Ultimate Marvel Interlude: Supreme Power Storytime

Ultimate Marvel Interlude: Supreme Power Storytime

>What's being storytimed?

The Squadron Supreme is a fictional superhero team that appears in publications under the mature-audience MAX imprint by Marvel Comics. The team first appears in Supreme Power #1 (Jan. 2003) and was created by writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Gary Frank. The series Supreme Power features the rebooted version of the superhero team Squadron Supreme and is set on Earth-31916

>Why are you doing this?

Because I thought it would be fun to pause Ultimates before Ultimate Power to see what was going on on the other side of the crossover.

>Why this order?

Unlike Ultimate Marvel I'm able to start at the beginning here and do it in the correct order.

>Where can I catch up?

Right here pastebin.com/NfBDHt1X

Supreme Power

I'm warning everyone now, this issue ends on a cliffhanger that is never resolved. You can kind of piece together the ending through dialogue in the series that follow it, but it's never actually revealed.

When you get there then, how about spoiler it and spell it out for us. That way we're all on the same page.

After this Readers were sent the new issue of Moon Knight. Presumably the Squadron won and saved the world

After reading everything so far I understand why Marvel killed everyone off and replaced them with watered down versions. This universe doesn't fit their politically correct SJW agenda even though it's not only more "politically correct" by facing the challenges of racism on every angle, sexism on both sides, and the dangers and corruption of the government. It asked big questions and gave big answers, some of them you don't actually want to hear, but they needed to be asked and answered.

And now for something completely different.

I honestly don't remember if this is good or not. I know the volume after Ultimate Power is atrocious.

Was there a particular reason why the left it off there?

THIS It's a damn shame really. I also feel like it was a fuck you to JMS

It's written by Uncle Guggy so I have low expectations

Cancelled due to low sales iirc. Marvel wanted more money so they moved it away from the MAX line and readers started dropping fast. They would have made more had they kept it at MAX. I also think Marvel had it in for JMS, but that's for another time. JMS's last Supreme Power story in Ultimate Power.

Same. Not really feeling this art either.

Bump

Thanks

I'm kinda liking how Guggy is writing Nighthawk