Isn't this pandering?

isn't this pandering?

Other urls found in this thread:

cuccadesign.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seeing as Marcy's VA is half-black, not really

negros happen sometimes, I see no problem with it.
I think it's really hard to say either way, it's not like Marceline's mom being black is something the fans had been chomping at the bit for or something.

i see the writers doing it because they wanted to equally as valid, maybe more valid than, them doing it because the fans are the kind of people who might be into that.

Yes Sugar herself is white. Why didn't they get a person of color to be her mom's VA instead?

pandering to my dick more like.

>Any depiction of non-white characters is pandering

Because Sugar's voice served well enough and she was responsible for lots of Marceline's character, so casting her as the characters mom is sort of appropriate.

it is now

>marcelines voice is the black girl from love actually
Whatthefuck

>implying OP is talking about all black characters
>tripfag

There is nothing inherently wrong with pandering

it is when it's pandering against what Sup Forums likes.

yes. but canonically it's not weird. demon skin is dominant, black is recessive.

if Sugar had anything to do with it, it makes sense. she loves casting rainbow people.

It's only pandering if we see black vampires later in the show. By having Marcy's mom be black and her and her dad be solid white/grey, they've established that all vampires now will always have grey skin regardless of other parental genes. The instant that breaks, it'll bring up the question, "So why isn't Marcy mix?" which means they just did it for +SJW points.

Of course, every black characters are forced anyway.

Stuff on the screen are a white thing and for white people.

I never saw Marceline as white anyway. Have they not earned the right to have nonwhite characters by making one of the titular characters a blond haired, blue eyed white kid?

How about depictions of pandas?

you mean, half demons. marcy wasn't born a vampire, her skin comes from demon genes. there will never be any other half demons in the to disprove anything,

in the show, I mean

You're barely trying, Carlos.

>earned the right

Wait, aren't the creators white?
I thought that white people never earned things and that everything was just handed to them?

>The story of black characters on animation.
>Blackfaces cartoons and parodies for making fun of.
>Forced HB shit with no soul for integration.
>Cliché blaxploitation characters.
>Retarded action characters
>Gangsta shit saying nigger and being ghetto
>Capeshit characters made only by black people
>Capeshit characters originally white
>Comical characters parodying ghetto behavior with Wayans brother tier humor
>Black nerds for trying hard to prove they are not all social and outgoing like in reality

They are all forced or stereotypes.

Thinking of non-whites, I think they have two Asians, maybe two or three Hispanics, and a good mix of voice actors.

So maybe? Most of the main people are white.

No one actually has to earn the right, but that's the kind of tit-for-tat mindset people who care about this have.

Yes it's fucking pandering. I was rewatching the show and Marceline's mom was a Demon.

PB had a portrait of her grandma and her as a kid. This isn't the first time some writer wants to change shit in the name of Tumblr

So it's new writers retconning shit for a shit reason, like when they changed Finn's dad into a dirtbag

What was Finn's dad before? Was he hyped up to be a hero? I don't remember anything pertaining to his dad before his reveal.

Where is this from?

but her dad has medium blue skin. for her to end up with such pale blue skin to the point it looks like ash gray, logically her mom should have been utterly chalk white.. but whatever
so really even this didn't make sense. but it's easy enough to say that's just a picture of a stepmom of hers. or an aunt or something

PB probably MADE a grandma. or something else budded off of the mothergum, which is where i assume gumbald came from.

There was a storyboard tgat had to be cut on an episode, showing his dad as a hero that got encarcered by mistake by the Guardians and sent to the crystal cidadel.

they didnt say anything really, but it's weird that billy would tell finn his dad's on some ultraprison planet in another dimension if he actually deserved to be there. he said it in a way like 'and yknow, he shouldnt be there, you should go free him' kinda.

oh wait. that was the lich
nyoh my god

I don't see what you mean.

that storyboard violated tons of other canon too though, like finn not being aware he was adopted, even though he told his adoption story in like the 5th episode. so you shouldnt consider that storyboard in any way 'their original idea'

>Character that's literally in the show from around 1/8th of an episode of the hundreds of episode there are out there

A reminder that she had sex with the their world's devil. Would ya'll rather have a white woman as a replacement in that scenario?

I know it's a picture for ants, but I can't find anyone results online. I forget which episode too, but you can clearly tell that's Abadeer, Marceline, and her mom

A comic called "Pandamonia."

Creator's deviantart: cuccadesign.deviantart.com/

>Now

Been this way for about 400 years m8. Only thing that changed was the words we use. We say feminist/sjw instead of nigger-lover and "liberal media" these days.

>pandandering

Wasn't it Sky Mufasa Billy who said that? Lich Billy had already been exposed by then and was catatonic, I think.

