Good job marvel

wow, an actual decent villain from the MCU. not too many of those

Ego, Loki and... ? Ultron perhaps? Red Skull? anyone else?

Marvel does not have a single good villain

Ego also fell apart when his shitty "I want to wipe out all other life because they're underwhelming" motivation

>cannes
1 thread par jour
>marvel
100 threads

The world we live in

Ill always have a soft spot for mickey rourke as the gay lion tamer in iron man 2

spot the DCuck

>I'll pigeonhole everyone who criticizes me into the opposing side of my console wars!

The only good villains they've got are on the Netflix show. And funnily enough the MCU is so cucked that the Netflix characters are not allowed to show up in the movies under any circumstance. Kek Stark Tower isn't even in Daredevil or Jessica Jones or even Iron Fist where it'd make the most sense to reference. The MCU is a fucking joke.

>he has furry pics saved on his posting device
talk about instant red flags amirite guys?

>he doesn't have a folder full of every possible internet topic
go away newfag.

>Ego was a good villain
I don't think so.

Movie really needed a co-writer. Pacing issues and forced jokes everywhere, terrible editing and nothing flowed.

op here

yes the pacing was a horrible mess. but strictly speaking about the villain, Ego was actually brutal. dude fucked women across the universe and killed them and their offspring because they weren't celestial, and kept every single corpse on his planet. good enough I'd say

much better than the fucking Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 villains

I didn't watch the movie but let me guess, he never appears as a literal "living planet" in the entire flick, right?

That would be too silly for THIS movie

he does.

they need to bring him back for a feature film, love to him become detroit steel or beetle or someone. The suit can used later by some else, but lets see hammer do something fun.

Well the planet doesn't have a face like that, but he is the planet, and Kurt russel is just his vessel to walk around and talk and stuff so they don't have to interact with a literal planet

doesn't he show like his giant face towards the end?

>I want to wipe out all other life because they're underwhelming
I was a bit disappointed by this because initially I thought he was doing like a The Thing thing where he assimilated everyone instead of just killing them.

You guessed wrong. He just uses the body to talk and impregnate people. The only weird thing that bothered me in a nerdy way was him calling himself a celestial

The whole planet does have a face at one point, I think when Yondu's henchman is flying towards it to pick everyone up

Zemo, Kingpin, Purple Man and Cottonmouth

They talk about the Avengers all the time, dum dum.

>retard who didn't see the movie talking shit
lmao

Uh huh. Word of mouth is huge because people love it.

I thought Zemo from Civil War was a good antagonist, with a decent motive. His actual goal was kept a mystery until he revealed it near the end, he stayed a step ahead of everyone, and even managed to achieve what he set out to do; break up the Avengers and cause a rift that won't soon heal, if ever.

The planet did have a face moron, watch the movie before commenting

I saw this movie today, and I guess overall I enjoyed it but I agree with the pacing being all over the place and some of the jokes feeling forced. I noticed a lot of attempted jokes with little to no reaction from the audience though, at least in the theater I was in.

Really the only plot hole as a part of the "expanded universe" in the netflix shit is that SHIELD has never gotten involved with anything they do, but that's probably a good thing

Cottonmouth was great, they made such a mistake of getting rid of him halfway through the series and then focusing on two villains who were sub-par by comparison.

Why would bother you autist. These are films not the comics. Makes more sense for him to be a celestial (like that giant head of knowhere). Long dead race and ego is the last with no memory of that time

SHIELD has more important shit to worry about than "hooded ninja man attacking other ninja" or "single black guy who can't get shot taking on gangsters".

Between Inhumans, demons, evil spell books, the government, other governments, evil robot duplicates and what not... they're kinda into the bigger scene than your street level turf wars between vigilantes and their respective gangs.

I know OP is trol but just in case:

Dr Doom
Osbourn
The Beyonder
The Void
Kang
Doc Oc
Symbiotes
Annihilus/ The Annihilus Wave
Galactus
Taskmaster
The Grandmaster
Sebastian Shaw
Nightmare
Meph

Ah yes an offhand quip about "imagine if we had the guy with the hammer!" and vague talks of "the incident". I'm such a dummy ha it really is all connected. ;)

It was still weird that it was he accidentally killed King Panther with an explosion 10 floors below him and then could sneak in to replace an interrogator without anyone double checking anything for a "classifed target"

Did you miss the part where he said MCU?

Yeah I totally did, thanks for pointing that out. These characters could be introduced later.

