>Unnecessary trilogy
>General soullessness

Someone post the webms

cgi, cultural marxism, pegi 3

Jews.

Don't have the other one

>short book
>3 movies

its not supposed to be a realistic movie you faggots. Its supposed to be Bilbo's embellishments on what happened as he tells a story to young Frodo. Jesus christ.

(((hackson)))

Still a bad trilogy even with that considered.

I never saw these movies, why the fuck did they include legolas?

I can't put my finger on it, but something about that pic makes me dubious it's really from Medical News Today and Women's Health.

Because he's a fan favourite and the most recognizable character to people who haven't seen the OT. So money, mostly.

Not bad. What video game is this from?

Turning a 300 page children's book into a trilogy of movies spanning 9 hours (12 hours if counting extended cuts) filled with hours and hours of CGI, pointless filler, and ridiculous winks and references to the LOTR movies.

1. The Lord Of The Rings trilogy was SO GOOD that it was always going to be compared to that.
2. It was nowhere near as fun as the book.
At least LOTR films were genuinely as fun to watch as reading the book.

no year+ to make props and other practical effects shit

Nothing.

Unlike the original LotR trilogy The Hobbit began an exciting journey with and interesting character that grows and develops.

Only nerds disagree because it changed some details from the shitty book.

Undercooked scripts that made the films tonally inconsistent from moment to moment in addition to an extremely short pre-production phase that forced an over-reliance on CGI because no time to build sets or props.

not raunchy enough, didn't make me piss, connected with the critics more than the fans and overall i rate it candy ass/10

I thought the first one was pretty comfy.
The other two were just a jumbled mess

kek

Azog or whatever the fuck, feminist elves, black hobbits, gay dwarves.

>has to fabricate a fan theory to justify how retarded the movie is

6 months of pre-production because Del Taco fell out and the studio basically threatened Jackson "do it or we'll have someone else do it"

LOTR had 4 years of pre-production btw
youtu.be/20vA9U7J2qQ

And then the studio wanted a third film so he had even less time to do everything he needed to do

did bilbo lie about legolas being there?

Dwarf on elf interracial sex.

THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS
THIS

This should be pinned at the top of Sup Forums until the end of time. The fact that The Hobbit films were as good as they were is a testament to how fucking talented Peter Jackson is.

Considering the factors at play, he made a trilogy of Citizen Kanes

>black hobbits
wait what

Only thing I hated was the hamfisted romance. Why does movie makers think people care what side characters are fucking in an action/adventure movie?

Yes exactly. Should have been a 2 part movie. A small cameo only for Legolas to acknowledge he was in the service of his father at the time. No Tauriel character at all. Prosthetic orcs, less CGI environment replaced with actual real life locations. An older Thorin who's a prick just like the book. No LoTR references whatsoever. No wacky acting or looking characters like Radagast the bird poo wizard or the axe in head dwarf.

Also make Smaug the intimidating as fuck like the book. Not a Scooby Doo level villain

Everything you listed was out of Peter Jackson's control. The corporate meddling was unprecedented and it's why WB is having a difficult time getting talent over there.

I've heard Zack Snyder had to get it in writing that they wouldn't do what they did to PJ

Unexpected Journey was kino you fucking idiot

...up until Rivendell. The rest was all of our worst nightmares come true.

literally nothing

they traded a quality move for 3 shitty movies to make three times the dosh and they succeeded and got away with it

Peter Jackson was brilliant in the way he shot the Hobbit. The suits wanted three movies, so he stretched everything out (but that means fan edits could cut it down to a REALLY GOOD three hours)

Have any of you plebs even watched the fan edits?

>The Quest of Erebor
two sources used (albeit one illegitimately)=two movies

Yeah I know, WB is clearly a bad place to have your own vision and direction as a director. Wish New Line didn't get absorbed by those hacks

I actually liked the first one a bit. It had some problems, but it was good overall.

The great goblin design was horrendous. Fuck that ball sack around his chin. And he should have been emaciated and not a fat blob troll looking thing

It's a kids movie to get people into LOTR. They did the same thing with the Star Wars prequels. Take it for what it is, it's not like you couldn't see this coming

I've seen one of them back before the extended edition of the last movie was released. It's surprising the absolute shift in quality mostly by trimming down the excess.

I haven't seen the post-BOTFA extended cuts but I'd really like to see Thorin's funeral added in the one I watched.

This is why I don't really mind the three movies. I think he just shot everything he could so Tolkien autists could do what they needed to do and the suits got what they needed (three movies out of a children's book)