Is this movie any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GM-znjDGubE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

its fantastic if you ask me

why don't you watch it and find out you fucking faggot

Psy fi. Went in for ethan hawke. Stayed for jude law. Uma was coo. Just be yourself user. Unless it isn't good enough so pretend and be someone else.

No it sucks, my autistic schizo half-blind bad-skin ADHD-medicated girlfriend who's family members all get fuckibg cancer relatively early loves it though.

Yes.

how did he do it?

I forgot to mention also that she smells bad, is extremely rude, smokes weed, keeps a messy room, can't cook, and insists to people that don't care that hard sci-fi is the only good type of book and all classic literature is bad. This is the kind of person who enjoys this terrible movie.

It is my favorite movie, one of the few that made me cry every time, and I have seen it at least 10 times. It has important flaws, like the underdeveloped love story, but to me it is a modern classic.

The tests showed that he had a 99% chance of heart disorder
>99%
>not 100%

Vincent got lucky and his heart was actually perfectly healthy.

YES BUT IT WAS A FLUKE, THE DIRECTOR MADE SHIT EVER SINCE

...and she's your girlfriend. Which says even more about you than anything you've said about her.

It's Reddit to the max. If you think John Wick is a masterpiece and found Requiem For A Dream anything but hilarious you might enjoy yourself.

Watch 'The Right Stuff' instead. And after that if you're really hurting for space-kino try 'Royal Space Force'. It's pretty much 'The Right Stuff' but anime. Soundtrack is cool though.

Why did they wear suits in the spacecraft?
Did they run out of budget to actually make the process believable after verifying their personality and just said "fuck it"?

nope

It's the future, they don't need spacesuits and shit.

...doest that defeat the whole point of the movie?

They're sending out spacecraft every week. They know what they're doing.

THE RIGHT STUFF IS GLORIOUS AND AMERICAN AS FUCK

GATTACA IS VERY GOOD FOR A TRYHARD OVER SLICK KIWI DIRECTOR

ITS POPULAR SO ITS REDDIT DOESNT MEAN ITS BAD

no, he had a high chance of heart disorder. But can still do things and isnt useless. Just because you arent perfect isnt a death sentence.

And you replied which says something about you.

Imagine how fucking insane it would be to wear an uncomfortable "fashion" item to fucking space.
It was the absolute worst way to end the movie.
Its not some magic rocket that floats slowly, it was similar explosion based rocket we have no and its going to have extreme g forces while theyre sitting in an upright way. Theyre all going to break their necks.

>Vincent got lucky
He did not just get lucky. He stayed fit and healthy his whole life and became the best version of what he could be.

Philip Kaufman is a low-key genius of American filmmaking. Gattaca is lame and pointless.

Go cuddle with your smelly gf. If she even lets you.

muy bien

One of my favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=GM-znjDGubE

They fucked it up by having the genetically inferior character be more attractive, never have any problems with his condition and overall be a genius. The message was supposed to be about how ability is not a substitute for passion. I was always in awe that during the chicken scene it wasn't the dude "who didn't save anything for the swim back" that started to drown, but still won because anton would have freaked out and turned around before him.

More like he did his best to stay healthy and not die in the age of 30 but 40 instead.

It made me develop a social-darwinist worldview and interest toward genetics.

came here for these brotherly feels

did not disappoint

He didn't want to just do things, we wanted to be a fucking astronaut.

I had to watch it 20 times in english at school. Dunno if I can ever bring myself to rewatch it

yea, and thats what he did, despite a high-chance-of-heart-problems non-übermensch.
"there is no gene for the human spirit", its not a very complicated movie.

>more attractive
Pretty sure he had to do some plastic surgery.
>never have any problems
Beside bad eyesight, and his heart which wasn't good that's why he should live healthy as fuck and still recording fake EKG data for tests.
>and overall be a genius
Had to study ten times harder than his brother. The point of the film was that he can win over the gifted ones, but he should give his all for this. As he said he didn't save anything for the swim back.
If he would go against someone who both genetically superior and also gives his all, he would fail very hard. But, as in real life, the gifted ones don't give their all, because they don't need to.

God damn, can we discuss that excellent Michael Nyman score?

>But, as in real life, the gifted ones don't give their all, because they don't need to

This isn't true at all. People who are truly passionate about something are rare regardless. Being naturally better is in no way inhibiting potential, it just doesn't guarantee you'll meet it.

Passion also has its limits. The film doesn't articulate this well. He just puts the effort in and and succeeds. The wasted potential of the chicken scene really soured the film for me, as did the reliance on avoidable chance.

It wasn't the film's main theme but they did some side comments on that part too, like with the pianist who had six finger.

What's your number?

I love this movie, no idea how many times I've watched it already, probably about 15-20 times

How does The Right Stuff comes here? The only connection between these two is the existence of a space program.

No, it's actually prove it.

I get it but it feels like a conceit when its apparently "he wasnt defected after all lol" rather than he WAS defected but managed to beat the odds anyway. That doesn't work though, because you can't control your heart giving out no matter how much will or passion you have

So the point is bullshit and life suxx. great movie though

All the connection you need. Everyone should watch The Right Stuff.

Lord of War was pretty good too.

>meme of reddit
No it wasn't. Stop lying.

The movie goes for a "you never know who could be the next great person no matter how unlikely it seems so don't abort those down syndrome kids" The problem with this argument is that if you are worried about missing out on that great person every fertile woman would need a baby in them every 9 months.

IT WAS OK, THE INTRO SEQUENCE OF LORD OF WAR WAS THE HIGH POINT

BBC DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE REAL GUY WAS PURE KINOG

ALL THE CHROME VEHICLES IN THE HOST WAS HILARIOUS, IN TIME HAD SOME HUGELY RETARDED SCENES PLAYED 100% DRAMATIC, HE TRIES TO BE TOO SLICK HAS LITTLE SENSE OF TONE, HIS FIRST MOVIE IS STILL HIS BEST

Fighter planes go flying several times a day. The pilots still wear g-suits and helmets.

Because- well, that scene actually triggered my autism too.

absolute amazing score manes