They're just idiots and gave little Marcy the same vampire skin tone as adult Marcy. Shouldn't be. But from this mistake we must conclude that her light gray skin is a demon thing even though daddy is more bluish. and I guess it's dominant over human blackness.

I have no idea why the half-demon layer was necessary but at the beginning of the show she was just a regular old vampire.

>implying the lich can't appear in the sky

that arc was so goddamn retarded, why not add more tweests.

Nah it's different now.

The final idea was better, he was a pretty entertaining deadbeat douche. If only he'd mattered at all. Still don't get the point of any of that.

In usual AT fashion it was to give the illusion of a change in status quo without changing anything at all.

Why waste effort trying to fool people like that? What's so scary about actually changing the status quo in a FICTIONAL CARTOON. Nothing is real, so why not do whatever you want.

It's comforting to believe the network disapproved of the missing-arm-newfound-father arc and forced the writers to cut it short.

> Marcy's VA is black
> Marcy sings with an R&B inflection
> plays bass
> got a fresh weave every episode
> entirely unrealistic she could be black in any capacity because she's likeable and not a stereotype
This is worse than the "Garnet Not Modeled After Black Girls" maymay, even though it was popular to call her the nigger gem before she became a fan favorite.

It's not, you're just aware of it now.

If anything, "Fin" is the character who panders. Writing a basic character for your audience to relate with? Better make him white and male.

Not saying anybody's a bad person or shouldn't be represented. To the contrary, I think everybody should be represented. But if one type of person is being over-represented in all media, that's a much more legitimate sign of pandering, rather than the speculation of fans belonging to a very bigoted image board.

Ever since her dad was introduced and was a demon they just worked with that. Her dad wasn't a vamp and I don't think vampire-ness goes through the genes.

>jews
>white

It's wrong by definition.

>you're not allowed to put somebody who isn't white in your cartoon otherwise it hurts my feelings and i'm going to cry on Sup Forums about how the existence of people who aren't white is pandering to tumblr

Pandering or not her mom is hot no?

no, its a shitty character design no matter the skin color, so may as well make it the color of shit.

It's all about that one picture from an early episode

Who gives a shit? It's a terrible show for an already large number of reasons.

Because it's a voice. No one can see Sugar's skin color.

Fuck you I like the show and I'm killing my self when it ends

The race of Marceline's human side was never obvious and never mattered, so people thought maybe her mom was shoved in there to prove that Marcy's hidden humanness is nonwhite and thereby win some sj points.

in any case, all flashback scenes from the distant past are shit and have never belonged in AT.

It is on Sup Forums. This place isn't any better than Tumblr, it's just the opposite extreme is all.

>so people thought maybe her mom was shoved in there to prove that Marcy's hidden humanness is nonwhite and thereby win some sj points.

Well that's because some people are paranoid.

you could pull the episode on vlc and take a snap shot.

>Hispanic
>race

Fuck your politically correct common core indoctrination.

>implying Demokkkrats weren't responsible for slavery, segregation, and lynchings

They still heavily emphasize and divide people by race. Planned Parenthood was founded by the Klan as a means of controlling the black population. They still keep blacks ignorant and dependent just as they were on the plantations, and they viciously attack black conservatives and Republicans with every racist slur there is. The liberal media does promote lies, political agendas, and false narratives. SJWs are what they are because they're pretentious hypocrites who really don't give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves and only claim to be so "caring and open minded" because of pseudo intellectual arrogance and bitterness that makes them think they're entitled to talk down to and insult the intelligence of others. Look at every city, state, and country run by liberals. These places are buried in debt, poverty, unemployment, social unrest, crime, failing schools, and corruption. These people and their policies don't create; they destroy.

shut up

Makes me want to give marceline a sister and a daughter

Man Sup Forums sure has a lot of alt-righters these days

This is the most active a non-Talkback Adventure Time has been for a while.

Name one thing in all of media that could be considered not pandering to anyone in some form.

I honestly don't believe it's possible. Everything panders to someone, somehow, I think.

If it makes my waifu pure then yes.

Ikr if the left hadn't had gone full retard the right would not exist as it does now.

>one side became extremist so i'm going to go full retard and become an extremist on the other side

i dont understand

Sup Forums is contrary an by default. Now that the Left has peaked, Sup Forums swings Right.

My only problem is that despite being part black, marceline has a smaller ass than princess bubblegum. (But axelrosered fanart suggests itherwise) Other than that she's perfect waifu
> inb4 shut up spoon fag

Sup Forums is Sup Forums the sequel. Thats why.

Huh.

I forget how the stigma of acting in animation has really broken down over the years.

I remember thinking about Clancy Brown playing a major and repeat role in SpongeBob being a massive weird deal. Now it just seems normal.

>Finn is pandering
I fucking wish my husbino would be more popular solely because he's an aryan male. They won't even make him hotter even though his VA is like 21 now.

the tao of triggered keeps on turning