Can you pinpoint the exact episode where a show started to decline?

Can you pinpoint the exact episode where a show started to decline?

the real life part of the one where Spongebob is scared of the outdoors

I think everyone will agree with me

The exact moment for Spongebob was when I was watching a commercial for the Smart Patrick episode and realizing Spongebob's design was different. Backtrack that to the look and feel of the movie. I know a lot of people say the movie is the definitive ending to the show but a lot about it rubs me the wrong way.

As for "Not as good", I'd say All That Glitters
As for "Really bad"? I'd say SpongeHenge

What so bad about that episode

Selling out, though it and other season 4 episodes were still halfway decent

Pic unrelated? You know this episode was on VHS way before it actually aired. The real answer, though not an episode, was the movie. If not that then anything from season 4 really.

Nigga that episode was great.

"We're Waiting", which aired after the KTA, was the first episode I began to notice I didn't like it much.

Pretty much the start of season 4.
Yes, Fear of a krabby patty was great but you knew something was different at that point.
The last few episodes of season 3 on the other hand were still pure.

I'm gonna be a bit of a contrarian and say towards the end of season 3. Think about it, do you really even like "The Sponge Who Could Fly" other than the Patchy bit? how many times do you see "Party Pooper Pants" or "Ugh" on people's top 10's? try re-watching the first movie now, it's flawed in a lot of areas and it suffers from trying to drag out a usually 11-22 minute episode into a full movie.

I feel like people say season 4 because they just lump the season 3 episodes that weren't as good as the classics together and remember the movie too fondly to look at it critically and not nostalgically.

have you people got nothing better to do than be negative about cartoons all day?

That's part of the last pair of episodes of season 3, so that doesn't really do it an injustice.

>Sup Forums

I'd say some time after the movie. Some newer episodes like the Handsome Squidward were good. But what I want to know is:
Who was in the Gorilla Suit?

Hi enter.

I think you clicked on the wrong board friend

New banner when?

I don't think the show was ever good. But then, I didn't grow up with it so I don't have that nostalgia bias.

Hi contrarian.

The first three seasons have gotten better with age in my opinion.

For American Dad it was that episode about Francine cheating on Stan and them going back to the 80's to find the guy so they could get Haley a kidney transplant
episode one of season 7 I think
It ends very memorably on Roger dancing around the guy tied to a chair, holding a saw, getting ready to take it out without anesthesia

Spongehenge was fucking weird, man

Sounds about right

The half-hour specials have all generally been bad.

I liked Party Pooper Pants, but only because of how rarely it airs compared to all the other half-hour specials. I can count how many times I've seen it on TV.

Shanghaied was alright but for some reason they trimmed future airings down to 11 minutes and the Patchy bits have all been butchered to hell. I don't think they've aired the 22 minute episode once after the debut.