Deadpool

how did this shit movie make so much money?

Because it was good

>how did this shit movie make so much money?

memes

For the same reasons Suicide Squad made so much money
Appealing to the 'edgy' teens market

Because the average person thinks it's funny. I enjoyed watching it for the most part

I turned it off after 30 minutes when I realized it wanted me to laugh at the poopy words and people dying.

meme marketing

it made fun of itself, made fun of the capeflick in general, and best of all Ryan Reynolds redeemed himself from green lantern.

people like watching a reception arc.

Because it's not a "shit" movie.

A literal meme movie. I don't think there has been a big budget superhero movie yet that is as full of memery as this. That's pretty much what Deadpool is. Le wacky meme man. Put that in the modern age and you have success.

Guardians of Galaxy comes close. In fact, its whole value seems to be its reflection of nostalgia culture.

Your post is full of memes and you're posting in a meme website.

CHIMIFUCKINGCHANGAS

It certainly has the potential to be a different capeshit, but its plot is perhaps even shallower than average MCU film

I still can't believe I'm in the timeline that a guardians of the galaxy movie was made. I must be in a coma with fever dreams that it also was my favorite movie in the last few years. I swear if I'm not in some stimulation bullshit then Disney has to have some serious deep black voodoo magic going on.

as soon as the title popped I had a huge smile on my face that never went away.

>I must be in a coma with fever dreams that it also was my favorite movie in the last few years.
Maybe you just suffer from chronic IQ shortage?

maybe that is part of the black magic over at Disney. or maybe it is because the dc movies have been so fucking horrible.

if you told me a decade ago they were going to make a Batman v superman movie I would have been hyped as allllll fuck.

if you told me there would be a gotg I would have laughed, in your fucking face. if you told me I'd live goto over bvs.... I duno I would really doubt your sanity. maybe kick your knee in.

This is just like my Japanese animes

I don't disagree with your sentiments but christ, your fucking typing. Lurk for a couple more years please

MLP:FiM Season 1 tier ending. Jesus Fucking Christ.

It was okay. Just seeing the trailers I felt like I saw the movie. Everything not in them was meh.

>knowing the ending to MLP:FiM

It tried to look different without actually being any different.

phone posting on the shitter, try and stop me.

I really think it is that I'm so pissed about the dc movies. everything the mouse touches isn't gold or anything, I didn't like the new star wars movies. I could give two shits about the Inhumans movie, or black panther or I guess captain marvel... but shit they did so good with gotg that... no still don't care. maybe captain marvel.

Batman v Superman was a much better movie than Guardians of the Galaxy. And I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty alright.

>Watching trailers
That's your own fault.

And it made money because it was really funny, you one-dimensional contrarians.

Edge factor. People think puting adult situations in a children's movie makes it mature.

Because they actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

I was surprised to find that Ryan Memolds actyually had box office pull still.

I can't agree with you, bvs was so shit. it wasn't fun, it wasn't dark, it wasn't interesting and it wasn't inspiring. at least gotg went for one note and nailed it, bvs was just noise. it had one cool fight scene going for it.

I can accept that they won't be like the comics, gotg is nothing like it's comics, but holy moley bvs was a disappointing, long and boring mess. I thought man of steel was okay, minus the casting for loos.

I think it is also a personal thing, I grew up on the animated series of justice league and must have been spoiled. I want to be hyped for justice leauge. I really wanted to be until I watched the ragnorak trailer. maybe it is like when your mom really wanted you to get your shit together she wouldn't say she was angry, but just disappointed. dc movies are disappointing, there hasn't been a good one.

literally this senpai

>Your'e Mortal! How?

Wow its like poetry, it rhymes...because he was only HALF mortal. wow.....

Agreed

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

It's funny when the man swears or they make sex jokes.

Remember when he let the girlfriend peg him for International Women's Day lmao

I'm just not seeing what's so bad about BvS. It had problems but it was still miles above every other movie in the genre since Dark Knight and at least until Logan. It actually had subtext and explored interesting themes and took risks and shit.

Marvel movies are good fun but they mostly feel like a kid playing with action figures.

yeah marvel is more one note kids movies. but like I said they hit that note pretty well. I've watched both versions of bvs and still a resounding meh. disappointment.

aquameme is what will make justice league watchable. there is a joke there somewhere.

but this movie was trash compared to th ecomics

It was good.

>If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings

kek

They should have gotten Dane Cook instead of Ryan Reynolds. Reynolds doesn't have the legit self loathing that made Deadpool a believable anti-hero.

I probably would've enjoyed this film when I was 13

>being this mad

No you wouldn't have because it was R rated

That's fair enough. I don't dislike Marvel movies or anything. I just grew bored with them around the time either the first Guardians or Iron Man 3 came out. Whichever was the more recent one. They've been nothing if not consistent ant that's pretty respectable.

But, again, BvS just kinda resonated with me thematically and stylistically though I absolutely get why a lot of people don't feel that way. I just kinda think the whole "super hero movies as silly but earnest action comedies" was perfected with Spiderman 2 and everything that came afterwards never managed to capture that sense of fun and wonder.

Because reddit-dwelling autistis think they're quirky and unique, so the jews over at (((Marvel))) studios in (((Hollywood))) created a quirky little movie that fedora-tipping faggots and normies thought was unique and interesting.
It's more of a testament to business practices than film.

lol

>If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican

well partly I wasn't super into the gotg comics, and I'm okay with changing shit for film constraints etc. there were a few sour notes from it, too campy and leddity, but his was one giant poop. The casting, the plot, fucking lex... it would be equally as difficult for me to tell you what I didn't like about marvel flicks as what I did like about bvs.

