Aside from potentially getting raped by a russian, is there any reason I shouldn't join the French Foreign Legion?

Aside from potentially getting raped by a russian, is there any reason I shouldn't join the French Foreign Legion?

I've been applying to the US Army and Marines for almost two years now, but I learned yesterday that they've ultimately rejected my application due to a series of police encounters I had when I was 14 and 15. I thought I could prove that I've turned my life around, but they didn't agree.

But after spending two years training and reading and getting myself mentally ready for service, I can't just drop it and go back to college like it never happened. And I think the FFL is my chance to serve society, if not the same one I grew up in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IN9rYoongMY
vice.com/read/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion
legion-recrute.com/mdl/info_seul.php?id=30&idA=82&block=24&titre=salaires
foreignlegion.info/joining/
chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/07/09/working-with-the-french-army/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>is there any reason I shouldn't join the French Foreign Legion?
FFL has kind of "modernized" aswell, you might not get accepted if you commited crimes in your home country.
Also, joining FFL without any kind of military background is just stupid. You do realize that FFL is the meatshield of NATO, right?

Fuck France, they no longer exist. they've bent over and are know submitting to islam.

bro go into law enforcement, any crime you did at that age will be forgiven. The key with LE is you have to be 100 percent honest about everything, if you smoked weed 100 times, just say it apologetically. You will see more action as a cop in a big city than the military.

Now get out there and serve your country.

Similar story with me OP. I was rejected by the Army, but was able to enlist in the US navy. I know I'm not meant to be a blue jumpsuit wearing bitch boy in a titanium hallway. I'm taking a trip to France in a few months.

I've been working out like crazy. In the best shape of my life at this point and I only get stronger from here. I've cutting down on my body fat too.

Guess I should download the Duolinguo app and get started on French if I don't want to be clueless during the selection process.

I was applying to be a paratrooper before, I don't really care what I do as long as I get to jam it in for a while and burn this out of my blood for a decade or so.

I just figure they might reject me out of hand for not being a dirt-poor southeast asian or Russian felon.

Underage. Also the French Foreign legion screens more then they used to. They won't take anyone with serious offences on their recorD.
The first contract you sign up is for 5 years.

You will be enlisted as a single man, even if you are married.

Once you are enlisted (the same day you knocked on the door), the preselection & selection process starts.

Free accommodation, free food and free clothing are provided by the Legion during the whole preselection & selection process.

The whole recruiting & selection process takes (in most cases) 2 – 5 weeks. The process starts when you pass your passport to a serving legionnaire in a recruiting center (either an information office or a preselection center – see the list below).

The French Foreign Legion accepts recruits from all over the world. The Foreign Legion’s recruiting centers have to be open 24/7/365 (yes, all year long) officially. However, whatever is stated on the Legion’s official website, enlisting in the Legion during Monday to Friday between 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM (08.00 – 17.00 h) will be a good option for you. The smaller recruiting centers might be closed during nights.

You can be enlisted in mainland France only! There is no other way.

You must travel at your own expense to continental France (in Europe) and knock on the door of one of the Legion’s recruiting centers (see the list below) to be enlisted in. This is the ONLY solution how to join the Foreign Legion!

NO online applications, NO letters of invitation, NO documents at French embassies around the world are providing to join the Legion.

What does NOT matter to join the Legion

your citizenship (if you are a Brazilian, Indian, Russian, Japanese citizen etc…) doesn’t matter
your race origin doesn’t matter
your religion doesn’t matter
your knowledge / ignorance of the French language doesn’t matter
your educational background doesn’t matter
your qualifications doesn’t matter
your social status doesn’t matter
your professional status doesn’t matter
your marriage / marital status or family status doesn’t matter
your military or non-military background doesn’t matter

Legionnaire 10 months 1205 € 1460 € 1433 € 3567 €
Caporal 03 years 1226 € 1480 € 1452 € 3626 €
Caporal-chef 10 years 1303 € 1607 € 1600 € 3939 €
Sergent 07 years 1351 € 1648 € 1650 € 3929 €
Sergent-chef 10 years 1779 € 2095 € 1945 € 4186 €
Adjudant 17 years 2007 € 2140 € 2180 € 4748 €
Adjudant-chef 21 years 2078 € 2427 € 2477 € 4818 €

youtube.com/watch?v=IN9rYoongMY

I know what the FFL is you Belgian fuck. I followed the Mali campaign the entire time it was happening.

