IT'S PERFECTLY SAFE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
youtube.com/watch?v=C1EeYB8Aog0
polygon.com/2017/3/6/14830400/ridley-scott-more-alien-movies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR DAVID ANSWER YOU FUCKING GAYBOT WHO ARE THEY WAITING FOR?

BLOW THIS WHILE I DO THE FINGERING

what if you sat on it? would it do anal implantation?

HEY DAVID I JUST POINTED A GUN AT YOU BECAUSE I MISTRUSTED YOU SINCE THE SECOND WE MET BUT HEY OF COURSE I WILL STUFF MY FACE INTO THIS CREEPY ASS MURDER MACHINE OF YOURS IF YOU SAY ITS SAFE LMAO

It would be very painful

UUUU

>Ok stranger creepy robot that was just petting a dangerous murder animal and displayed a disturbing outburst of rage, I'll do what you say...

Oram doesn't know what it is, and it appears static.

The fact that nobody in these movies doesn't just immediately run away when the flaps of the egg open is complete fantasy

A giant sac of alien goo that moves looks perfectly safe to you?

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA

was this the dumbest scene in the movie? I think it was

5 minutes ago. 5 MINUTES AGO he was killing the neomorph ripped the other colonist apart.

>inb4 he was soothed by David's oscar winning performance

humans are inherently curious creatures

It's a big egg.

>see david doing with shit with a xenomorph
>he shows you his preserved corpses
>says to come down this dark, eerie, spoopy staircase
doesn't matter that dickboy didn't know what it was, it was OBVIOUSLY a trap. really shit scene desu

They also have self preservation instinct, a very strong one too. The curiosity would be in approaching the egg, but as soon as the flaps move, 99% of people would bolt the fuck away. At the very least observe at a safe distance

>Oram is a trained member of a crew that has a synthetic on-board
>is drilled with the knowledge that a synthetic cannot harm a human or through in-action allow a human to be harmed
>prometheustards butthurt that A:C was better than turdmetheus have to find a reason to nitpick why a person would follow a machine he's been trained to listen to
>plus he had a gun anyway

wow

>At the very least observe at a safe distance
Once that egg opens you're fucked, no matter how far you are.

(you)

>no argument

>Once that egg opens you're fucked, no matter how far you are.
Doesn't matter because in the movie they don't know this, so they should do it anyway.

It's not even that.

What human would follow a robot into unfamiliar territory and an enclosed area at that?

So many layers of retardation in this movie, that I think it's geared towards 6 year olds who would never question the logic.

Did he know David was a synth?

LETS SEE THAT FLOAtING HEAD aGAIN

>really shit movie desu
Ftfy

No he thought David was a coincidental twin brother to their android Walter.

Even worse, wasn't he still armed?

How did Fifield get lost when he had the navigation gear?

Why did the biologist afraid of alien corpses want to touch something that looked like an alien cobra?

Why did Shaw still believe in god?

Alien: Sensual erotic scifi horror with originality oozing out of every pore
Aliens: Derivative well-done action movie removing any of the horror or sex and creating cliches that will impact every action movie after
Alien 3: A botched mess of a movie with too many chefs that is only somewhat watchable on the Assembly Cut
Alien 4: Bizarre bounceback between Alien and Aliens shot by a talented director but written by a hack fraud, providing a strange cocktail of horror and action comedy and scifi
Prometheus: Badly-written but interesting movie featuring wonder and exploration on top of dread and horror, and a VERY good soundtrack
Covenant: Ten little indians with increasingly stupid victims and contrivances and a kung-fu action scene between two Michael Fassbenders. Good gore though.

They put the scene in because the people making the movie think the audience wants to see a shot for shot scene of the original alien facehugger scene. The original alien toes the line just perfectly for human curiosity to override a sense of danger, so you can accept an especially curious character sticking his face over the egg. David had dead alien parts all over the place and was obviously psychotic, he should have been shot on sight.

>Prometheus
>interesting

ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL HEAD FOOTAGE.

I could always suspend disbelief when it comes to horror and sci-fi but best believe if I saw some shit like that I'd go no where near it .

