Prev

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u92hX6rX
youtube.com/watch?v=mfS_FJPK_A4
youtu.be/Vftf8TTve4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Judy

Second for Annie was okay

Not a Shellyfag, but fuck she was hot in FWWM/Missing Pieces.

please no

/tpg/ is already dead after only nine days. What a joke of a series and fanbase LOL

Hey folks, updated pastebin here to include more songs and also the Secret Diary link.

pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

gotta say when i think about Texas, i dont think about "hardcore nigger rap"

If he lives near Houston it's a fair assessment.

That graph can't be legit. Also releasing episodes online before television has kind of made ratings pointless. Plus we're getting the entire season anyway, regardless of ratings.

3 episodes in, had enough now. I can see why it would appeal to fans of Lynch's filmography, it has all the hallmarks of an Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive etc. But as someone who doesn't like narratives less grippable than a frictionless hagfish, there's no appeal.

Twin Peaks worked because it used Lynch's weirdness and audio/visual expertise as flavour. This settled in around interesting characters, charismatic performances, fun dialogue, palpable emotion and a story you can connect with. Absolutely none of those things are present in The Return, and it's made particularly hard to watch by having most sequences take 2-10x longer than they need to. There's about 25 minutes of material in the hour-long third episode. Taking more time is fine if there's something spectacular you're filling the frame with, but for all his skill and vision, Lynch has never been a Terrence Malick. I'm sure there's a point lurking somewhere in these 18 hours, but for me, life's too goddamn short.

>That graph can't be legit
It is. Twin Peaks was a massive hit in the 90s.

It is, but comparing the ratings of broadcast television in 1990 where media was consumed differently (far fewer channels, no internet) to premium television in 2016 (a million channels, streaming, illegal downloads) is stupid.

yeah, ratings won't make the season better or worst, since it's already done..
I still hope to see some white lodge shit

These posts are so blatantly manipulative. Makes you think (realize) that the internet in general and Sup Forums in particular are places of constant and malicious persuasion.

Nah I live like 2 hours from Houston but that shit permeates all through 'texas

CARSICK

Is that you Michael J. Anderson?

You never heard of Southern hip-hop?

>REPLY TO THIS WITH YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THE REVIVAL SO FAR

There's a lot of discussion going on about the individual elements of the show, but how do you feel about the revival overall? I think it is flawed so far, but I honestly can't think of a better way to bring back a show, it was never going to satisfy had it just been emulating the old show, it was never going to satisfy had it been a polished, perfected and clinical take on the matter. As it stands now, it is somewhere in between amazing and baffling, I wish digital cameras didn't lower Lynch's standard for cinematography and framing, but it did, it's as if the convenience of it all has made him complacent. I don't think all of it looks bad, in fact it sometimes looks great but there's a lot of shots I don't understand why they are the way they are.

The visual effects are interesting, and I have to wait and see if they end up contributing to the aesthetic of the show or not, I haven't really made my mind up, but there is an endearing quality to it, CG has never been used for any other reason than to look as realistic and seamless as possible in the mainstream, so to have something so intentionally jarring is making my head spin a little.

The writing is a strange pairing to some of the more surreal elements of the show, you have some pretty hamfisted expository stuff, so far I'd say the writing has not been a problem outside of some of the red room scenes. Speaking of which, the red room has kind of lost its flair, it is no longer the mysterious alien world it once was, those scenes sit pretty comfortably in these episodes, I hope we see this waiting room destroyed at some point only to be replaced by more shit like the mauve world, or that black and white place we see Cooper in, at the very start of the season.

I love it for what it is, I don't think any other way would have been better, it is flawed and awkward at times, but honestly no other approach to this would have made me as engaged as I am now.

really makes you think

Does he really badmouth Twin Peaks while using his character from it as an avatar?

He was working with Jefferies to get cocaine from Columbia?

Wonder what the dog foot is for

new memes when?

No, he's doing it ironically considering that's the image where the caption accuses David Lynch of being a rapist murderer.

In reality he's just a sad, sad little man.

>second interior shot is him clearly still on the road while the car is tumbling

this weekend

>there's a lot of shots I don't understand why they are the way they are.
Examples?

wtf i hate twin peaks now

I'm going to fug her!

I watch the first two episodes and thought they were bad. Very Very abstract especially with showing old characters we've wanted to see but only for a few seconds. But now in my opinion it's starting to take off.

its a few years since I watched s1 and s2. do i have to rewatch them to fully enjoy s3?

He used the information from Albert to kill "the man in Columbia." BOB might be running drugs because he's collecting the pain and suffering which his drugs cause (huge amounts of garmonbozia). Like that druggie mom saying 119.

