Why do people watch king of the hill when all the characters are red necks

Why do people watch king of the hill when all the characters are red necks.

In one episode hank says to bobby

>When you get your first truck..

Like this guy hank is such a redneck that he just assumes his sons first vehicle will be a truck, he doesn't hope it's a truck it;s like he is such a redneck that driving a truck is just the norm to him.

When Bills brand new leaf blower doesn't work properly Hank says,

>It's one of those Japanese leaf blowers probably only made to blow those bonzai trees

This is STUPID, they have trees in Japan too, not just bonzais, to think this is just stupid and besides even if Japan only had bonzai trees which is not the case.. Don't you think a Japanese company would know to design a product for the American market? It's simple marketing.

Another red neck thing habnk does is get outraged when Louane wants to vote communist just because the guy has a nice picture he explains to her.. that
>A communist is someone who tells you what to do.

No, that's a communist dictator, this just shows he is a dumb redneck that hates communism but doesn't even reality understand what communism is... That is so typical of rednecks.

He even lives in a red neck town..

The schools their are named after football players not educators or authors or scientests.. wtf.
So I just ask this question, why do people watch a show where all the characters are rednecks when there are shows where the characters are much more normal.

Is it because you are a redneck yourself?

Oh one finale example of why hank is a stupid redneck, when he finds out he was born in new york and not texas he acts depressed and ashamed about it.. Not just a "That sucks oh well" but the way everyone tried to cover up where he was born all his life it was as if he had been molested as a baby and people didn't want to know. It was just completely over the top and just stupid redneck behaviour.

This is bait, isn't it?

I'm black and i like it. Stop being prejudices towards rednecks. Rednecks are people too.

>Is it because you are a redneck yourself?

Do you know what satire is?

I'm not a big fan of KOTH but I'm pretty sure that's part of the joke.
Also "Made in Japan" was the 90s (and earlier) version of "Made in China": cheap products that had a reputation of poor quality.

This bait is not entertaining.

At least you stopped calling them Hillbillies, OP.

How the tables have tabled.

As an European, I view King of the Hill as a means to study redneck culture, which in itself is amusing. Although, to be frank, do I not necessarily think of Hank and his family as rednecks, but rather something in-between normal and redneck and that is what makes the Hills such a fascinating case of study.
I must say that I've learned alot of southern northern american culture and mindset through this show, much more than I thought possible.
Not only is it well-written in most aspects that exist (the humour, the timing, the emotionals, everything) but what it does best is that it's so very realistic. Even though I have never been to southern northern america do I feel very closely acquainted with it through this show.
What is odd is that even though I am from Europe can I very much relate to many things in King of the Hill, and that is the mark of a genuine show; relatability.

Obvious bait, but what's wrong with rednecks?

Fresh pasta

Funny how SJW's preach tolerance and diversity except for those GODDAMN PROBLEMATIC SHITLORD REDNECKS!

It is quite humorous.

I'd like to speak to the manager, please. This pasta you've served me is stale.

So which is it fresh pasta or stale pasta

No, it's Laotian role-playing.

Which ocean?

What's fresh to one isn't fresh to the other

Freshness lies in the eye of the beholder.

I live in Kentucky, automatically making me a redneck and like watching King of the Hill and Squidbillies. Literally EVERY redneck person I know drives a trunk. There are people with super southern accents who don't have trucks, however, and they aren't really redneck, just unfortunately cursed with having a southern accent.

As about some of the mannerisms on the show, yeah, there are people here that unironically do act like Hank Hill and say stuff like him and all his redneck people, including myself.

It was hilarious when Dale put that I

>cursed with having a southern accent.

Only the men and most of the women are cursed. Certain southern accents, when coming out of the mouth of a female, are weapons grade boner fuel.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That certain water Digimon from Digimon Frontier has a good southern accent. Same with any accent, really, its only good if the chick has one. Kinda of like with Asians, the guys never sound good while the chicks can sound attractive when and if you can actually understand them. Or with British.

>Or with British.

