Damn

damn...

It is fucking incredible how there are always new layers to find in this movie. I didn't like it at first personally but after a couple rewatches and analyses the film just gets better and better. It is such a rich and dense film, packed with tons of depth. We will still be uncovering hidden meanings and themes years after release. As much as I love the MCU, no film in the MCU comes even close to this. This film is honestly a masterpiece and although it is maligned now its reputation will grow in the future like many other masterpieces.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvc9_GDoWI4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_vs._Teen_Titans
screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-zack-snyder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i missed that in the movie. I havent rewatched it. Doing the same i did with watchmen, i will wait for the extended cut to form my complete opinion. I do believe Snyder needs someone to control him. I love long movies and hate 90 minute crap, but in the real world a blockbuster needs to be contained and i know the guy would be happier making 5 hour long movies.

My biggest complain is the aquaman escene, that stuff wasnt necessary.

Did MoS' reputation grow?

Well I guess when compared to BvS it did

>"this conversation set-up the following action scene" is considered deep
I don't think I've seen a case of fanboy Stockholm Syndrome this bad since...oh...Man of Steel. What a coincidence.

I dont see why Superman felt like he had to stop Abomination's fist from obliterating Lex. that dude almost got your earth mom killed.

No matter who you are, or what you've done, he'll save you.

That's what being superman is

Except for Zod

They will dig and dig at something till it seems deep to them, not realizing it's just an empty hole.

Because he's Superman.

So?

Too bad Snyder's Superman is barely Superman.

It's so dense, every single frame has so many things going on

Stick to quipshit

But everyone likes it when edgar wright does it.

Yeah, it truly is the perfect realisation of capekino.

what did lex even want to do with doomsday? just let it wreck shit and maybe fight superman? he really didn't seem to have a plan there.

> It is such a rich and dense film, packed with tons of depth.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvc9_GDoWI4

Bad pasing, confusing sequence of scenes and aweful timing, those were the main problems with the movie, all of them could be fixed in the editing room, and maybe the director's cut would give us a totally different movie, but the one we got is lacking, even with all that depth.

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

So did Lex like spend the entire morning before the Senate hearing filling that mason jar with piss? Was he just chugging water in the parking lot then waiting until he had to tinkle?

maybe it actually was peach tea?

well, whatever he thought, it worked. Superman died and so did doomsday.

>the film is honestly a masterpiece

I wouldn't go THAT far, but yeah I really enjoyed it and love the Hypercrisis-style interpretation shenanigans we unearthed with it.

Movie's got a lot of problems, but amidst the genuine criticisms, there was also a lot of complaints leveled its way that were undeserved.

So Doomsday is his daddy? I thought it was his son.

Lex Luthor has a long history of wreaking petty bullshit just to try and kill Superman.

This movie is utter garbage that's nothing but pandering images and references that general audience members do not understand. Just because it makes references to things that you love doesn't make it a good movie.

Tell that to zods neck

>We will still be uncovering hidden meanings and themes years after release. As much as I love the MCU, no film in the MCU comes even close to this.

Okay, it's one thing to love Man of Steel/Batman v Superman, but why is it that EVERY SINGLE TIME one of you defenders of those movies come out, you always have to trash talk the MCU in the process? Just judge it on its own merits for Christ's sake.

Because, bizarrely, the popular opinion is that the MCU is actually good.

Lex doesnt care as long as Superman dies. He then could start using HIS anti-k weapons and be both the guy that killed superman and the guy that saved the planet, he was already experimenting on metas

>whoopsie doodles lol

The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son.

He had to kill zod.

Think of it like pic related.

It worked in Shaun of the Dead as an entertaining easter egg (and hot fuzz), but in World's End it just seemed like an obligation that everybody got the first time through.