Fifield got high, the biologist watched too much hentai for his own good, Shaw was still clinging to the idea that there were answers to unanswerable questions about humanity that could be answered by god.

>implying the first half isn't space exploration kino

It really wasn't. A quarter of the way in you start seeing all the shit begin to take apart anything that could have been interesting.

None of those work. Unless Shaw was meant to be a moronic, shitty character that no one could empathize with and we were supposed to only like David and Idris Elba's non-character.

This was one of the most stupid movies I have ever seen. The protagonists were completely fucking retarded. The fucking space truckers from the first movie were a million times more competent than these morons..

There were a few scenes, like David in the Orrery viewing the cosmos and the unlimited prospect of discovery that did offer interesting concepts. But they did admittedly get buried by silly things, like Jesus being an engineer.

And Prometheus did have an excellent soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1EeYB8Aog0

>egg opens in another planet
>still get face hugged
Hello retard

They always had plans for David, he's one of the most interesting characters in this trilogy. Shaw served less of a purpose and had nothing inherently interesting about her character, hence being killed off.

Do what? Run? It's pointless once the egg opens.

>I'm gonna follow this strange android I just meet into a dark cellar after seeing him trying to control an inhuman monstrosity that bite off one of my crewmate's head and ws devouring her corpse

real thinker here

That's what makes marrying sci-fi with horror such a tightrope. Horror movie plots, bad ones at least, often rely on the characters doing really, really dumb things. Having characters doing that in a sci-fi setting goes against the audiences expectations of the characters. You can still do it, but you have to use some finesse with your execution.

what if... just a thought, but what if you just closed your mouth when the face huger latched on?

What does David actually want to do with the Xenomorphs? All they do is attack anything organic.

from what I understood, he wants to be a creator since he was previously unable to do so. He wants to keep improving upon his creation to the point of near-perfection

How is it pointless? We've seen facehuggers ge BTFO multiple times.

>I've seen the devil, and you look just like him
>but you are a synth so who cares

>Jesus being an engineer.

Exactly. The director himself stated this. It's fucking canon. How can people defend the trainwreck that is Prometheus and Covenant? Even the AvP movies had some redeeming features next to this dreck ffs.

Source?

But what is perfection? Being the perfect killing machine? Being able to adapt to any environment? David has a massive hardon for human art and creation, surely he'd want his creations to also be able to create?

I mean I agree David is interesting. He's the best thing about Prometheus.

His development in the sequel was the best thing about Covenant. I find it interesting his belief that humanity is doomed and he intends to stop humankind's attempts to expand into space to revitalize itself.

The concept of synthetics v. natural humans really takes me back to Blade Runner, and I can see Scott merging the two.

It opens your mouth by strangling your neck.

I hope so

>a meanie comment cancels out real-life training and occupational indoctrination

you've got to stop being NEET

>>inb4 he was soothed by David's oscar winning performance

Honestly only plausible reason. David channels peter otoole after all

I was being sarcastic, Oram didn't really think that.

I think if Jesus was a gigantic hairless blue ripped guy, something about his unique physical appearance would have made it into the bible.

>being a mouth breather

I hate the new xeno design. It was so lanky and ugly, I almost laughed when it stood up straight because how bad it looked. The alien isolation model was better

>It's fucking canon.
sounds more like it was going to be but wasn't, since it wasn't

David makes a good case for the next stage of evolution, but we've yet to see him create anything truly unique to call his own, everything he's used is based on human or engineer content.

>characters are unable to change opinion based on different information

Was Hitler an Engineer sent to punish Jews for killing Jesus?

A:I would make a great movie.

Who would play Amanda Ripley? MEW?

Nah, engineers can't grow facial hair.

Kek

why would one look into it in 2105 when by then there are like 10 Alien movies already out?

>counterargument serves to inadvertently support my case
kek

Everything before Bishop didn't have the three laws

Burke: I'm sorry. I don't know why I didn't even... Ripley's last trip out, the syn- the artificial person malfunctioned.
Ripley: "Malfunctioned"?
Burke: There were problems and a-a few deaths were involved.
Bishop: I'm shocked. Was it an older model?
Burke: Yeah, the Hyperdine System's 120-A2.
Bishop: Well, that explains it then. The A2s always were a bit twitchy. That could never happen now with our behavioral inhibitors. It is impossible for me to harm or by omission of action, allow to be harmed, a human being.

