If megacities are so terrible...

If megacities are so terrible, then why are people around the world making great sacrifices to leave their villages/towns/etc. and move to those cities? They must prefer the cities (compared to their traditional homelands) in order to do this.

>If megacities are so terrible
They're not. I wanna move to a megacity myself in the future.

No work outside of megacities.

because they're poor af

Because globalism turned them into the only places with economic opportunity.

This.

>more work
>more businesses and services
>more people and opportunities
>easier to commute
>anonymity
>young people falling for le cool city life meme from movies

t. actually born in a tiny village and moved to the city for a few years before realizing how much I hated it

Lisbon/Oporto are not big enough for you? They're not megacities, but they both have urban areas over 1 million, which is still pretty big.

Do you even know what ''globalism'' is?

Ah yes, the globalism of agrarian societies.

Because the grass is always greener on the other side

same thing as globalisation, except american far righters renamed it so it sounds like an ideology instead of a phenomenom. they do this because it's easier to attack things if you imagine them as tangible opponents. this is why american hillbillies make up new -isms for things they don't like all the time.

Humans were meant to live in tiny villages. Mega cities are an abomination that need to be nuked to the ground.

No, it's because there are more opportunities in big cities, more capital, more people, more everything. Nikola Telsa did not go to NYC because he loved the dirty and crowded piss smelling streets, he went there because that's where he got hired, and that's where they got loans to build this inventions. That's where the money is, you need money to do stuff.

Ok but do you know what ''globalization'' is? I agree with the rest of your comment, but it's not limited to Americans, most people -- including Europeans are dumb and conforming children who just accept whatever they are told by the media. Germans protest all the time the G7/20 meetings, because according to them ''the capitalists and globalization are ruining the world''. I am curious to know how exactly has both of these ruined the world, i suspect i won't get any answers from them.

>t. Londonabad 2050

This.
That's why I don't want ot move to Madrid.

>Ok but do you know what ''globalization'' is? I agree with the rest of your comment, but it's not limited to Americans

You didn't understand what he was saying. There is a huge difference between thinking that a development such as globalization is driven by the ideological conspiracy of evil lizard people or that it's just the logical progression of the prevailing economical system and the forces within its confines that are driving them.

this... i'm from Rosario, is a 'big' city but i would like to live in Buenos Aires or a fucking mega big city as los angeles.

I grew in the big city
>So much stuff to do
>Jobs
>Nice restaurants, peng foreign food
>Easy transport
>Beautiful young people everywhere
>Only downside is pollution and smell

I also live in a small town
>Boring as fuck, would commute to the bigger town
>Only anglo people this shit seriously gets dull
>No restaurants only shitty pubs
>Old people everywhere no peng tings
>Benefits are clear air, quietness and safety

Why? Give some valid reasons besides anthropology/evolution sociology bullshit.

>Why? Give some valid reasons besides the basis of our understanding of human behaviour.
You're pretty much left with religion if you opt to ignore reason and science.

>Germans protest all the time the G7/20 meetings, because according to them ''the capitalists and globalization are ruining the world''
>all Germans are le communists lol xD

Take your generalizations and stuff them in your lazy manlet gypsy asshole you piss poor über cunt

Get stabbed

I'd like to live in Mexico City, at least for a while.

If rape is so bad then how come your mum sucked me off when I pointed a gun at her?

wtf

megacities are terrible because there are no communities like there is in small towns. thus people become more greedy, selfish and lazy. hence why new yorkers are rude as fuck but southernes are friendly.
but there's also pros to it. i love how irrelevant you feel in a city. you won't meet anyone you know on the street, everything is close to you and there is always something going on.
imo 100-400k cities is the best

because there are jobs there

It's a metaphor, mongrel.

t. hipster faggot

That's no way to talk to me, son.

>he fell for the urban Jew

Why would you want to live in a concrete jungle when you could live in a qt small town?

It is a system with ideological intent brought by liberal capitalism.

That looks like my worst nightmare.

>100-400k cities
The worst kind of cities desu, you've got the flaws of small cities + the flaws of big cities

Any city that's not 2 million minimum (and 5-10 million in the area) is boring desu

t. lives in a mid-size city and in the capital

>qt small town
No work, nothing to do, always the same things to see, few girls (and low-quality too), few shops, old people everywhere, etc.

Usually it's because of laws created by the big city folk. Buying up all rural land, raising prices, using tricks to get people to leave their land (laws curbing agriculture, well drilling, septic tanks, selling of produce, increasing taxes, etc, etc)

We humans are being herded into a central location to be more easily poisoned and controlled.

It's a massive urban region of over 26 million people and rising; conditions vary.

You know what I don't like about most megacities? Megacities outside burgerland don't have freeways.

I would literally rather be dead than to live in a place like that.

What? I'm pretty sure they all have freeways. Maybe Kinshasa in Congo doesn't have a proper freeway yet, but that's about it.

>tfw the majority of your population lives in 2 giant sprawling cities
th-this isn't healthy

delete your post quick before people make a meme out of you

You also have Brisbane/Perth/Adelaide, though. Everything's not COMPLETELY concentrated into a couple of big cities; there is SOME distribution. That Peru user who always complains about how he has to live in Lima because Lima sucks up all his country's resources, though...

Toll roads aren't freeways. Freeways are an entirely american thing. And even counting toll roads, look at , it's disgusting

Nah, it's not that big, honestly. The urban areas are large because there's lots of commuter cities around those 2 cities, some have a population of more than 150k people. But they're just residential areas. Lisbon and Porto themselves aren't that big.

Totally this.

around 60% of the population lives in the 2 cities and they're projected to skyrocket in population over the next 30 years
we have so much room for more towns and cities but we just suck up all the migrants in the big cities its ridiculous
pretty soon those cities will want to become independent because they contribute everything to the economy while the rest of the country contributes nothing and then we're doomed

It actually doesn't look so bad from ground-level:

It's fairly dense, but it's not a slum - they have electricity and water service.

Megacities are the death of tranquility its not the billion ethnicities living in the same city its their noisy everyday rituals/routine resonating on a shitty 1950 flat.

Good luck keeping your sanity in check.

I want to live in Mexico City but chilangos accent and chilangos in general are unbearable.