>But the other reasons run much deeper and darker than just money, at least from Anderson's many writings going back months. Before getting into those, it's worth noting: Anderson has repeatedly made what could be read as anti-Semitic and anti-Islam posts and comments, is a strong Trump supporter with staunch anti-globalism leanings and has made many crass comments about "political correctness."

yes
also FWWM

i've seen every episode twice and i still dont fully enjoy s3

>yes
This isn't true at all. As long as you still remember the obviously important stuff, then you definitely can watch the new season. But yes, make sure you watch FWWM

It's probably helpful at least to rewatch the last arc of S1 and Fire Walk With Me

S3 continues on from them and has no recap or explanations to help catch up at all

I just thought Texas was bascially Cowboys and Hispanic women

Also I noticed the druggie mom has a deck of cards. Granted she's in Vegas but still.

And lets not forget there is a big baddie in Vegas we don't know about yet

"Roger, you better hope you never get involved with someone like him"

I don't think this is about dopplecoop

I noticed that too. Th-that clip is a-actually a f-flashback to 5 seconds ago when he was on the road still.

Last arc of S2, I mean

>I though [place] was [a bunch of lazy racial stereotypes]
Read a book you cretin

>not enjoying the origin of Mr. Jackpots

a book about Texas?

MISTER JEFFRIES, OH

THE GARMONBOZIA, IT COME OUT OF MY ASS

Autism general?

Its actually worse. My town is pretty evenly divided between whites, blacks, and mexicans. I can say without a shadow of a doubt the niggers and spics are fucking TRASH.

Books about texas usualy don't mention any nigger music.

Goddamn coop aged well

MY MOMMY IS COMING

Who or what do you think it could be?

>:( wtf I'm racist now!

Why is /tpg/ getting shittier by the day? It was a decent discussion for the first few days with good memes but this thread is just a bunch of edgy teenagers acting autistic

Why does the arm is obsessed with garmonbozia?

>the guy in the red jacket

>Coop enters purple world after passing through box that the monster comes out of
>at first, everything in the purple world has a fastforward/rewind effect, like the monster from the box
>monster has a female body

Call for dubs

>hellooooooooo

You just answered your own question

>"why is there less discussion when there is a 2 week break between new content?"
>"i want the same theories to be discussed ad nauseam"

How much OC can these threads possibly have? Everything has been discussed to death.

me too, user

but got damn jungle love is too potent, nigga

I think I've seen this exact thread yesterday and before yesterday

Actually everyone on the Bobby side of the take is walking very strangely, take a look

two weeks between episodes

I could look at this webm for hours, it's so good for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=mfS_FJPK_A4

>ywn smother yourself between those cheeks

Why even live?

They're demons. All of them. Even the "friendly" ones. The benevolency is a ruse. The only benevolent entities are the angels that we see in FWWM. Everyone else is a parasite that needs a host, or feeds of pain. Messing with anything occult is incorrect, cooper, in his hubris, forgot this basic understanding.

>yfw True Detective S1 and TP are in the same universe

Can we have a Twin Beaks-themed general next time?

youtu.be/Vftf8TTve4s

betas are poorly mimicking alpha

why are you fags obsessed with jeffries

Cocaine is a hell of a drug?

>the chad stride.webm

He will be back.

>tfw no episode 5 today

>Only 5 days until new based lynchkino

Who /hype/ here?

nice

Guys how scary is Inland Empire? I kept seeing the face and researched it a little and it looks v unsettling.

best teen character

I will watch it tonight.

Yrev very scary.

What was Shelly's social position in the town? She was the same age as the high school kids, right? IIRC Leo was from out of town and she married him and dropped out of high school. Was she disliked/an outcast? People didn't react to her like the other teenagers. Where were her parents?

She was older than them. I think she was in her early-early 20s

Never saw her parents. Probably trailer trash which is kinda reinforced by her dropping out of school to marry a truck driver and work as a waitress. Maybe slightly older than Audrey & Donna & Laura.

it's harder to follow than twin peaks. it's my favorite pleb filter.

The Failing Twin Peaks

>show called twin peaks
>graph shows 1 peak and a cliff

where is this from

Who has the best voice in the series and why is it Mike?

Judy

Ray Donovan

This part really did that voice justice, I get chills from it.

anyone else think episodes 1+2 were better than 3+4

Not sayin they were bad but the first two really hit me right

he generally sounds like some unearthly creature when he says that

It's 10/10, Lynch really knows how to pick em

We're not gonna talk about Jewdee.