So much this, I don't know what it is but british women(excepting those with cockney and similar sounding accents)get my motor running, but british men just piss me off for some inexplicable reason.

it probably has to do that men like women under normal conditions and by normal I mean outside of Sup Forums and the LGBT community.

I have become the become.

Why do people watch king of the hill when all the characters are red necks.

In one episode hank says to bobby

>When you get your first truck..

Like this guy hank is such a redneck that he just assumes his sons first vehicle will be a truck, he doesn't hope it's a truck it;s like he is such a redneck that driving a truck is just the norm to him.

When Bills brand new leaf blower doesn't work properly Hank says,

>It's one of those Japanese leaf blowers probably only made to blow those bonzai trees

This is STUPID, they have trees in Japan too, not just bonzais, to think this is just stupid and besides even if Japan only had bonzai trees which is not the case.. Don't you think a Japanese company would know to design a product for the American market? It's simple marketing.

Another red neck thing habnk does is get outraged when Louane wants to vote communist just because the guy has a nice picture he explains to her.. that
>A communist is someone who tells you what to do.

No, that's a communist dictator, this just shows he is a dumb redneck that hates communism but doesn't even reality understand what communism is... That is so typical of rednecks.

He even lives in a red neck town..

The schools their are named after football players not educators or authors or scientests.. wtf.
So I just ask this question, why do people watch a show where all the characters are rednecks when there are shows where the characters are much more normal.

Is it because you are a redneck yourself?

Oh one finale example of why hank is a stupid redneck, when he finds out he was born in new york and not texas he acts depressed and ashamed about it.. Not just a "That sucks oh well" but the way everyone tried to cover up where he was born all his life it was as if he had been molested as a baby and people didn't want to know. It was just completely over the top and just stupid redneck behaviour.

>and by normal I mean outside of Sup Forums and the LGBT community.
So, "Normal except in cases where it's not normal in which case uhhh I still want to call it normal though". You're a real wordsmith mate.

I find southern US accents, specifically Texan, charming with their elongated/accentuated vowels. Goes very well with the salt-of-the-Earth God-fearing stereotype they're usually associated with too.

Read in his voice and laughed. Thank you.

pretty sure this is bait.

>y u watch show all rednecks, r u redneck?
Why would anyone watch a show about anything that they don't personally relate to? I'm not a superhero, an anime girl, a drug dealer, a cop, etc, etc, but I would watch shows about them.

I don't know why I gave you this (You).

Because Hank and his friends are the good kind of rednecks. The kind that generally mind their own business and don't try to force their beliefs on 3rd parties.

So are ya Chinese or Japanese?

>communist dictator
What other kind of communism is there?

I've lived in the North my whole life, but my family is all from the South, so I've got a touch of a drawl. People tell me it makes me sound laid back and friendly. Makes a job in the service industry easier.

A theoretical one

Damn aussie at it again

Don't ever come to Texas, you'll get your ass kicked

NO. I won't I am a street smart Aussie.

I doubt any americans could touch me.

What?

This has to be some kind of joke.

Shut Up Khan.

I didn't watch it for years because I hate rednecks and everything associated with rednecks.

Then I watched a few episodes one day and figured out that it's actually pretty good. I stupidly expected it to be like Beavis & Butthead but even more white trash, but what I got was well-written stories and actual charming characters and and hilarious and relatable situational comedy.

Not really, I grew up in public housing.

They wouldn't have a chance to beat me up because of how I grew up.. it has made me aware of who to trust, who to not be around etc...

>What is odd is that even though I am from Europe can I very much relate to many things in King of the Hill, and that is the mark of a genuine show; relatability.
This, it shows that most people are the same despite their differences. Things like taking pride in your work and wanting to connect with your son are universal themes that anyone can relate to.

Your wifes son

U trying to imply there's something wrong with being a redneck boy????

What's that suppose to mean?

I haven't a clue, Dale. Maybe he's talking about how Bobby looks more like Bill than Hank

Haha, yeah, that's what I thought we were talking about, not something else.

If you don't get the humor in KOTH you must have never been to Texas.

Anyway, was it the CIA, KGB, or Green Lanterns that killed JFK?

But I do and I havent