There are several characters in the franchise who avoid point blank facehuggers and most of them are not even armed. This guy had a fucking automatic weapon with full SOPMOD in it.

Who the fuck cares if its pointless. I'm sure it's pointless to try to outrun a lion in an open Savannah, but you would most likely try it anyway

not thicc enough would be better if she ate a few more burgers isntead of being anorexic

then the socks would be impressed into her thigh a bit more

I really liked Bishop.

Bishop's line had behavioral inhibitors that made sure the three laws couldn't be overridden. They still had them, but previous models were more given to glitches. The novelization goes into this.

Its because its purely organic so far, it lacks one important component so far.

So in the next movie we will see how David manages to infect and gestalt a xenomorph in himself so the merging of technology and biology will be complete. And the xeno will get its traditional biomechanic look.

How about if this fucker reads the bible for once to find out how stupid it is to claim that Jesus was a giant pale bald dude, it's literally the opposite of his description.

>those ridiculously undersized panties

>my argument makes sense if everyone is retarded

WTF I love OP now?

>David has long blonde hair (because robots can grow their fake hair, for some reason)
>gives it a rough cut with some scissors
>gets into a fight with Walter
>????
>suddenly has perfectly cut/quaffed hair just like Walter's, and apparently had time to dye it brown as well

And don't even get me started on the facehuggers that only need to be attached for 0.5 seconds to implant a viable embryo, or the neomorphs that can go from microscopic spores to fully-developed-and-ready-to-kill monsters in 10 fucking minutes

>the religious minority is ok with technology mimicking human life and trusts the rules of men pertaining to said thing
k

Regulation space underpants, standard Weyland Yuyani issue.

Is Shaw ever coming back?

What would be your dream Alien movie Sup Forums?

Man it would be great to have an actual biomechanoid race.

So much this. Wtf was up with the gestation time and growth time of the xenos? Even if you give it was a slightly different type of xeno which it was in the neomorphs case, it's still fucking retarded how quick they grow and develop.

Honestly I figured David cut off most of Walters face and scalp, cut his own odd, fixed Walter's face onto his own as best as possible, then cut off his hand.

why would you shoop Katie Banks to make her look like Noomi? I mean I'm pleasantly hard but still.

She took the bogpill

he already had brown hair on the planet, slightly messy compared to Walter but not much. Look again, only in the past imagine was is hair blond.

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 (assembly cut) > Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection

Alien is a perfect horror film. Aliens is a perfect action film. Alien 3 (assembly cut) is flawed but it has some interesting characters and a fantastic score and it gives Ripley a proper ending. Resurrection is a total mess. Prometheus has some very stupid writing but it's the second most gorgeous looking film of the franchise and, like you said, it's full of wonder and dread. Covenant has some very stupid writing and I hate that Ridley has abandoned the engineer stuff but David and Walter are fascinating characters.

If Ridley is allowed to make one more Alien film David should be the protagonist and the film should give us the fucking answers that we've been wanting ever since Prometheus.

Me too. Bishop's one of the most based robobros of all time.

You mean it would be eggstremely painful?

>get called on making a shit counterargument
>get mad and re-invent other people's arguments
lol

He very clearly had long blond hair

>he film should give us the fucking answers that we've been wanting ever since Prometheus.
what answer? I have no question left at this point, what wasnt answered?

If its a "why" regarding the Engineers and our destruction, I still prefer it unanswered. They already lost enough of their mystic.

I have no idea why I found this so fucking funny.

Nothing about that sentence has to be wrong. Care to try again?

only in the flashback, look at the scene where they play music together, David as short brown hair at that point, only slightly messier than Walter

>If Ridley is allowed to make one more Alien film
He is planning six more
polygon.com/2017/3/6/14830400/ridley-scott-more-alien-movies

>3 sequels
>2 spinoffs
>a prequel
>a sequel to the prequel

STILL no resolution to the bonus situation