It's simple

It's simple.

Mike Stoklasa has become the very thing he once ridiculed. Look at the Avatar review for instance; he spends 90 minutes going on about Cameron's blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator, marveling (no pun intended) at Cameron's proficiency for manipulating the audience to make them feel how he wants them to feel, how he wants them to think.

Fast forward a couple of years later. Jurassic World is released -- its heavily established to be a soft reboot operating on the hype of faux-nostalgia and Pratt's recent Guardians of the Galaxy success.

Mike loves it. Hits all the right buttons. Really gets his inner manchild going. He basically reveres the film to Jay Bauman's utter disgust.

This is the first sign of Stoklasa's downfall, his immediate descent into the anti-thesis of Mr. Plinkett. He's become lazy, brainwashed, unwittingly indoctrinated into the modern Hollywood machine sculpted by the likes of Disney executives.

It's October 2015. Disney gets in touch with Red Letter Media. They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films, all the while consistently spewing a casual commitment to every Marvel film that is released. Mike and his goons are heavily compensated for this, successfully turning the likes of the internet's pseuds into DDs (Disney Dudes).

The real enemy isn't Collider, or Loot Crate boxes.

It's Mike Stoklasa.

Why did they sell out so hard? Is it really impossible to go against Disney in the age of social media?

Why won't he lose weight? I miss 2011 mike

OP you fucking broke the code man find a safe place to hide before they get you

idk why they review capeshit at all, I think they can't help themselves because they know the videos get shit loads of views

I mean the Nerd Crew stuff seems to be legitimate criticism of fanboyism and Disney/Marvel crap and shilling. I don't think the irony is self-deprecating, I think they legitimately want self proclaimed nerds to demand more from triple A titles

>If I wanted to think, I'd watch the news
Damn, really made me hate BvS. Thanks RLM for that insightful review!

>They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films
This is so damn obivous

>idk why they review capeshit at all, I think they can't help themselves because they know the videos get shit loads of views

>WHY ARE THEY REVIEWING MOVIES THAT EVERYBODY HAS SEEN

it is a mystery

Youtube is for teenagers and if you are not a teenager and still obsess over youtube personalities then you need to grow the fuck up and stop being a fucking retard and wasting your life on the dumbest shit ever conceived of by the human race

This is exactly why we don't get Mr. Plinkett anymore except the halfassed TFA one that was tonally all over the place.

or maybe it's because literally the only people that don't like TFA are all on this board

yeah that's what I just said... I'm saying from a creative standpoint, it seems unfulfilling. watch and listen to them review something like Her and compare the enthusiasm to a capeshit review.

I mean, come on

>"Iron Man 9: Bride of Iron Man gets a B, if you want a big budget action movie you will enjoy it"
>point out plot holes and cliches
>throw in a few puns about the actors and their careers/personal lives
>the CGI was good
rinse and repeat.

Why do losers obsess over e-celebrities?

Well, Mike can either be a hero to a bunch of random people who will watch and like his stuff but never send him any money, or he can sell out and actually put some real money in the bank. I don't know whether he sold out or not, but if he did, I'm guessing that's the reason.

>sometimes artists need to make things that are unfulfilling to put food on the table

how tragic

Your problem shouldnt be with RLM them, it should be with youtube viewers who dont click on their non-blockbuster videos

The prequels were always mixed, they contained good things and bad things. We can all agree to that. But what RLM did and what is so dangerous to the entire medium really is that they narrowed Star Wars down to strictly what the OT is and then proceeded to butcher the prequels for not being that. It basically painted the prequels as inherently broken, inherently wrong and inherently bad. This is simply false when considering the fanbase reception as there were clearly a ton of things that went right with the prequels and made a rightful place in the SW universe.

When RLM complains that TPM doesn't have a clear protagonist, he does so on the basis that ANH had one. But why must TPM have one protagonist? Why must we narrow down Star Wars to the ANH template? Funny enough Disney ended up following this route of the OT template and ended up failing miserably. Whereas Lucas took Star Wars, purposely went out of his way to create something new and original.

See, this is the issue with saying the RLM reviews. It in many ways reflect the most disgusting part of modern Internet culture, where what is different and new is treated with distaste and what is in line with expectations is praised to high heavens, even if all those praises will mean nothing as everyone will have forgotten the film the week after.

Your reply makes no sense wtf

So were they being self outs when they shit all over Rogue One?

Huh? No. The RLM prequel reviews didn't criticize the prequels for going outside of the OT frame. They criticized the prequels - completely correctly - for being poorly made movies, movies with bad writing, bad acting, just bad craft overall.

The prequels are fucking terrible in every way, bro.