Ridley loses his mind in an interview

He's done.

He did some great work, but it's time to call it and retire or produce or some shit.

>"Look, I bloody told you already you will never find out about the bonus situation, so quit asking me people. I can't go out to eat without some rude prat interrupting me at the dinner table, embarrassing me in front of my friends and family, and demanding to know whether or not I'm going to resolve the bonus situation. The answer is no, I'm not, because it's already resolved. I've given you dolts enough clues already, and if you're too stupid to figure it out, then that's just tough shit. I gave you clues in Alien, again in Prometheus, and I even through in a couple in Covenant. That's it. I'm done. The bonus situation is resolved."

moviemaker.com/category/archives/news/3805RidleyScott

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was done long ago. He did an interview with the Hollywood Reporter and was clearly already becoming senile then. That was like 3 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to have his hand help through the entire Covenant process.

Bonus situation?

Saw an interview where he said that since everybody else was doing like 9 sequels to the same tired shit, that he was too, despite his belief that sequels ruin the original works.

He basically said he no longer gives a shit and just wants to work.

>barely competent lunatic who's only good films were the result of the work of everyone else but himself

Wow it's fucking nothing

I just watched Alien for the first time, not sure why I waited so long to finally watch it.

Was this thing the Nostromo? Or is this just some piece of a space station or something that the Nostromo was towing, and the Nostromo was just that small ship they took down to LV-426? I guess that craft Ripley escaped on like a tiny little lifeboat attached to the Nostromo?

what the fuck is the 'bonus situation'?

That's basically like a trailer, and the Nostromo was the hauler.

I don't remember that at all what the fuck...

>and I even through in a couple
>through

Let me guess... Fake link? Yep.

>that one guy forcing this meme

many such threads. sad.

I'm just playing Alien Isolation for the first time right now, and the entire game seems to be set on a space station that looks exactly like the cargo that the Nostromo is hauling in Alien

*Squeak squeak huff* REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That didn't explain shit

It kept using the term "bonus situation" without establishing what it is or what it means

It's literally the opening shot.

That's an ore refinery and Nostromo is pulling it.

OP's link provides all the answers, friend

DID YOU EVEN WATCH ALIEN?

it's mentioned MULTIPLE times.

Try to keep the fuck up.

You're literally the reason Ridley is losing his mind

How do you know it's an ore refinery?

>someone asks for explanation of the term
>links an image that doesn't explain it

DID YOU EVEN READ WORDS?

IT'S NOT MENTIONED AT ALL

Try to keep the fuck up.

We really do need to talk about this bonus situation.

>Alien Isolation
What a boring piece of shit game
>an alien chases you through some levels
>zero story
>zero world building
>zero plot
>zero mystery
>zero character development
>zero additions to the alien mythology
You could replace the mc and the xeno for literally anyone and the game wouldn't change at all

Is anyone actually being trolled by this? How the fuck did you not figure out the bonus situation by the end of prometheus?

>has literally never heard of google.com
>act like a butthurt teenager and tell other people to keep the fuck up

Bonus situation is an underlying theme in all the movies, or have you never seen any of them?

>ask to explain a term
>HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW TERM?
>HAVE YOU EVEN EVER MOVIES?

The answer is pretty obvious, if you weren't so autistic. I'm not even the person that asked what the bonus situation is, just the person that pointed out the infographic doesn't explain shit.

Why are people still replying to this? Its not a real interview you fucking morons

This.

>literally never heard of google.com
>samefagging
>accusing others of autism

Heh

FUCK this thread. I came in here because I thought we would be talking about the bonus situation

I'm like a half hour in and I can already tell that you are completely wrong about the world building, just by reading the documents on the computers
I can't comment on the rest yet

This.

All this fucking trolling shit needs to stop until we talk about this bonus situation.

Let's talk about something else instead

When was the last time he even made a good movie? Does his good vs bad movie ratio even favor the good side? For the past 10 years, I have only thought negative things when I hear "Director: Ridley Scott"

Fuck off, Dwayne.

No

Right.

No that's his additude. He doesn't like explaining himself

lol

how does it feel to so willingly brand yourself as a newfag? kys

You know you always post that, right?

are you being serious?

Bonus situation is Weyland owning Yutani (51%)

But Yutani, hacks David in order to keep the Bonus Situation from happening. AKA killing everyone, and therefore Weyland Mission was a failure. Allowing Yutani to buy Weyland stock after it crashed, due to the original mission failure.

along the movie someone mentions what it is.
gotta pay attention user

>super strength AI robots readilly available
>use actual humans that want lots of money and bonuses to mine a planet

The bonus situation is the biggest plot hole in the whole alien saga

I got the inside scoop on the bonus situation but every time I try to explain it to anyone here ((((they)))) seem to know and fuck up my compalksdjfi;esurq0sjeaiur934uosruqafkeei3748759qufjaslfkjoiwru9837598q3poijslkfjzlsdkjf;lqiw3urpoq93upr4983quiafj;asjf;oqiwur9038u7r4p098q3uprasoifj;alisjrp39uro8q3uoirlajr;lijweriujqow8i59837rseiohjfoisdhfhoiuh8y3o98qy598yruiahsfhoieawhro8q3y5981p39r0pq98euyfaisuhfihasoiuhro39ry9q8y59q8yfoiuhaoihfashfoieyroi8q3yro981y398rh19h3roiuaheofihaeoiruhq93w8yr9q38y98q3yr

American Gangster came out in 2007.

STOP FUCKING ASKING!

Right

>Bonus
>Bonuses
>Bonus3
>Bonus: Restoral
>Bonus vs Salary
>Bonus vs Salary: Requiem
>Bonustheus
>Bonus: Contract

Manufacturing an android on the level of being able to solve problems like a human we see in the movies might be a lot more expensive than some schlubs concerned with the bonus situation. David might have been the first good one and iirc the characters don't wonder if Ash is an android before he gets decapitated, perhaps pointing to the fancy droids only being deployed in situations related to alien hijinks or otherwise important tasks to the company. It's based on 70's imaginings of sci-fi anyway, manned space exploration beyond the solar system might be a bit of a meme anyway.

seconded. what the fuck is bonus situation?

30 years pass between Prometheus and Alien so I'm sure robot AI was inexpensive by then.

/ourdirector/

Exactly. Every time we try to talk about the bonus situation, somebody derails the thread.

It's almost like somebody doesn't want us to know about the bonus situation.

This is the bonus situation:

I just wonder why the engineers were promised a bonus in the first place? It seems like Weyland-Yutani would be better off not promising the bonuses at all.

It's a line from the movie.

Parker: Let's go over the bonus situation. We haven't... Can we just talk about the bonus situation?
Ash: I'm sorry, can I say something?
Parker: Let's talk about the bonus more.

Bonus situation has never been on an equitable level

based, he got his bonus after all

poorest bait