"Mary Poppins Returns," a sequel to the 1964 musical, will star Emily Blunt as the magical umbrella wielding nanny...

> "Mary Poppins Returns," a sequel to the 1964 musical, will star Emily Blunt as the magical umbrella wielding nanny. It will also star Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creator and star of the Broadway smash "Hamilton," as a new character, a street lamplighter named Jack, according to the studio.
>It will fly into theaters on Christmas Day 2018.
>The film will take place in Depression-era London and will follow a grown up version of the children from the original as Poppins uses her magical touch to help the family "rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives," the studio said.
money.cnn.com/2016/05/31/media/mary-poppins-emily-blunt-lin-manuel-miranda/index.html

Just fucking kill me now. $50, they won't animate the cartoon sections but use CG.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7UKGZs3inQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not hype for based Lin-Manuel

Why is Hugh Jackman hanging himself

Never thought I'd get to bring this up on Sup Forums.

This should be good, I love LMM. Hamilton is awesome, I've memorized just about every song.

>> "Mary Poppins Returns," a sequel to the 1964 musical,

fuck modern Hollywood

Goddamn it Lin Manual I liked Hamilton but it's clear you're going to be the token "Rapper guy" in this fucking trainwreck

Hamilton seems to have hit a point of popularity where even people who aren't into musicals or hip hop are loving it. I went to see it with my cousin who doesn't like hip hop at all normally and she loved the shit outta it despite not getting any of the rap references.

But yeah I dunno how to feel about this one. I'm not excited at all for a sequel, LMM is undoubtedly very talented but that alone won't necessarily save it.

I think he's doing the music and what not too

>was able to see it

i hate you

Can Disney can get Julie Andrews to make a cameo for the film? If the original Mary Poppins will make an appearance, the film could be redeemed.

She's only 80 and not in too terrible of health.

I loved Hamilton, saw it in previews

That being said their popularity has led them to be a bit obnoxious with the whole NEW AMERICA WHICH IS WHY WE'RE ALL MINORITIES EXCEPT FOR THE MEAN OLD KING GEORGE AND GENERAL LEE shilling

They even promoted Hillary Clinton's campaign

Like jesus man, chill. I liked your musical just fine, no need to get all fucking political on Colbert

>Lin-Manuel Miranda
liking his we wuz presidents the play

The music in Hamilton is good. The best songs ironically aren't even the Hip Hop songs. "Wait for It" and "Burn" are my favorite, though "Satisfied" is probably the best rapping one

> #
>>was able to see it
>i hate you
Seconding this. I'm made jealous and I'll never get to see it while LMM is in it. I'll likely never get to see it until it goes on tour or some shitty Highschool or community theater near me ends up doing it.

>Marry Poppins sequel
>Magnificent Seven remake
FUCK

>children from the original as Poppins uses her magical touch to help the family "rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives,"
really feels like the Simpson parody.

>Mary Poppins remake
COME UP WITH NEW IPS GODDAMN IT HOLLYWOOD

Yeah, most of the best stuff isn't even the rapping and I actually love everything King George sings. I hope Lin does appropriate stuff for the tone of the movie and they don't make him some slick rapping chimney sweep with sick sweep beats.

> Lin-Manuel Miranda
inb4 rap cover of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and unabashed agenda pushing

Judging from his Late Night Apperances, "Jabba Flow", and the fact that it IS a Mary Poppins movie, I wouldn't expect much

P.L Travers must be rolling in her grave

>all with out of place black people for forced diversity

>inb4 rap cover of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

That already exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UKGZs3inQU

But that was fresh tho.

Jabba Flow was good though. I liked it, and it fit pretty well with the cantina.

>Not being excited for based Washington teaming up with Chris Pratt

Next thing you're gonna tell me is you didn't like Flight or Remember the Titans or Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yes, I know. Which is why it'l be even better when Will does a new version of it as a tie in song for the new Mary Poppins movie.

>will
haha, they will get someone newer and hipper then fresh willy.

From the Mary Poppins sequel comes a new tale of fun and adventure! Disney presents: The Love Golf!

Mr. Smith is fresh and hip in a timeless sense. We are after all living in the Willenium.

Oh you, so we getting him and Jaden in one package huh?

I'll accept Jaden, but only if he regresses in age back to Pursuit of Happiness era Jaden.

Too bad. The deal was sealed.

Shit. Okay, how about this. Any way I can substitute Jaden for his older brother who Will hasn't had on screen since the "Just the Two of Us" music video back in the 90s?

No substitutions on this deal.
Its too late since you mentioned the rap.

>Emily Blunt
>Lin-Manuel Miranda
>will follow a grown up version of the children from the original as Poppins uses her magical touch to help the family "rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives,"

Rediscover the magic with rap music. Disney-fied rap music!

>sequel to Mary Poppins

surely there isn't a more recently acclaimed musical that they could make a sequel for?

>a sequel to the 1964 musical
>SEQUEL

......why? Did someone really ask for this?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the similarities between them. Would love Eastwood to play an older Wolverine.

Or to direct a Batman movie.

The last time they made a sequel to an old film from over 50 years ago, it made a billion dollars at the box office.

Do you mean Alice in Wonderland? Because the sequel just proved people only saw the first one for the 3D.

And now people will see this one for the Hip Hop. As long as they don't make a sequel to it, they'll be fine.

I'm outraged too, but is this really Sup Forums? The original movie had animated portions, but it was still essentially a live-action movie, and I imagine this sequel will be too.

Besides, we have enough things to complain about as it is.

There were sequels to the book, but this movie doesn't look like it's based on any of them. Not sure if want.

am I a hipster if I liked Lin-Manuel Miranda from "In The Heights", before he was cool?

Can Miranda do a cockney accent?
Can he do a better cockney accent than Dick van Dyke?

I don't like the idea of a sequel.
But, how is this comic or cartoons?

Mary Poppins had a quite lengthy animated segment.