The question is whether serving France is better than just giving up on the military altogether.

Nice lie you got going on there

all youth records are sealed and expunged once you turn 18

unless you murdered somebody

I could join very fast :D
In 3 hours i could be a recruit already.

Must feel good to live in the space between real countries.

>e
Yeah kinda. Goodluck spending more then 1000 dollars joining the foreign legion.

Honestly just give up on it. FFL imo is a last resort thing.

Get a job or go to college and try apply again when your a bit older to prove that you have cleaned up your act.

Also if your not retarded try getting in the Air Force instead.

low chance of picking you.

the FFL has a hard on for diversity. They want people from different backgrounds and training regimes so they can tackle problems with different approaches.
They have plenty of westerners so they rather pick a eastern european or asian.
You can try your luck but you should have a backup plan.

regarding your ((((police encounter)))) as long you are not searched by interpol it should be fine

Join the national guard do am enlistment than go active. Did you murder someone when you were 15? That should be off your record also send a letter to your congressman tell you want to put your life back on track by serving.

>FFL has kind of "modernized" aswell, you might not get accepted if you commited crimes in your home country.
This is totally wrong.
Unless OP is a murderer, a child molester or on some kind of most wanted list, he'll be fine.
They don't give a shit about petty criminals.

One way ticket during winter is like 500

Can you afford that one bro? :D

>your citizenship
I don't think this is strictly true, this guy tried to join and thinks that he got rejected just because he's American

vice.com/read/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion

Isn't that the same as joining any Middle Eastern army?

The main reason i believe is the upbringing of western europeans, eastern europe and asia tend to produce less neets and failures, also discipline, austerity, less special snowflakes and more toughness in general.

He's a dumbass who admitted to past crimes without a record to recruiters because "muh integrity"
That's the only way short of major felonies like murder or being a sex offender.

>vice.com/read/i-tried-joining-the-french-foreign-legion
This is why you want to live in europe to join the legion. HAHA

you'll turn to a surrender fag instantly

Umm they pretty much dont take anyone, also kill ya self you should join our military you fucking faggot, but please dont we dont need anyone like you in it

it's vice, I wouldn't take that one for granted.

FFL is much better and is amazing on your résumé. For becoming a bodyguard for example, it's the best pssible background.
Pay is not too bad. Prestige is great, you'll learn french and get citizenship. So no, it's not the same.

This, the légion takes former criminals unless they're too big felonies.

Not entirely true. The FFL is often just a get-away free card, so its recruits will be men from countries at war. After WW2, it was almost entirely german for example. So you'll get a lot of arabs, but not only. more than 15% of recruits are also french.
Selection is very tough though.

admit that you just like to go to war.

You guys are closer, can you slap some sense into Gerabia and France

Because you're a cum guzzing faggot?

That isn't much. I suppose the last figure is the salary you get for missions abroad? What regiments get out most?

Enjoy getting raped!

They recruited 1700 people last year. It's not impossible to get in, just hard.

>kys join our military
>military refused him
nice

t. never seen a légionnaire

no, the weaker they are, the less competition the empire has
actually if we should good anyone a slap, it should be your shithole

t. frog
Its funny how you're best soldiers are foreigners, shows how weak you cucks are. You're worse than the Jews.

The only slapping you will do to us is ours balls bouncing off your lips

1000 per month during formation, up to 1500 when deployed, but it's triple if you get into the 13e DBLE in djibouti (they say it's tense there, so might be because of the risk)

are you utterly retarded or just pretending

You wish kiddo.
How am I retarded? Saying the truth? Post-Napoleon France is more cucked than Sweden.

