Why did this piece of cinema bomb...

Why did this piece of cinema bomb? It's one of the best psychological horrors I've ever seen and my favourite kino in years.

My teeth falling out, fucked up water and German hospitals are my biggest fears

Maybe people are getting tired of vampires?

is it any good?

first trailer looked fantastic, second one meh, and last one was pure shit.

I didn't even realize it was released. So I guess it was the bad marketing.

The trailers explained nothing. I had no idea what to expect upon starting the movie. This hurt sales Im sure. Best I can describe it is: Shutter Island meets Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I watched like five min in a theater waiting for Batman Lego movie to start. I actually liked what I saw, not Paul dano going into the room with the floating dead people. My friend hated it though.

It was enjoyable, definitely worth watching, especially if you enjoy gothic horror

Why is there so much artsy ((indie)) horror recently? It's got Dano so ima watch it but the moment it starts smelling like an a24 freeze-dried product, i am walking out.

Pic related is the least pretentious, competently wrought indiehor/indiescifi that came out this decade

Why main character and patients were "happy" after being pumped full of eels?

The first act was really good, and then it went to shit.

I really admired that shot and got my hopes up. However the movie disintegrated during the second half, switching from suspense horror to full body horror including the obligatory disfigured end boss. Come on.

Still enjoyable enough though.

This is very accurate. They tried to do a reverse shutter island in the third act and it came across as comical and silly.

Great builtup, terrible reveal...

That premise is really making me think

monsters wasn't that good though. great worldbuilding and visuals but the lame dialogue ruined it for me. end scene with the two aliens fucking(?) was kino though...

Jesus Christ stay away from this movie.
At half length you may think "nah, that's too obvious and there is still so much time to the end" and then receive some bitter surprise. .

>2,5 hrs long
>can guess everything after 10 mins
>muh asylum
>muh eels
>muh evil staff
>retarded characters

it doesnt offer anything interesting
I guess the people who are amazed by "It follows" and similar garbage might find it good

You have an absurd amount of shit taste if you really think that

the first half is nothing but pure kino shots like OP pic, second half is directionless repetitive nonesense, but then it has a balls to the wall twist that almost redeems it... almost

Because it's not capeshit which is all the brain-dead masses want to watch. Can't wait for the industry to finally colllapse.

the plot is on the level of thor though