Rank these franchises from best to worst

Rank these franchises from best to worst

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRzZ4q9I-1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=9UjNxFF9e9s
youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nightmare > Texas > Halloween > 13th

Nightmare and Texas is a toss up tho, Texas has better highs, but Nightmare is super consistently good.

I've only seen the original movie in all of them, but based on that:
Halloween > Nightmare > TCM >>>>>> Ft13

Nightmare > Halloween > TCM > 13th

Halloween or TCM 1 may either arguably be the best movies, whatever your sensibilities, but I like the whole dreamy atmosphere of the Nightmare movies, and there are easily much more good Nightmare movies than the others.

Special mention for Hellraiser I & II, which also have great imagery.

NOES > Friday > Halloween > TCM

Who's those guys with Freddy vs. Jason?

Which is better,

Dream Warriors or Dream Master?

Probably Dream Master for me. Just love the aesthetic of that one.

>

Even the plain bad Nightmare movies are funny bad, the series were surprisinly solid for a slasher.

Dream Master is my favorite in the series, I think it's where the series hit its prime in almost every regard, plus the soundtrack kicks ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=NRzZ4q9I-1Q

Dream Master had Alice. I loved Alice in that one. Too bad Dream Child made her a weakling.

I know it's cheesy, but her getting ready to kick Freddy's ass always gives me chills.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UjNxFF9e9s

Nightmare > Halloween > 13th > TCM

The first TCM is a masterpiece, but all the sequels sucked (yes even the 2nd one).

Nightmare's sequels are all solid at least until 4 and even then New Nightmare came out a few years later and that's good shit.

Franchises as in sequels?
Sequels are always a bad idea, I'll rank the original movies.

Halloween > Texas chainsaw massacre > Nightmare on elm street > Friday the 13th

Yeah, Alice is great. I like the blondie girl played by Patrica Arquette too.

And yeah, nothing wrong with getting chills by scenes like that. I love cheesy hyped up scenes like that. I live for those types of emotions honestly, lol.

No; each is unique in their own way.

TCM 2 is a masterpiece in its own right.
Dennis Hopper duel wields chainsaws and chainsaw fights Leatherface. That shit is just great.

>Dream Warriors

Actually, a meme monster movie like Nightmare on Elm Street doesn't really have like this serious integrity it needs to uphold, so there's nothing wrong with it getting weirder and weirder sequels.

And somehow it managed to probably be one of the best franchises, with possibly the highest number of good sequels ever. Perhaps because it's such a weird, dreamy premise so that made for actually interesting sequels.

What else would there be that can compete, high number of good sequels-wise? Rocky maybe?

Halloween 1 - 3 are overall the best movies but the sequels after that are really bad so I wouldn't rank it "overall" the best, even though the individual movies from it are the best

NOES 3 is really good, 1 is good but overrated

most of the Friday the 13th movies suck but the series is probably the most fun to watch. part 4 is the best.

TCM 1 is almost on par with Halloween and part 2 is great but the rest nah

13 and Sleepaway Camp are the best originals

Fast & the Furious has a lot of ... enjoyable sequels, one might argue, if you can get into the experience I guess and isn't bothered by "dumb" bro culture or car culture.

James Bond

Lots of good movies in that franchise.

Originals:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre > Nightmare on Elm Street > Halloween > Friday the 13th

Franchises:
Nightmare on Elm Street > Friday the 13th > Halloween > Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Yeah Friday the 13th is actually pretty cheap / trashy. It comes across more like just some low budget type monster-killer movie, like Maniac Cop or something, except it had a high-ish profile.

Maniac Cop btw has great atmosphere, really dug it.

Fuckin' A.

You're right, Nightmare is the one with the best sequels, movies like Halloween and TCM are the ones that should have remained without sequels.

>that one halloween sequels with webcams and busta rhymes pulling out karate moves on Micheal while saying "trick r treat, mutha fucka"
Early 2000s horror sequels were something special.

I hate that movie so fucking much.

Yeah. Halloween and TCM are actual masterpieces.

Nightmare, as much as I like it, is a sillier, funner animal, it's fine milking that property. But it seems wrong to taint the legacy of perfect movies like the Halloween / TCM. They were just so aesthetically perfect. I guess Nightmare was too, but in a sillier way that extended across the sequels.

Yeah, I still watch Halloween and TCM as standalone movies, I like how they end, you don't need to expand it into anything else.

Nightmare unlike Halloween and all the other franchises has a different kind of monster, Freddy, he's one of the main reasons if not the main reason for Nightmare's popularity.

>stan helsing>

TCM>13th>Halloween>NOES

nightmare = kino
13th = film
texas = movie
halloween = amateur flick project

Not this user but our lists are the same.

1. Nightmare on Elm Street
>amazing villain defeats each time (till the head chop)
>lot of changing of the rules to make the hero vs villain dynamic different
>1 and 3 are generally agreed to be good
2. Halloween
>most would consider 1 to be the best movie of ll four franchises (some competition from Texas and Nightmare)
>2 was a solid advancement and 3 was a completely different place to take it
>since then it ran in place and Michael got worse and worse
3. Texas
>1 was good and 2 was funny
4. 13th
>Good endings, some clever kills, some of the later ones could have a cozy vibe (4 mostly)
>way too many and they got way too shit (8-X)

>females weren't empowering in older cin-

Dream Warriors

youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw

But Dream Master is close and the last good NoES movie in my opinion.

Nightmare >Halloween >Friday >Texas M.