What'd you think of this movie

what'd you think of this movie

>Villain's plan is to racemix as much as possible to destroy the universe.
Redpilled af

I really enjoyed the action, it was some of the best in marvel history in fact, but I felt like they forgot how to write Chris Pratt's character. In the first movie he was sassy and had an attitude but in this one his only quality was "muh mom is dead."

I enjoyed it. It was better than the first

The characters are still really entertaining but this movie didn't feel as much of an "adventure" as the first one which was disappointing. They kinda just stuck around in one planet the whole time

Except for Groot scenes, which were tedious and overlong, it was fine. Good even. Like Iron Man 1

Pretty shit imo with some good bits

Was it just me or did Pratt's acting seem off in a lot of scenes?

I got back from seeing it a 2nd time, earlier. It's actually a very intelligent film, at least, as "intelligent" as certain posters on this board claim Batman vs. Superman is. There are obvious parallels between Ego and the Greek god (Titan) Kronos, but also a Father, Son & Holy Ghost Christian aspect to it as well, with Ego's human Avatar as a space Jesus perpetrating a mono-culture across the Galaxy. Fairly subtle anti-religious themes that emphasise interpersonal forgiveness and relationships as being more important than the Divine.

Pretty boring waste of money...TWS was the last Marvel movie i liked.

Im a comic fan so thats my bias, but it was great and rarely do I walk out of a movie loving every little thing about it. I know the criticisms people level against it and I know sometimes people dont think every joke is funny, but I literally love every detail about this movie. And I feel I will like it more on repeated viewings unlike the first that I like less and less because of the weak plot.

Maybe? At the same time Ego is still just a campy character from the 60s.

Definitely more substantial than the last one, or pretty much every Marvel movie that came before it.

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

>inb4 "this is reddit... this is memes..."

Pretty much the same as the first movie, some fun action moments, great music and visuals but another boring forgettable villain.

I enjoyed it/10 but im not looking forward to the only good part of the MCU being ruined by teaming up with all the other shit.

Agreed

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

This.

One team was stuck on a ship while the others were hanging out on a planet.
Kind of preferred the whole team travelling through space together.

was the leak you watched good quality?

Not a chance. Such a low quality flick is deserving only of a low quality rip.

Why cant DC make great films like GOTG2?

That is autistic

I liked the first one, but this one was total shit

>barely any plot
>some good character development, but that's really all it was (and it was mostly came with the characters literally sitting down doing nothing)
>they built up the typical blue guy (Rooker) as the "he's your father, but not your daddy like me" cliche, but I really never got the sense that blue guy even cared for Starlord at all
>soundtrack was weaker than the first one
>jokes were worse than the first one
>an overload on cgi and flashy colors
>why did Kurt Russell tell Starlord he killed his mom? He had Starlord practically eating out of his hand.
>in the final epic battle vs his evil dad, Starlord make a PacMan figure to fight him (ugh)

But the chick with the antennae was so fucking hot.

Pretty good. I can't say that it's better than the first, but I can't say it's worse, either. Just...different. Which isn't the worst thing you can say about a sequel.

It felt like they tried a little too hard to push the kitschy GOTG vibe during the closing credits, but I guess that's part of its charm. The risk is that if they keep trying to one-up themselves, they'll shift into Joel Schumacher territory by the third or fourth one.

Lastly, the GOTG franchise is easily my favorite of the Marvel stable so far, and I say that as someone who grew up reading the Marvel "basics". I think it's because Gunn is allowed a longer leash on being original and creative because GOTG was basically an unknown backwater and nobody really had any preconceived notions or expectations of what it had to be. And less pressure to do the whole "universe-building" crap (other than Thanos) which ties one arm behind your back when you're primarily concerned with telling a good story vs. setting up the next sequel/"phase"/whatever.

I liked it. good action scenes overall, but I liked the theme of family (blood vs water) that the movie had.

It had the potential to give as a new kino villain in Ego but they turned him into a forgettable "I want to take over the galaxy" bad guy and the plot has little going for it and feels like i've seen it somewhere else (Futurama anyone?) but the character interactions where rather nice: Drax and Mantis were comfy af, Nebula and Gamora were somewhat weak in the resolution to their story but Rocket and Yondu were the golded standard. I'm dissapointed that for a movie about Star-Lord reuniting with his dad he got pushed to the sidelines with very little to actually do

Rips when?

I liked it a lot. By now i don't want the Guardians to cross over with the Avengers. Let Gunn do his thing!

samefagging combo pasta

Agreed with the Yondu/Peter relationship not being well fleshed out. They didn't really play with that in the first one and they spent the entire movie separated so for them to mmet at the end and go "I've always cared about you, boy" only to die moments later felt kinda cheap. I liked his funeral scene because they fleshed him out as a person really well with Rocket but not as a father figure to Quill

I love both his movies, but at the end of the day its capeshit and that kind of thing is inherent. Its like when youre reading a comic then out of nowhere its an event tie in and ruins the story.

This

any decent quality out yet