Bought my first pair of headphones and gonna watch this tonight for the first time

Bought my first pair of headphones and gonna watch this tonight for the first time.
What am I in for?

reddit in stereo

Snickers bar on the floor.

Visceral. Stunning. Amazing.

Must-see movie of our generations

Fans love it. Critics love it.

Critics are calling it the top movie of the year

If you've ever played an instrument you're going to think it's one of the best films ever made

A festival of cringe.

I actually play drums and this movie is so trite and patronizing I couldn't enjoy it.

is my dick an instrument
it makes farting noises sometimes

disappointment

>headphones for movies
>not a proper surround sound system
I'm sure this shit is bait, it can't be anything else.

maybe because im fucking poor?
i got 40$ speakers and 100$ headphones
and open headphones can be the same as surround sound system cant they

>not watching movies with $400 active amplified, noise cancelling headphones with comfy padding

Jesus christ, it's almost as if you hate yourself user

cringe

A movie named after a Metallica song

>>>/ribbit/

black swan for men

Honestly it's really bad. I think I was supposed to "feel something" because awww look he twies so hawd and wow look how tough this teacher is wow so shout much strict

It's shit.

>what am I in for

2+ hours of wondering how the old guy went so long without getting his teeth punched down his throat

kino, ignore reddit.

Headphones can't compete with the sense of space and localization, even with surround virtualization software. If you get a decent receiver from a thrift store (because people constantly toss them there), 2 pairs of Micca MB42X + MB42X-C for the center (hunt on eBay for the regular MB42 and buy the crossover upgrade direct from Micca) and a sub (depends on your room size in terms of which model) you can easily put together a serviceable 5.1 system for under $200.

>not watching movies in the audio format in which they were intended to be viewed
Lemme guess, do you also watch movies on your PC monitor at your desk while browsing other shit online?

Kino for teenagers

I guess you could call them...kinagers?

Ba-dum tishhh

K I N O
I
N
O

more like black swan but not as good

if you ever played an instrument you're gonna think "wow, this is a lot of dramatic bullshit for highschool level jazz"

shit movie/10

Ok if this isnt good give me a movie with good sound/music to watch with my new headphones

Jet Li's Hero
Interstellar
Malibu's Most Wanted

t. bitter failures

>kino
>ignore reddit
but kino is reddit.
What are you talking about?

it's actually true, desu no musical genius ever got there by not being geniuses in the first place. Heifetz was known to be as good when he was older as when he was 12. Menuhin was goat when he was a kid and mediocre when he got older. No amount of blood dripping practice and unresolved parental issues is gonna change that. But then again, I play the violin, can't really speak for the drums.

Oh but both Heifetz and Menuhin had unresolved daddy issues, maybe that is a prerequisite after all.

JK Simmons and some guy

even naturally talented people need to push themselves if they want to get anywhere with that talent. Every one of the greats had to be dedicated in improving themselves even if they had a gift for it. There are plenty of examples of legendary musicians who weren't obvious child prodigies and only got to their station through dedication and improvement.

It's interesting how when this was unknown and one of the least seen Oscar nominations Sup Forums loved it, and now that it's developed a reputation as good film Sup Forums hates it. A bit of a pattern here.

I literally play music for a living lamo

nice one though busrider, keep watching shit movies

/mtv/ kino

Really? What bands are you in? Or what albums are you featured on?

poorly mixed music

out-of-sync audio+video

obviously overdubbed tracks

also a decent script

the playing was obviously recorded at a studio so it is out of sync with the video and it's a cringeworthy experience for any musician

Coltrane practised 8 hours a day. Any real great musician would know practice is crucial to getting the best out of yourself even when you're a natural.

I play drums for Bruno Mars since 2013

Session bassist around Atlanta and a few other big towns in the south

A noisy headache, audiophiles stay away

So you wouldn't mind telling us your name and some proofs if you play for such a prolific musical act would you?

so are you on any notable albums?

Honestly, a compently made movie but with really shallow characters which for some people are saved by "intense " performances, but for me personally the movie became stale as it went on instead of escalating in it's themes and character development. Still the culmination in the end was satisfying at least.

>my first pair of headphones
you must be 18 to post here kid

im 20
by headphones i mean real ones not earpods that phone comes with

This movie would have been average at best if it starred anyone but JK Simmons, he elevated it into greatness. The ending was great too.

The movie is full of jazz music, and jazz fucking sucks so get ready to be annoyed.

Great movie though.

I wonder if OP was really looking for a conversation about sound systems, but weirdly camouflaged it

not really talking about it would make want to buy more and I cant afford that
im happy with my ath m40x for now

>the playing was obviously recorded at a studio
You mean like every music ever on a movie? Here's another shocker for you: some dialogue, if not all is also redubbed in a studio.

OH MY GOD bet your world is shattered.

i'm sure they're good. I recently bought a used Bose Quietcomfort 35, and they are awesome. Never really cared much for technology, especially sound. That's the least important aspect of a movie. I did buy a shitty plasma 60" though, and the image is burnt now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you don't need to practice to be a great. I'm just saying practicing till your fingers bleed and you enter some sort of catatonic state that renders you a danger to yourself is a bit overdramatic and trite, which is what the people who got called bitter failures were saying. But it's a film, and films tend to be overdramatic.

And I agree totally, that doesn't make the movie's over-dramatization any less unenjoyable though. And saying practice makes a great musician is also rather trite, which was what the people who got called bitter failures were saying.

Fletcher is the only likable character. the kid is /r9k/ incarnate with drummer powers.

Honestly if you just want music you shouldn't listen to film music, most are pleasant at best. You should listen to Bach or Webern. But if you really want a visual thing to look at you could watch Koyaanisqatsi.

pure, unadulterated KINO.

Even talented musicians have pushed themselves till they risk bodily harm. The movie dramatizes that aspect to visually show the devotion being put into his technical improvement. The general point of the movie was to show the struggle and perseverance of the individual driven by ambition, in opposition to the general tone of playing it safe and coasting on mediocrity. It's obviously not a new idea but it's inspiring and is a truly good idea to believe in. Dismissing as trite does come off as bitter and jaded

>no musical genius ever got there by not being geniuses in the first place.

actually it's been scientificaly proven that all you need to be a virtuoso is 10 000 hours of practice, so you can fuck off with your mystical 'musical genius'.

>the playing was obviously recorded at a studio

no shit, Sherlock, and here's another spoiler: Sylvester Stallone has never actually killed anyone, these people that die on screen ? That's fake blood.

I know, I know, hard to believe, right?