Turn 30

>turn 30
>realize people by age range are making series like Stranger Things
>while I'm stuck here discussing it with you underage chumps

Fuck.

>be 29
>realize that film making isn't my profession, and I have a career in another field but I enjoy films and tv and discussing them

Oh noo

the show sucks desu

why dont you like it user

If I don't have 80s nostalgia and hate child actors, is there's a point to watch this

The trope subversion.
>lazy cop turns out to be inquisitive and ballsy
>asshole jock turns out to be valorous

Why watch television in the first place? It's just cheaper looking film stretched to 10x the runtime.

>turn 30
>realize people my age range are watching series like Stranger Things
>meanwhile i'm on a diet consisting exclusively of kino

>be 32
>realize people of my age are nostalgic about an era they barely knew
>at least I'm not a hipster fagget

>be 24
>realize the people I went to school with have careers now
>realize some of the people I went to school with have had kids with their loved ones, broke up with them some years after, and now are single fathers and mothers
>got pulled over by a cop the other week for cutting through a gas station parking lot instead of waiting at the light, the cop that pulled me over was a guy my age, we went to the same school, I vaguely remember seeing him
>a good friend of mine that was socially awkward and shy like me for his childhood and into his late teens is now a social butterfly that works out, has a group of friends, and regularly has a new girlfriend
>I'm still alone, shy, awkward, socially awkward, don't even have a visa, barely have any work experience, realizing I've lived 1/3 of my life and don't have any fond memories or stories to show off

>be 24
>realize when my dad was my age, he had 2 kids, a marriage, a house in his name with a solid piece of land, a high paying job, a boat, and a group of friends
>be 24
>my brother when he was my age had already been a amateur
motorcycle champion, had been boxing for 5 years and had 3 boxing fights under his belt
>I still have yet to work up the courage to join BJJ

Not that guy, however:

The story is weak and I don't care about the characters. They never evoke sympathy or an emotional connection. The "crazy mother tries to communicate with her dead child" is not only a badly used cliche but a bad cliche in itself. The child actors don't work for me either because their dialogue is distinctly mature. They're just reading text generated by adults, rather than a more authentic form of speech by children. I'm ignoring the 80's nostalgia ploy and comparisons to E.T.

The whole thing ripped off Tales From the Loop.

>be 31
>have a PhD
>work in a company closely related to kinematographie
>get private screenings before official release
>stay reasonably fit
>still have enough time to banepost on Sup Forums for an hour every day
Life's ok, I guess.

How about, instead of complaining about it you do some actual introspection and work towards bettering yourself.

Faggot.

This is my reasoning. Just a bunch of filler with shit CGI.

What's the PhD for?
I have a few film companies interested in me and all I have a BA in psychology. They just like seeing a degree was earned.

Computer Science.

>be 25 next month
>teacher, making good money- enough for my needs at least
>bought a new condo with the gf of 8 years
>going to the gym more, health is better
>post on Sup Forums to have a few keks every day

I'd like to see my life as balanced and not that stressful

22 year old here. How do I escape this fate?

don't major in liberal arts

There are so many opportunities for you if you just set your mind to something.
Like, pick a goal and stick to it. Hopefully that goal gets you money along the way, but if not, at least you'll be happy. I think.

>be 18
>depressed because Im suddenly so old tired and demotivated
>already past my peak
>opportunities closing every day

is this what growing up is like?

It's because you've realized you're now an adult and haven't accomplished jack shit.

Nah. It's normal.

Also, your """"peak"""" is in your 20s. You'll be fine.

Actually sounds like you've got a pretty good life there user.

question to all of you:

who are you trying to impress?

I mean, it's not like anyone cares about who you are or what you're doing, regardless of how "successful" or "unsuccessful" your life is.

>tfw 18 and post with a bunch of a 30 yearolds

i bet you guys are the blacked posters

>Be 18
>Since mid teens have wanted nothing more than to be a filmmaker
>Never been good at making friends
>Fall in love for first time
>Get heart broken
>Go through a summer of feeling weary and hurt
>Start to feel the pressure of being an adult
>Realise adulthood won't be easy and I have to put work in to make things better
>Invest time in reading philosophy to gain a better outlook on life
>Work out and get /fit/
>Have a cool new group of friends from my new high school
>Make first short film with them that actually gets seen through to the end
>Will be leaving high school soon to go to college
>Will see less of my friends
>Anxious that new college will be filled with a bunch of pseud professors and sperg students
>Still never had a gf
>Still never been kissed

Life is kind of a mixed bag for me atm but I know that I'm only 18 and shit still has time too change so not too down about it.

Most people here dont leave the house. Not even for food

>24
>Play video games until sunrise and funpost during the day
>Only worked two jobs which only lasted a month each
>Won a small lottery and live off the money I saved and investments I made
>Mom still complains I don't have a job
Can't win them all but I'm living the dream

>cutting through a gas station parking lot instead of waiting at the light

That's one of the biggest asshole moves you could pull as a driver, right up there with going under the speed limit in the left lane and not moving over purely out of stubbornness.

you have to leave

Do you mean you have film companies courting you or have you just applied to some and gotten offers? For what position(s)? I have a liberal arts degree and am on the precipice of 30 without having started a career that is a) fulfilling and b) earns a living wage.

It wasn't always like that. I just turned my life around when I turned 25 and realized I was going nowhere very fast.