Yes, Doonsday was the manifestation of all the evil Lex saw in creation that he was holding Superman accountable for. Superman's self sacrifice in his battle against Doomsday was the act of him taking this evil upon himself for the sake of humanity

This is the guy that tried to frame superman for murder by having a bunch of guys shot up with proprietary bullets that can be traced back to him easily. He's not that bright.

It's slave mentality to levy guilt and shame upon others in the way that you do

well, everybody except brilliant journalist Lois Lane fell for it

He's Superman, he could lift the train

what you just said contradicts itself.

why not, its a series with a similar set up leaving it free for comparison.

>No matter who you are, or what you've done, he'll save you.
>No matter

I think that's a matter

missing the point mate

I believe you, and pretty much every person who has worked on Superman since, oh, let's say Roger Stern left the title, are missing the point of the character. Superman exist beyond those kind of quandries, those moral missteps and paradoxes that holds us back from being the best version of ourselves. So whenever someone writes a scene where Superman is forced to make a tough choice that will lead to failure, when someone dies on his watch or he's put into a no win situation, or when he dies, they forget that what made him enduring, what made him last for so many decades even in the most cynical times, was because he has the ability to save everyone.

No man can shoulder the responsibility to pick which train to save lives. But Kal-El is no man, he is Super Man

I am tired of people shitting on Jesse's Lex Luthor and Henry's Superman. They are slowly growing into their comic counterparts. And Bryan Cranston can still be cast as Lex Luthor sr. He is a unseen character who exists in the DCEU and even if it's flashbacks i'd still appreciate it.

I really like jesse's Lex, but he needs to talk slower. Lex has always been a changing character. Henry is a perfect superman, most people is just mad that they are focusing on superman failing and being affected by bad stuff instead of just the light side of the character, what we are seeing is the same stuff that pushed superman away from earth in stuff like kingdom come, and yet he still overcome that, is a superman that suffers a lot and feels terrible that he cant do more, that while is being hated by a lot of people he still refuses to quit or slow down.
I do want more happy moments, but seen the eight of the world on superman shoulders is a nice thing

In the original script they were going to send the Kryptonians into the phantom zone... which Nolan liked. It was Zach who engineered the neck snap sequence.

thats honestly very well put. I do really like the DCEU Supes, and this is really one of the only arguments ive seen with actual thought and knowledge on what they're actually saying.

So i disagree but gg mate.

>It was Zach who engineered the neck snap sequence.

It was Goyer. Snyder only backed Goyer up.

>because he has the ability to save everyone.
But he doesnt. He hasnt had that hability for the last 40 years

Superman wasn't blamed for the murders but the resulting state ordered massacre following his intervention.

Snyder is fine, they just gave him the wrong hero to work on.

He could make a great Question movie

Because it's an extra later-realization chuckle in a comedy.

BvS was not supposed to be a comedy.

Clark killing Zod is a pretty good thing, it's the best reason he could have to not kill anyone again.

He is a troll.

Because there's been an effort to downplay his abilities in order to match the tone of his superhero contemporaries stories, yes I know. It's why crying or dead Superman is the lasting image of him for the past few decades

>you need to kill someone before you realize killing is bad

I wish there were an extended cut of "Man of Steel". That would be great.

But yeah, I almost feel as if Snyder knew he was working within a universe and decided not to make MoS a one-and-done kind of story, but rather Part One in an overall narrative. Which is to say, he didn't make MoS the DCEU's "Iron Man".

>You have to kill someone to know killing is bad

>implying Death isn't the greatest teacher for the fragility of life

He knows is bad, he doesnt want to kill, he begs zod to stop countless times. And then Zod commits suicide by cop.

He couldn't have learned that by accidentally stepping on a snail?

Pretentious garbage. It's like something a childish film student would make.

Superman has killed aliens, a version of zod, and darkseid in the comics, why is so bad that rookie superman gets forced by zod to do something like that?
new52 superman killed in the last issue.

>this guy again
c'mon man give up already

Reminder that superman killed in the donner movies.

Except for the room full of people that was vaporized.

