground, the sheer amount of hitmen on the streets, it's all stuff that builds the world, builds on what the original movie revealed.

As long as they'll keep making them R-rated and competently shot, I don't mind it one bit.

>a white guy
prove it

At least the mute girl was waifu material

This is the final boss man.
>all the managers of the continental are all john wick tiers

Fucking hated that and no spent cartridges being ejected. I get you probably can't shoot blanks in a actors face but figure something practical to do instead. Someone post the Person of Interest webm of those two girls "firing" their guns.

>Ian Mcshane operating operationally

Fuck I'd pay good money for that.

Wouldnt work. The managers are too old to be a threat. What makes them dangerous is the power they have not the skills as an assassin

You say that but John is like 50.

they are only give the power based on the top institution, aka the council. They are given the leadership, due to their skill at taking car of assassins.

Itll turn out that Johns wife is alive

Yes but its still somewhat believable that he can do the things he does due to keeping in shape. Winston or Julius jumping around, kicking people in the chest and falling from a balcony? Not so much

>every person on the streets is a hitman

That felt pretty shitty. All those cell phones suddenly ringing and those dudes looking at Wick.
Film a mass of people and have one or two cell phones go off but a group of people check their phones, like it is in real life.
And then always have people randomly looking at Wick (because he's a mess by now) but one or two guys are more focused on him and grim looking.
Whatever. Just make the spectator look for himself, let him get on the edge of the seat by himself. It's way more fun.

Like this scene from Jackie Brown, where she leaves the money and starts running around the airport nervously.
I edged myself up trying to figure out what the fuck is happening and looking for suspicious people following the protag, which was very fun.
Tarantoola really wanted to fuck with you in this scene.

That's kind of how it should've been handled.

Exactly. So they are the governors of the assassin world. Not the muscle

And also his nemesis. Marrying John and faking her death was part of a plan to make him lose his edge before she could turn the screws. And it would've worked if some retard hadn't killed his dog.

John Wick is literally an anime character

>Hes the best assassin in the world
>everybody is scared of him and tells stories about how badass he is
>if anyone attacks him he'll use his gun-fu-jutsu to beat them
>takes on groups of assassins by himself with no weapons

Oh shiiiiiittt that would make me care.
>she was at the continental this whole time

describe the personality of 1 (one) character in john wick 2 without calling them quiet/gruff or bringing up their relation to john wick
>but its an action movie! plot doesnt matter!
name 1 (one) memorable action sequence besides the mediocre mirror sequence that didn't even use the mirrors cleverly

You misinterpreted it. John was paranoid, people had phones and he couldn't tell if they were hitmen or just regular civilians. He was freaking out a little because he was so exposed.

>anime
Not all abides have Mary dues

Sigh.......Everyone isnt a hitman.

All the people on the square were employees of the continental new york.

Most of he people sitting on the benches when john runs by isnt assassins. You can tell by how they arent looking at their phones they just look at a bloodied guy running by.

John just cant tell whos after him or not. Exactly like you said.

Kinda excited for the third. Wick is on the run, unlike first two movies. I hope only they cut down on too long action scenes were it becomes boring after few minutes. Also lets forget scilencer scene in subway and never make anything like that again.

>describe the personality
Hello-o-o reddit,

I not sure assassins would respect anyone else as a boss if they themselves was not skilled

The negro from Continental is polite, professional and respectful.

The close combat knife fight with the bodyguard in a subway car.

Hm, guess I remember it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out though.

>lmao John Wick is the shit man you must be a fag if you don't like action

This is John Wicks target demographic everyone

The fuck? So people doesnt respect bosses of the maffia because they dont cut people up like the lowly muscle do? Assassins arent dogs user. Power is more intimidating than violence

Well John is the best in the business
The 1% of the 1% of the 1%
And look up Jerry Miculek

John meets Hugo weaving as the final boss, and after surviving the fight, is given his own Continental to run.

his first guest is Agent 47, and his desk man is Carrie-Anne Moss.

>DOCTOR KREIGER, CALLING DOCTOR KREIGER WE HAVE A MILLION MEN AND ABOUT 45 WOMEN WITH TERMINAL CASES OF PRIAPRISM FROM THIS POST

youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

>John wick is the ultimate badass
>shitloads of people are willing to try to kill him

Are they all just idiots

what especially impressed you or made that scene memorable?

they thought he got soft and lost his edge.

I can't say the movie "impressed" me. It's a well made action movie.

What made the scene stand out is how different it is, I guess, instead of stylishly killing masses of henchmen it's a pretty brutal melee fight with an opponent of equal skill in a grimy setting.

Plus, I liked the relationship between characters. They're both professionals who deeply respect each other, but the job put them against each other, though it seems like for the bodyguard it was personal, like he was the dead lady's lover.

So it's a fight that is different from the rest of the movie in a neat way, and it's between sympathetic characters to boot. Pretty neat.

You think people in the mafia are just handed power due to blood or something? they all work their way up , if they cannot do bottom tier shit then how can you let them do higher moves. They all start as muscles,and the brains start to shine faggot

>post yfw it turns out Winston was John Wick's original mentor and the whole ending takes place in a field of flowers a la MGS3

The mute tomboy assassin was way more interesting than the giga nigga bodyguard. I wish their roles were swapped around so we could get more of her in John Wick 3.

not really, niche mute is the only thing interesting,and shit talking shit in hand language. She was a jobber

>Ruby Rose
>The most annoying voice in history
>They made her mute
>She died
Why even live

We didnt actually see her die, so I doubt she did

Reload Keano

She said (in Sign Language) "Be Seeing You"

So far everyone who said that in the movie died right after. Its like a term "I See you in my next life/hell"

I would do profane things to Ruby Rose desu

le shoot 50 people in the head in a row man

boring

>tfw no qt mute female bodyguard to keep you safe, not bother you with small talk and maybe provide some other services for a little extra gold coin

>stabbed in the aorta
>takes knife out
>not dead after wick said before taking it out means death

John wick 2 was just him doing a cool grapple move, then two spastics run on screen and then he headshots them both. It doesn't have any intensity or really anything behind the action sequences like the 1st one.

I get that they want to show off this cool little one-handed trick but why any competent shooter would check to make sure a round was actually chambered properly when he knows there are rounds in the mag and the slide stops all the way forward after cycling smoothly is beyond me

He looks like a fucking ewok there.

Because he literally punched a man with the gun last time he used it (like 2 minutes before)

>yel

Because sometimes the round fails to load at all and it's not his gun so it might belong to a slav who has never cleaned it.