Shyamalaman is a hack!

Shyamalaman is a hack!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Shyamalaman is back!

ftfy

Split was unironically a good movie. Has Shamalamadingdong, dare I say it, unJUSTed himself?

McAvoy was amazing

So was Ayynya

It really was a fantastic movie and McAvoy is a great actor

Brilliant movie, the end was pretty good too.
would've definitely hit that qt3.14

hmmmm

>mfw erryone is a pedo in this movie

BASED PATRICIA
A
T
R
I
C
I
A

where is that autist that posts his shitty youtube review in every thread?

do you guys think we can expect a sequel or was that ending the last we will see?

Split wasn't amazing but was a solid film. It's a 6-7/10 film which was needed him to recover from his appalling drought of critically reviled films.

Why was she and the ocd one Beast worshipers again?

I don't think it was explained

Why were Dennis and Patricia both ocd? At first I thought the personality making the sandwich was different from Patricia because when she cut the sandwich and it was crooked she restarted. Was the ocd the linking factor between the two "evil" personalities?

wow thanks user for that boner

youtube.com/watch?v=W56p3AZEFPY
you rite

here you go

OP here. The movie was too much "on the nose". Shyamalan doesn't show us, he tells us what to think and what to feel. At one point the blonde girl goes "This is so scary right now."

All the tension in the movie comes from characters either standing and staring for too long or behaving irrationally. Shyamalan presents the characters with many ways out (Ayy whispering to the 9yo comes to mind) but the characters don't take it. Only when they are separated or when it is too late to act do the characters act. If the characters begin to fight at the moment we know is futile then there is no tension.

The juxtapositions of Ayy's childhood (the abusive uncle, shotgun and animals) with her being trapped, shotgun and zoo feels too much like "Directing!" and it is so in your face that it becomes annoying

Yes, Shymalaman is trying to draw parallels of the captivity of an abusive relationship, the powerlessness, the resignation (Ayy refusing to fight back) but it feels so overbearing that one wishes for a bit more subtlety.

He tries to weave these immensely complex mental issues into a capeshit movie that it feels amateurish. He wants us to take many things for granted and suspend our belief as well as take the movie seriously and pretend as if it is grounded in reality.

The beast's exposition at the end is completely unnecessary and stupid "You're broken, you are different, you are not like the others. You are special because you've been abused."

James McAvoy does give a great performance and it is not his fault Shymalaman is a hack who can't write for shit.

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

So now it is autism to discuss movies on the TV and movie board?

pretty much, yeah

Host dude (Kevin?)'s mom used to abuse him when he made a mess/didn't adhere to her standards, so the two evil personalities being OCD too likely stems from that. Doctor lady also says Dennis was OCD as a defence mechanism, and he's the personality that defends Kevin, and he says stuff to the effect of the Beast will make sure no-one abuses them or Kevin again.

Why was it such a big deal that he lives in a zoo?
Why keep it a mystery the entire movie?

So the nigger can be shown as the bad guy.

>someone calling for help
>haha cool prank doe

Having an actual critical point by point is autism now... OKAY.

I feel like this is probably my exact issues with the movie. McAvoy was amazing with his performance and the only redeeming part of the movie. Shamalam was constantly in your face with everything and gave no credit to the audience to figure anything out. All the characters acted completely irrationally and made no sense even in a relatively 'dumb' movie.

The whole getting powers somehow from being a split personality makes no sense what so ever.

Because the beast is like an animal and the zoo has animals in cages
So he lives there so the beast can stay caged.