Only 1500 during depolyement? Are you sure about this? And 13ième DBLE was based in the UAE for the last 5 years, but they are moving to France now

>is there any reason I shouldn't serve the jew?

of course not

That's what they're saying on the website. It's for the average low-grade soldier though

nevermind got my answer :^)

Their own site says 1280: legion-recrute.com/mdl/info_seul.php?id=30&idA=82&block=24&titre=salaires

Another site has what this Belgian posted foreignlegion.info/joining/

3500 per month for being in foreign territory is a nice sum of money though. I'm wondering which regiment gets deployed the most and how long on average they are on hostile territory

Also, what operations can we expect from the French military in the next 5-7 years?

chrishernandezauthor.com/2013/07/09/working-with-the-french-army/

also we won more wars than you and we don't have sharia court, tea faggot

Who knows? Killing sand people is a given, but the country is unknown.
Maybe fighting coups in north Africa. It's unlikely they'll have to fight anywhere else

Enjoy living in your African shithole for two years...

>14 and 15
>minor
That shit should honestly be sealed unless you did something really fucked up. Find a different recruiter.

>tfw joined the Navy
I will admit, I was considering the ffl, glad I chose not to join... only thing that makes me sad is that the us navy has no ground forces other than EOD, SEALs, and SWCC.

a brit saying we have an empire!? that's a first.

Maybe they'll get deployed to Syria and Iraq for peacekeeping... or fighting if the war doesn't stop

Or maybe they will need to intervene in the next French civil war ^^

I doubt they'll intervene in Syria, cuckland will never risk putting armed forces near the russians. Also Iraq isn't really of our concern
And they're not allowed to fight on french ground either, the same way it couldn't be used to fight germans when it was mostly german recruits.

>The key with LE is you have to be 100 percent honest about everything, if you smoked weed 100 times, just say it apologetically

Depends on the state. My friend wanted to be le when they asked the question about drugs he answered truthfully and said he had in fact smoked pot. They ended the interview right there and told him to have a nice day. Rejected

If you are okay with doing all the shit jobs whilst the French Army takes the Glory why not.

That is not true.
They pick slaves and nogs, because most of them have nothing to loose and FFL is their only option.

What exactly do they look for in selection...im in hella good shape and have a clean record..leaving in august

That's not true, everyone know who are French Foreign Legion, even in our "recensement day" the soliders talk about the FFL like an example of courage

probably just that, but tougher

One of my brothers friends joined the legion. He was an investment banker and had no military experience. He said as long as you were fit af and could do basic problem solving they will let you in.

You'll only get barred from entry for crime if you're wanted by interpol.

Well IO only have anecdotal evidence in the form of a friend who was a legionnaire.

The usual drill was that the French army would do the heavy lifting and fighting whilst the Legion came and held the ground gained.

Not much glory in cleaning up after the big boys or at least that's how he described it.

I couldn't tell you but they sure have a lot of glory, even if we don't know what they do concretely, everyon respect them and even every young men know who they are when they parade the 14th July

Bumping the thread, I find this topic extremely interesting.

I'm finishing my studies soon (degree in philosophy) and prior to my studies I served in the military for a year.

I despise the society and I am a natural loner. I do not have friends, nor do I want to have a girlfriend/wife/family.

I believe that there are only 2 substantial aspects of life: science & art, and I am just not up to the task. The only way out of this depression is joining the military, and the FFL seems like a good option.

Please share more information. Thanks

How old are you user?

Not easy to go from guard to active I've heard. But I suppose it's better than the opposite, so many people are burnt out and just say fuck it after they're first enlistment.

/k/ is the place to ask

Active duty military service is for loser

you get paid shit money to serve oil corporation interests and clean toilets with a toothbrush, and get fucked by queers in your platoon

only lowlives, knuckledragging morons and cowadooty idiots join the military

they're max cucks
did and said nothing when their ex general got arrested like a common thug

"ex" is the keyword
besides what the fuck did you want them to do, chimp out and invade France?

you'll fight in Africa for French masters under no one flag and no sense of camaraderie in some African shithole

you must have fucked up big time to get denied from the Corps lolololol