>be 26 with
>no degree
>never worked once in my lifetime
>virgin
>kissless
>all my friends have jobs and degrees
>most of them have or have had gf in the past
>I'm the less acomplished person I know

you forgot
>neet living in your parents basement

I am you but at 30

>muh nostalgia

It's literallly a medley of 80s cliche, all done a little worse than any movie they reference. The writing is bland, the story drags so it can fill out a full series, the characters are the most overused tropes in film history. Even the build up to the infamous demogorgon is a let down. If you cut out the useless drama and unfunny dialog thrown in between what they consider a plot, you're left with about 2 1/2 hours of a shitty movie.

Tl;dr shitty Netflix show striking gold with middle aged normie sjw losers

Just wait until you hit 40.

>my friends
Lucky you

>cutting through a gas station parking lot instead of waiting at the light
What's wrong with doing that?

Are you me?

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

good to see you watched the show her son wasnt dead

stranger things is shit tho

bu-but i'm not underage, i-i'm 23
get fucked, grandpa

>is yet to go to college
Confidence is the most important skill in life. If you ever find yourself in college in a situation where you need to act, but are unsure in yourself, just think: 'what would a confident version of me do here. Right now, what would a confident person do.'
And then just do it. Even if it ends up being a disaster, you will have 'exercised' your confidence, and it will grow, and you will start naturally acting like the person you want to be.

cause my family would be devastated
fuck sereously?

>be over 18
>realize I'll give kisses to MBB

Man, everything is wrong with that. It makes you an asshole. It implies that for whatever reason your time is more valuable than the people in front of you waiting at the same light, and it's not. Also, you're cutting through a privately owned lot -- if everybody just cut through the lot instead of waiting at the light, it would be a shitshow for that gas station. It's a parking lot, not a road.

This is me exactly.

Meant to say never

committing suicide

:(
her lips are so pretty too

fuck off dan

kill yourself pedofag

>implying you DON'T want to give kisses to MBB

Where do you think you are?

sage

No one likes that disgusting crack whore
Kill yourself

also checked

That's a weird way of saying beautiful
If anyone from the cast is full on retarded it's the kid with the deformed face

>implying we don't all love MBB

Fine Art graduate here, user. Pro-tip: if your career is fine arts, literature, film or photography, chances are 90% of your peers are pretentious douchebags or sperg students. Do not let that get the best of you. Befriend the 10% left that are ok. Concentrate in getting better. If, while people are commenting your work, some douchebag says that you are a talentless hack or something along those lines (even if that douchebag is the professor himself), do NOT sperg back. Politely ask him why he thinks that. It's still feedback.

In my time as an art student, the one thing that I learned is that the "rock star" students that get away with great art careers and a great life in general are the ones that kept it cool throughout and were always asking for feedback, even when the only response they got back was "you are shit lel XD".

Now this is an actual talented cute kid, not some disgusting crack whore who looks like a 40 year old

>you will NEVER kiss Eleven on the lips and tell her everything will be alright
;_;

You're the only one stopping yourself from making shows, you dumb cunt. But anyway is this show worth watching? It looks like some sort of retro themed garbage but still?

Is life even worth living?

As for the love thing, don't worry too much about it. Someone will come. The only true advice I can give you about it is: DO NOT DATE A GRILL FROM YOUR CLASSROOM. Don't shit where you eat. Preferably, date someone from a different major. I've seen the most alfa chads get utterly destroyed because they went on to date someone from their class.

>being gay for some insufferable autistic mongoloid
I should have expected this

Now I have Im Afraid Of Americans stuck in my head.

18 here i have a lot of really good friends, none of those friends are female, has to get better, no other way

Millie Bobby Brown is the insufferable autistic mongoloid.
It's hilarious that her career is the first one to die out of the whole cast despite how hard the jews shilled her.

Stop comparing your lives to the ones of those around you and start doing whatever it is you want to do. If money or time is a problem think of how you can improve your situation and do it and stop bitching, it's a bigger knife in your back then you realise. Also am I the only one who hopes MBB doesn't become another feminist cunt a la Emma Watson?

Unlike millie Finn can actually act

Finn's an angel compared to that balding tranny

By forcing yourself to leave your comfort zone. Making yourself feel "comfy" should be at the very bottom of your list of priorities if you ever want to move forward in life

She's in the next godzilla

Being retarded doesn't count as acting

This

THIS IS NOW A DUBS THREAD

MBB is already more annoying than Emma Watson, that kid has the most punchable face

Finn confrimed for dubs god?

Millie is a Hilary support and shilled for refugees, it's sad to see a kid this young is already been brainwashed as lefty's tool

>samefagging this hard

>all this samefagging damage control
You must be really insecure when someone insults your gayfu

no

>tfw you make it

This is now a spiderman thread

>get called out a pedo
>s-s-ssamge fag!!
Kill yourself before you get jailed for being a disgusting pedo

>implying girls and women have actual political convictions and don't do it for career advancement or to look more fuckable

I have done this when it's a 2 lane highway, and the lane dedicated to right turns has some stupid asshole with his left blinker on because he is in the wrong lane holding up traffic.

>permavirgin triggered by pictures of an actress from a tv show being posted on Sup Forums - television and film

the sad thing is the thread will be deleted instead of the spam

I understand pedos, but why would anyone pedo for some 40 year old looking thing as disgusting as this?