Has any movie actually gotten time travel right?

Has any movie actually gotten time travel right?

Bill and Ted

12 monkees

Primer and only Primer

imagine if she made you worship her toes wow

No idea since we're humans and have 0 concept of what is "right or wrong" with time travel

I know what's right however is me jacking off to the picture you posted just now

Terminator 1.

T2 fucked it up though.

The Time Travelers Wife

This is objectively true

Primer gets time travel right and everything else wrong. A well-crafted, complex plot alone is not enough to carry a movie.

>imaginary concept
>getting it 'right'
What a silly question.

That. Primer sucks and there's nothing anyone can do to convince me otherwise.

Well maybe if you go far the past for travel when it does to be for it good. Back to the Future does for when the past present goes as far to be.

prisoner of azkaban

Lost

What I wouldn't do to have sucked Depp's dick immediately after he'd finished fucking her bum.

I agree.

I also agree with this
Literally the only value in this movie is that it's time travel without the plot holes. Proof of concept, I guess.

Timecrimes

Came here to post this. Fucking Broderick living off that Back to the Future money.

this is actually correct.

I was gonna say Clockstoppers or Timeline.

>t. time traveler

????

Holy shit this post is basically Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? 2.0

yes

I haven't watched Primer, but how does it solve certain issues of time travel such as:
>creating mass/energy from nothing (when you travel to a past time and there are two copies of yourself, you have added mass/energy to the past "universe" from nowhere)
>when traveling to a different time, you'd also need to travel to a widely different place: the surface of the earth moves at around 1000 miles per hour in its rotation, the earth revolves around the sun at around 67000 per hour, the solar system itself is moving, etc

The "science" behind it doesn't matter. What's important is that the movie/show establishes the rules of time travel within their universe and then doesn't break them. Steins;Gate does this best I think.

«Гocти из бyдyщeгo»

>Time Cop

there is no universal reference frame in which everything is moving relative. the time travel could easily be in the reference frame of the time machine.

I would murder everyone on Sup Forums to fuck her

>terminator fails to kill sarah
>lets send a more advanced terminator to kill her son instead of sending it to assist the first terminator kill sarah

No, its not, shut up.

How long are her fucking legs?

Steins Gate anime.
It's perfect in the way it explains it. Makes sense as to why we don't see time travellers everywhere too.

Can we do the math down to a few feet of where the planet was thousands of years ago? I ask because to travel back in time you need to be within limits. Considering there may have been a structure, plant life, predator or fatal drop where you intend to land/appear.

All of them except for the ones where people move backwards through time instead of forwards.

2 feet.

>right

every movie that does not have time travel since it doesn't exist

the butterfly effect is probably the closest

Donnie Darko

Good point.

itt: time travelers attempt to convince people time travel isn't real

Better be certain sure of exactly where the planet was in space too or you're in for a bad time

Mike Nesmith's first movie "Timerider"

Continental drift theory may help and ice core samples can give a climate. Remember in the Terminator they had a plasma shell (?) that cleared the way around Arnie?

Slaughterhouse 5 has a pretty good take on the whole thing, is not that you travel through time but rather you see your whole timeline and just move there, in Billy's case without any control over it.

Predestination

I am her pusy slave

and feet :^)

Well my take is if we understand enough to control time. Then we can just rewind it like a gear with everything in it's place.

No, they haven't. And they won't for about 34 more years. Just wait, you'll know what I'm talking about.

>83347788

PRIMER

THE MOST EFFECTIVE PLEB FILTER OF ALL TIME.

ELITE MOVIE WATCHERS. ONLY.

I would worship her toenails if she asked

>anime poster
Didn't see that coming.

amber pls ruin my life ;_;

alright dude, shes not a big deal

Passengers
t.travel can only be forward

by that logic all movies are about time travel. Therefore the winner is Hot Fuzz.

Some fag who's dad is looking over his shoulder has to "act straight" and for him while browsing gay: the site.

You can't really get time travel "right" since it's a fictional concept.

No.

You're doing it now dude!

What do you mean when you say "gotten time travel right"?

Time travel is only theoretical, so who the fuck knows?

>fictional
it's theoretical, not fictional

not him, but fuck off, his comment was relevant. that stupid cartoon actually did a good job of depicting logical time travel

uhh, hello? it's TIME travel, not space travel ya dingus

>it's theoretical, not fictional
just like your dick

>Back to the Future
>Bill and Ted
>Time Traveller's Wife

Oh yeah, also

>Terminator

Mein Neger

Fuck off gatorposter

lol touche

>dyatlov pass
>mystery

had to solve this shit as part of investigative training.
it's one of the most stupid "mysteries" that's out there. everything can be explained properly and makes even more sense than some alien/yeti theory. I know supernatural believers will never except a logic explanation but it's just mind boggling that there are still people who think dyatlov pass was some event that has something to do with otherworldly powers.

I'm ok with this.

Days of Future Past
Galaxy Quest
Groundhog Day

How does Terminator get it right?

The technology needed to create Terminators is brought to the present by Terminators from the future, which is a paradox.

(Have only seen the first 2 movies).

thanks for Correcting the Record!

is the movie good or not user?

fuck this thread i came in for some time travel kino and got a bunch of bill and ted references and primerposters

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttt

What the fuck am I looking at

yes

Yeah, the one that doesn't violate the law of conservation of energy. Oh wait...

Back to the Future but only the first one.

I want her feet in my mouth REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or simply you'd die in space as Earth is constantly moving.

No movie got it right because it's not possible in the sense we imagine it. Otherwise we would have time travelers showing up all over the fucking place. Primer was logical, but not realistic.

He meant they follow whatever time travel theory that set out to follow

Either they butterfly effect the shit out of everything by going back in time

or

everything they do leads up to the events that made them go back in time in the first place.

Looper by the way OP

There is no such thing as traveling back in time in reality, so how can you get it right in film?

I gues this is the right thread.

Yesterday I found something. People always talk about how broken time travel is in Back to the Future, but I never saw this mentioned. And this is the ultimate plot hole:

So, when old biff traveled back in time to give young biff the sport calendar, he changed the future. When he got back to the future, he should have gone to OTHER future, the one with biff being rich and shit, and a future most probably without Marty and Doc being friends and him inventing the time machine. INstead, he gets back to the same timeline.

I mean, that's cheating...

I would have sworn I read an article years back about a team firing photons at themselves in the past to confirm predestination but now I can't find a word on it. Hm.

Predestination
It was completely fuckey but at least it covered its tracks

The plot was the only thing not limited by the budget.

No.

Well I dunno about that. Maybe it's just the way the dude who made it wanted it but it certainly could have used a bit more clarity. Like maybe important details not being mumbled in a completely offhanded way.

But that's half the appeal: rewatching it and catching stuff you didn't before.

>he thinks you can travel to an alternate dimension with a different quantum signature like if you were taking a walk in the park

This is why no one uses time travel to change things. They would just create a different timeline but couldn't even access it themsleves (there's even the possibility that all alternate timelines already exist anyway and you're not even creating them).

That's the Future Trunks theory of timetravel. Every time you time travel you create an alternate timeline.

You go back to your own because if those problems didnt exist you wouldnt have timetraveled in the first place.

Timecop. It's like Looper with Bruce Willis, only a million times better.

My life

terminator gets it right if you don't include the other movies

it's just a loop, everything that happens was doomed to happen, you can't change the future, it's an eternal loop