>step ahead of everyone

Because of luck and stupidity of the characters. Not cuz he was brilliant

>falcon spots zemo, instead of getting off his ass and just running and tackling him
>shouts "hey" like an idiot
>Zemo then outruns the younger fit "superhero " because plot

>gets lucky that either
>team cap didn't win and come to his base and fuck his shit up
>ironman never found out and cap and bucky simply fucked his shit up
>ironman didn't actually logically and didn't chimp out

Unlike the comics and the fantastic 4 cartoon he isn't a fleshy planet with muscles, tentacles and skeletons. Instead they made him more like an acid-trippy paradise planet to fit his role in the film as Starlord's father (I.E having the same tastes in music)

Also his giant face does show up in the film.

I don't think he was a celestial in the comics, If I recall he was kind of like Galactus, a scientist who survived a catastrophic event that consumed his world but he merged with it.

But I guess since Celestials are Marvel's bullshit exposition race I guess it works.

I.
DON'T.
SPEAK.
RUSSIAN.

Did you miss the part where you're a fucking idiot regardless? Obadiah Stane, Loki, Bucky in The Winter Soldier, Fisk, Kilgrave, Cottonmouth. Care to explain why these aren't great?

Didn't act*

I like how they just had to make Ego the Living Planet a man. And one who's sole purpose in life is to fuck women. They just had to appeal to the normies that much.

See

Why did they have to make the story so convoluted? Ego is just a lonely planet in the comics. This movie had absolutely NO RELEVANCE to Infinity War so they had ever chance to just make it fun. Just make it so that after Guardians 1, they accidentally landed on this planet and are now trying to leave but the planet won't let them because it's lonely.

Welcome New Friend To Sup Forums. Here We Are Not A Serious Board For Discussion Of Actual Television Content Or Film, As We Simply Post MeMe's (Pronounced MayMay) And Sometimes BLACKED.com Content, In Which Nice White Women Receive Large Black Men Inside Of Them. Please Do Not Be Disturbed By This Bizarre Content, As It Could be A Very Enjoyable Board.

Thank You
Signed,

R. Schneider

Not really. I don't really have a stake in this aside from pointing out you don't know how to read. I like a lot of Marvel villains

Because Guardians of the Galaxy are literally who hero group (of which the current team was invented in 2008) that the MCU is using to fill in the intergalactic level of the universe as prep-work for the Infinity Gauntlet.

Basically you have all your shit on earth, then you have your god shit. But all the shit that is needed to set up infinity gauntlet isn't there. They can't use Silver Surfer or the Fantastic 4 to explore that level of the universe but you still need it to make sense of Thanos.

So there is that, but the GoG doesn't have any solidified villain group, so what do you do? You pick spacey type villains from that level of the universe, like Ronin or Ego. These are villains that would never be used in the universe anyway with other central capeshits.

Yeah, I suppose his actions were a little more motivating to watch than Mickey Rourke or... whoever the villain in Thor 2 was.

It doesn't really count for much in an overall bad movie though. Conceptually Palpatine was antagonistic and theoretically did cool shit (killed his Master... and some other shit), but his actions are never realized on screen well enough. Also he is in a terrible series of films.

Gunn's Ego was fine conceptually, but I don't think he had enough of an oomph to make me ever rewatch the movie. Not really a case of David in Prometheus, or even like Iron Man 2. I would (and have) rewatched Iron Man 2. Yeah, Mickey's character sucks, but the film itself is directed well and all of the other characters work, with exception to the aforementioned and Don Cheadle.

The best part of GotG2 was Recycled Music 2: Electric Boogaloo. Fondu and Sean Gunn were pretty good too. I'd be more than happy for a Ravagers spin off with Xanadu and Sean Gunn. The Guardians are being integrated into Avengershit anyway.

Makes sense.

He does. They call him as much throughout the movie, it isn't a secret that Kurt is just an avatar.

Once the climax begins you see his face. I didn't expect it desu

I hope you feel like a fucking idiot

and of course, they couldn't just shove those villains out of nowhere without context.

The first GotG they decided "Hey the Kree are important because don't they have some shit to do with Thanos?" and they needed another infinity stone plot line. While Kree are actually more important because on another alien race called the Skrull (Used as villain fodder in a brief period in comics were human villains weren't allowed) Sony owns the rights to Skrull.

So what then? Well this is a prime situation to use Ronin, who in comics is like a Judge Dredd for the entire Kree race. Can't do a Skrull and Kree plot so fuck it, just have them as a big blue Thanos-lite and fuck shit up with his hammer. They altered it so it would work.

Ego? Ego isn't a celestial, he's a freak mini-galactas and biomass planet monster, cool only for his ability to shit out skeletons and having continent sized face. How could they possibly use him? Well just make him Starlord's dad and also call him a celestial to explain the plot point from the first film. Never mind that celestials are giant armored dudes but fuck they won't matter for shit in the entire film franchise.

The point is, is with some shit in the marvel universe you might as well simplify things because capeshit is the sum of thousands of different writers and artists trying to shove their own ideas into a mess of a universe, the film universe simply can't convey it all accurately.