Normies' shite tasts combined with chinks' shite taste = over a bilion dollars in sales.

no you didn't you fucking tool.

Fuck off yes I did.

>reception arc

I think it's easier to have a successful marketing campaign if the hero can break the 4th wall.

>lurk more to type like us
Joining a hivemind is never a good thing, sperg

always a relevant tweet

These are real people who really typed this
Process that

I'm like 90% sure this is from every gotg2 thread

I'm having a harded time processing that real """"adult"""" people enjoyed deadpool

They handwaved away this ending in the sequel, by implying his celestial ancestry is what allowed him to use the stone.

>implying

No that was outright stated user

both work. he's only half celestial so it makes sense he's able to wield the stone with help from friends. also that scene is before he learned the ways of the celestial force or whatever.

Didn't it have like no budget?

How can someone be half immortal? Isn't that like Schroeder's Cat?

No, just fucking no. If you believe this, you are a exactly part of the reason why literal trash such as Deadpool didn't bomb.

It simply does not manage to be self-ironic whatsoever. It just tries to appear that way, but in reality, it's so absorbed by its premise to be new and different, on top of all the capeshit out there, that was actually the exact opposite: It's not aware of it's own absurdity, it just pretends to be. The fact is that it's yet another capeshit movie with a monstrous budget ( 60 fucking million you fucking idiot)
, carefully produced with exactly the target audience in mind that fell for it. There is nothing edgy or underdog about it, it's the same shit as the latest Avenger movie, but probably even less aware of what it is.

;_;

>it's a buttblasted Snyderkek episode

I thought it was legitimately funny at times and that it had some really nice fight choreography

It isn't high art but its not "complete garbage" either

then you just watched a schwartzenegger movie ... which did the same

Deadpool is a trendy meme character people suddenly love. I don't recall anyone but actual comic books fans even knowing of his existence 10 years ago. Same with Guardians of the Galaxy. But now that Hollywood has made a movie on it everyone loves it.

I'm getting sick of capeshit, especially Marvel capeshit.

Does GOTG/GOTG2 prove that we can make a live action DBZ or any Manga movie? It's pretty clear that CGI tech has advanced enough that we can do it justice and Hollywood seems to have run out of Ideas. I still don't understand why the Japanese haven't used current CGI techniques to make a high budget live action?

$60 mil is nothing in the world of big studio capeshit.

Basically the same thing with Iron Man. He's now pretty household, on a par with Spiderman, almost, but I remember when only pathetic shut-ins like me cared.

Because nobody gives a shit about live action anything in Japan and Anime is generally at a whole different level of silliness. No matter how much CGI you use, it would look fucking ridiculous.

Because people liked it and it had a good word-of-mouth. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about that.

It still perfectly qualifies as big budget. It's just absurd having the character in the movie complain about the supposed cheapness of the movie, when there's really no reason to assume that. Actually, looking at the CGI in the movie, it's perfectly on par with everything else on the capeshit landscape. It's just a farce, no substance.

fpbp

You could have said thing for Dr Strange 10 years ago. In 10 years, CGI techniques would improve even more.
And you don't have to have every absurd scene the movie.
I'd prefer if they adapted older manga first tho, if Manga studios do end up going the Marvel route and selling their intellectual property to Sony.

>shitty
It's good fun
Truly a movie you can power down the neurons and enjoy

Nope, still don't see that working at all. And I don't think you get it, but it's not up to CGI. No matter how amazing the CGI is, it would still be silly, the whole setting is just silly. It's not the kind of stuff that works at all in a live action movie.

Marketing
Normies ate it up

It's the most generic superhero film I have ever seen, the fact that there's blood and the quips are edgier than usual doesn't make it special

>but bruh, it's a self aware parody of capeshit!

That would've been fine, if it was actually funny

a friend of mine, who was presumably drunk when he saw it, recommended it to me, and after I saw it, I recommended it to several more people, excluding the part that I was drunk for it, who all reported back that they enjoyed it. I'm not sure if they drank too, but they probably did, because my social circle is full of self-destructive types like that.

so probably alcohol is why.

That post reeks of reddit

5/10 for me. I'm too intelligent to fall for the forced comedy.

you should spend less time on reddit

>be pleasantly entertained by a fun flick
>get called a normie
Not everybody wants to watch Truffaut all day.

I swear Sup Forums is full of snobs who dislike things just because they're successful

Go watch some euro trash, faggots

Most Sup Forums posters think they're patrician because of their superior film taste. However, due to the fact that they shitpost about capeshit here and just post here in general says otherwise.

I was forced to live in a shitty hotel for a couple months due to family astrangement and drug problems. During that time I had absolutely nothing to do except watch tv. I watched Deadpool because fuck it, why not. I have to say it just wasnt good. It tries to be self-aware and ironic but isnt. It tries to be witty and comedic but isnt. It tries to be gory and violent and full of action but its just not all that exciting. I hate to say it but this is a reddit movie if ever there was one

Nice opinion you got there

Deadpool became popular when he appeared in some Spiderman games. No joke.

what are you even doing on the film board?

HAHA HE SAID A RUDE WORD

To laugh at autists having fits over Star Wars and superhero movies. And to enjoy the discussion of some shows and movies that sometimes occurs.

everyone is fucking stupid but me. capeshit sucks you are not special for not liking capeshit

there is actual discussion about serious movies going on, no matter how hard you try to ignore it. being a pleb is fine, no need to also be a triggered, insecure pleb!

Looks like I hit a nerve.