And imperiex and brainiac, and dr light (but he doesnt really count).

Superman's never shied away from making the life or death call.

When he faces a threat that he can't stop, he will kill it.

The reason he doesn't kill Luthor is because he can beat him up and put him in Jail.

There is no way he could safely stop Zod

>That's what being superman is
No. That's not at all what superman is. He will try his hardest and protect life.

>literally copying Marvel's abomination

I sat behind Dan Jurgens at the premiere of the Teen Titans movie at Wondercon, and the whole time he talked about how much he got paid for this movie. At one point he mimicked a cash register's "cha-ching"

They could have used it to motivate superman to be a better hero since his parents obviously didn't raise him in that mind set, but it seemed to me superman wasn't really affected by killing zod outside of the scene itself.

MoS2 could've been great. Have Clark actually show remorse for what he did, killing zod and all the destruction, not just mopey because the world is upset with what he did. A new vigilante group arises inspired by superman, but their dangerous and lethal methods show Superman the kind of hero he does not want to be. He beats them and gives a speech, essentially becoming this superman . Call it Superman: Truth and Justice or something.

They could've even put batman in The Eilte's spot if you still want him in the movie, the key is to have superman react to his own actions, not reacting to how the world responds to his actions

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.

you mean the teen titans animated tokyo movie? or was there another i hadnt heard of

A beautiful artistic reference....turned into a meme by people too unintelligent to get it

Sums up the movie

Not really, "There's always a way" is Supes "Power and responsibility".

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_vs._Teen_Titans

People still defending this piece of shit?

screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-zack-snyder/

and he makes no bones about having never been (and not being now) a fan of the original comics:

“[Snyder] met me for, yes, something else. And I wasn’t really interested in it. But his enthusiasm about the movie and his description of the movie sounded really interesting. … When they sent me the script they asked me to play the part I play in the movie and it was such a wonderfully drawn character.”

“I’m so unfamiliar with anything surrounding it because I didn’t grow up reading the comics or watching these movies. I read a little bit out of interest, but it was meaningless.”

and this is why people dont like superman, they can't comprehend how he can be good. this is why BvS under-performed, bc people are too cynical.

Snyder Superman movies are going to become cult classics over the next few decades. Just you wait.

oh shit yea i totally forgot

Why do people feel the need to make images like this?

This is exactly the sort of faux-DEEPness people are talking about and the Snyder fanbase continues to indulge in it

BvS is already a cult classic

>This is exactly the sort of faux-DEEPness

How is using symbols to expand the information about a character and to explore his motivations "faux".

Cult classics are not things that are still in theaters

Every time someone mentions this movie and hypercrisis in the same context, Grant Morrison and Alan Moore team up to kill a waifu.

Please think of the universe groaning under the weight of two wizards teaming up.

>I read a little bit out of interest, but it was meaningless.
What did he mean by this?

he said this? really?

Yeah. It's pretty crazy how people will cling onto pure shit.

>the creator of Booster Gold wouldn't shut up about a huge payday

>I don't get it so it must be bad

I fucking loved it. And I'm not one of the people who say "it had some bad aspects but overall I liked it". No, I just like everything from it. Happy to see I'm not the only one.

honestly all this has done is made me respect Eisenberg.

Or
>I don't get it but it's not my thing so I won't bother

Whilst a lot of what you said. It also holds true that this was a terribly put together movie. Scenes didn't flow, Superman had a very weak motivation for fighting Batman and the editing left a lot to be desired.

I really hope the ultimate edition fixes many of these issues because I think there is perhaps the best CBM hidden in BvS (honestly).

For what it's worth I have not seen Iron Man (any) or Civil War

Agreed. He could've been like so many other actors and just lie how he's always been a comic book fan but he didn't and I appreciate that.

By this movie do you mean BvS or TTvJL?

She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks.

Lois Lane.

"ugh... Can't these people just, like, stop screaming?"