X

I really like this series.

Beginning in Earth and less so the sequels but I think this series showcases the best you can expect with a shared Universe and does it better and all the way crazy more than any other comic series to come out.

Something this wild of scope is also something that only gets done when a company is in a rut and throwing everything that can stick against the wall, and Mainstream Big Two comics in the late 90s after the crash were totally in that mode.

So over some time we are going to read it, won't you come along.

We begin with

Jim Kreuger and the impossibly good John Paul Leon on art.

This is Earth X

Its funny I don't really subscribe to the Marvel vs. DC stuff because good comics can come from anywhere.

But this and its counterpart to me represent some honest truths about the methods of both companies and a reason why gun to my head I would go Marvel.

>John Paul Leon

He's godlike, that's all

This book is also part of the reason I fall cold on Nextwave, Machine Man isn't a jokey humor character to me at all.

This series is also fertile ground for the Modern Marvel Universe to strip mine for ideas.

Whats its counter part? Kingdom Come? They share a lot of the same themes

It is Kingdom Come because this was largely produced as a Marvel version of it after that had been a success.

I don't see a lot of similarities at all personally outside Ross' involvement.

Hickman did a bit, what with making it canon that there's a celestial in the earth, and making Viper turn into an equivalent of the Madam Hydra in this. I think he also may have taken some of the characterization of Black Bolt from this.

JPL is so so so goddamn good on this.

Eh, the Norman McKay hanging out with Spectre us sort of like Robot Man hanging out with Watcher. I guess that, and the Alex Ross cover are really the only two things they have in common

There has been a lot more too, all the recent Inhumans stuff is small scale version of what happens in this book.

There are others that I can't think of right now.

They use the hanging out characters for vastly different purposes.

And KC to me never escapes the persecution complex and blame it wants to have for non DC books.

Also the entirety of the T-Bomb plotpoint from Infinity/inhumanity is from here as well.

isnt this that thing where everything in the future is just horrible and weird and reed richards invents heaven and puts everyone in it and shit?

Nope

Not Reed the other stuff kind of but it gets MESSY

The way this series is goes is deeply weird and one of the strangest things these two companies have published as a 'future'

or whoever, tony? someone. is it that thing? where hulk has split into a blind kid and a mute hulk that carries him?

Black Bolt noble sacrifice when?

There is a Heaven later on yeah.

Oh yeah, Bucky was still dead.

That last bit is such a perfect read on Captain America.

This book is so full of those little perfect reads on characters.

1999 a lot is different.

Earth X is totally fucking crazy, but I think it actually does a good job of explaining the overall Marvel universe.
Like with the Celestials and the Inhumans and all that crap.
Like why Earth is such a clusterfuck of powers and abilities

A year of two ago during Infinity.

Come on Steve, it's not like you aren't already Hydra.

May as well put these at the end of each chapter instead of all bunched up at the end.

pssh. dropped.

>not liking president Trumpborn

Why can't he be both, like Deadpool?