I know that everybody has his own opinion on movies and every opinion is of course accepted...

I know that everybody has his own opinion on movies and every opinion is of course accepted. But it has become a sport to shit on every single movie out there. Everyday a new fucking bad movie is released (Baywatch, xXx, Baby Boss, Power Rangers). But sometimes a decent movie tries to save the day a little bit, and one of those movies is Alien Covenant. This movie wasnt perfect at all, but it was a decent, it was good, it wasnt a cheap flick like those other ones Hollywood is shitting out everyday.

I watched this movie today and in my opinion it was a decent 8/10. We have to stop shitting on every single movie just because it's fun. We think we're some experts on everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kN7Vub46uL4&t=741s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gee whiz another CRITIC who is disconnected with all the fans who are LOVING #Baywatch

On it's own, yeah, it's fun to watch. Nice atmosphere, good music, pretty creepy xenos, and I could get behind the "deranged robot"-thing.
The cast tended to act rather unprofessionally for trained experts, but the emotions behind their reckless actions were for the most part understandable enough.

However, as a sequel to Prometheus and an addition to the lore of Alien, it was a letdown. It's hard to ignore those things.

Motherfucker you have to judge a movie based on its own grounds. Prometheus at least had the merit of not using Alien in the title. So when it was different and a little bit shitty you could at least say "well hey, it's not calling itself Alien so maybe it wasn't trying to hold itself to that standard" but with Alien covenant that title is right there in your face. And just like A3 and AR you see that title and hope beyond hope that this movie is gonna bring you as much entertainment and enjoyment as the first two in the franchise. Alien Covenant is trash. I shouldn't have to perform mental gymnastics or read a fucking novel to justify half the shit the characters do in that movie. I should have a protagonist that J learn to like, not one who's boyfriend dies in the first 2 minutes after which I'm forced to watch this bitch who hasn't uttered a line of dialogue cry and reminisce while Ridley Scott holds a fucking gun to my head and tells me I should feel sorry for her. Stop lowering your fucking standards. Movie was shit. I like the flute seen tho.

>nigga thinks that boss baby is garbage

Dude, if you think Covenant is 8/10, what do you think is 9/10? 10/10? Can you give us a short list of what you think are the greatest movies you've ever seen?

Alien: Covenant had so much wasted potential. Instead of doubling down on Prometheus they went full pleb. Last time I pay for a movie ticket tbqh.

Yeah, you're right. I know this. But it's not fair that this movie is getting such bad critics when it's decent. Compared to the trash released this year this movie is fucking great.

This is what I meant when I say don't lower your standards. Judge a movie on how well it achieves whatever it is it's trying do or say. Not by what movies come out around it dude.

Of course. My Top 10:

1. Shutter Island 10/10
2. Inglorious Basterds 10/10
3. The Godfather 10/10
4. Drive 9/10
5. Black Swan 9/10
6. Alien 9/10
7. The Truman Show 9/10
8. Blade Runner 9/10
9. Arrival 9/10
10. Spirited Away 9/10

Why is the original Alien only 1 point above Covenant?

>2. Inglorious Basterds 10/10

That's kinda hot.

>it was a decent 8/10
Ok shut the fuck up. That goes against everything else you said. I would give the fucking original Alien an 8, which is not a bad or even average score. Youre too lenient.

youtube.com/watch?v=kN7Vub46uL4&t=741s

Why not, i liked Covenant very much, espacially Michael Fassbenders parts. In my opinion it's better than Prometheus (7/10) and worse than Alien (9/10), so 8/10.

Since we established this is actually the deacon in the murial, it's a warning to the engineers working in that lab not to get infected, as they know what happens. Does the following make sense? Because this is how i see it.

That site was a huge lab for researching the black goo, the direct result of an engineer being infected is the deacon. From my understanding just like with a human, if an engineer gets infected a huge squid/facehugger is born, if this squidhugger infects an engineer a deacon is born. (I assume the same if it infected a human on that planet).

I haven't seen covenant yet but is it not the case that David simply refined this process? (Reducing size of squid/facehugger by creating an egg from shaws body parts and growing it inside that?) And further manipulation resulting in the xeno? The xeno basically being a modified deacon?

From what I understand the neomorph is the separate result of it happening naturally on the covenant planet, black goo mutated the local fungus and the spores then infected people and the neomorph was the result? Much like the deacon was the result of local worm being mutated and then infecting people on the other planet?

> Inglorious bastards
> 10/10
Its not even a 10/10 by tarantino standards...

Gtfo Sup Forums pleb

>decent
>8/10

So what's bad a 4? What does that make a 6?

My thoughts exactly, 8 should be reserved for actually good fucking movies so it means something.

Think about what you're saying a little bit. It doesn't sound like you're looking at the film from any sort of analytical or thoughtful perspective. I completely understand if you want to go solely based off entertainment value, and very surface level judgements, if that's how your scale works, that's fine by me, just say that. But if you're considering your opinion as any form of valid insight into the movie or franchise as a whole (the the point where you post your opinion in a public forum trying to argue against the criticisms of the film) then you have to actually look at the arguments being made by the people who are actually looking at it critically.

What a fucking pleb. I can't believe I have to share this board with peasant mainstream normie pigs like you.

Sry guys, i'm german and i thought that decent means actually "good", i meant a good 8/10, not decent.

Has anyone done a reality tv show where they go around dressed as hitler in Germany? I would love to see that.

"Good" is more like a 7. 8 is great, 9 is exceptional, 10 is perfection. You're not on Sup Forums you fucking nigger.

The "experts" i mentioned.

I know that Alien Covenant has some issues and that Ridley changed many things he wasnt allowed to change because they make no sense in comparison to Alien or Aliens, but i think he took the right way in expanding his universe with Prometheus and Alien, i think it's a good thing he tries to insert a philosophical view on some things. He makes some important mistakes, i know this, but at least he tries out some new things. He could take the save route like JJ Abrams did with Star Wars Episode 7, but then everybody would complain how boring and uninspired it would be.

Oh boy, critics had their venom & knives ready . Fans LOVE the movie. Huge positive scores. Big disconnect w/ critics & people. #covenant

Can you at least explain the "new things" the he tries in this movie?

The Jews at 21st Century Fox weren't going to let Ridley do a true Prometheus sequel when they could slap on the Alien title for more money.