Where does Lex Luthor and Brainiac among Marvel's most intelligent ranking...

Where does Lex Luthor and Brainiac among Marvel's most intelligent ranking? Obviously both of them are beneath Reed Richards.

>below Reed Richards

Luthor maybe, but no way is Reed smarter then Brainiac. Brainy is a level 12 intelligence, that's approaching Galactus level.

Luthor is above Stark and Pym bellow Richards. Maybe slightly lower than Doom.

Luthor would probably be #3 in Marvel behind Richards and Doom (4th if you count Valeria)

if he's so smart why's he constantly getting his alternately robotic and coluan ass kicked?

>Luthor is above Stark and Pym bellow Richards.
When Lex invents a magic particle that allows him to transverse the multiverse or a magic reactor that generates limitless power, I will consider it. So until than, nope he isn't. Definitely rank higher than Beast and Black Panther though.

He's a nerd, and nerds get bullied. Brainiac is the biggest nerd in his universe, so he gets bullied the most.

Is Doom really officially #2?

He already took the power of the gods and the Zone Child. Pym Paricles? You mean that shit that even Richards know how to use better?

That's kind of Doom's thing, no matter what, he will always be second fiddle. Reed is smarter than him, Strange is a better wizard, and so on and so forth.

>He already took the power of the gods
The Omega Force was given to him because those idiots didn't do a in-depth background check.

>and the Zone Child
That Panthom Zone Child from that forgettable run before Flashpoint where Lex ultimately offs himself after obtaining god-like powers? Also stealing power from a child is about impressive as stealing candy from a baby.

Because he's an enemy of Superman and Superman is a nearly invincible genius who can punch things so hard he solves 90% of his problems by punching.

Yeah I'd say he's lower than Mr. F or Iron Man. Just because his suits can't do shit and he barely travels other realms.

DC doesn't have many multi-degree science guys.

>DC doesn't have many multi-degree science guys.

Not on Earth, no. Plenty of non human super scientists.

Lets be fair. I would LOVE to see lex steal candy from a baby

You know what really irks me about DC? They can build multiverse straddling tuning forks and literal miracle machines but they can't seem to build a suit of armor or a robot that's worth a damn. You've got Red Tornado and Cyborg and that's pretty much it.

>He already took the power of the gods
Doom calls that a slow Friday.

DC has always leaned towards Magick whilst marvel tends to lean towards the super natural.

Without green lantern, the universe wouldn't know about earth cept for your not so random invader. He really helps them branch out

>They can build multiverse straddling tuning forks and literal miracle machines
Those only exist in the 30th century.

Yeah, but can Reed do magic? Can Strange do science?

Doom really fucked the whole time travel thing for marvel

They had that run already and the answer is yes

I completely get that, and it's one of the things I like about DC because of how bonkers things can get. But it really fucks up my suspension of disbelief when Batman shows up to fight Martians or New Gods wearing tights. I mean obviously they have Iron Man level robotics and obviously he can afford them and obviously he has multiple Batsuits, would it kill DC to give him some special Dark Knight Returns or Batwing level outfit he wears when the bad guys can shoot particle beams out of their asses? He can still wear the tights when he's just going after street toughs. I mean even Cap has an indestructible shield.

Reed basically can not do magic at any level.
Strange can do science, he just doesn't.

True enough. With the current level of alien interaction they've had. You do the a whole lost of reverse engineering on their part. X-men use a lot of alien tech almost all the time and they aren't even as bright as the bats when it comes to preparedness. Guess he doesn't want another blue beetle on his hands

I'd say in most interpretations, I'd say he's smarter than Tony Stark but under people like Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, and Doom.

But that's how I see it, anyways.

> a whole loss of*

Thinking about it though, most alien tech has some screwy drawback to it which leads to 3 books of people dealing with the problem of over reaching so I'm gonna assume they don't want the bats to look like a retard every time it blows up in his face.the drawback is usually there to keep said characters from too much dues ex machina

The thing with marvel is that they recently categorized their intellects into specific fields and for the life of me I can find the page. They tried to make them builders, finders ect ect

Batman I think still has the Hellbat armor, Steel had the entropy Aegis before

I miss when batman had the armor of the week to sell more toys. I still have that one ice suit he used to battle Mr freeze

Wasn't Brainiac said to have something like yottabytes of information stored within his 'brain'?

Sure intelligence is more than just knowledge stored by come on. That is far, far more than any human being is capable of.

Lex Luthor as well should be pretty damn up there. Pre-Crisis Luthor was ridiculous. Remember when he somehow created a time machine out of some fucking orange juice? What the fuck? How the fuck is that bullshit even possible?

What about Doctor Sivana? IIRC, he's even smarter than Luthor. Pre-Crisis he was ridiculous and in Morrison's The Multiversity, he was ridiculous too.

What does it matter? "Intelligence" means nothing in comics, it's just a nice word to throw around to make the character artificially cooler.

I remember Braniac 5 was said to be smarter than everyone on earth combined in one version.
Not that he did much to demonstrate this.

Wasn't there that one fucker that used a math problem to phase through a wall or something?

You combine 50m southerners intellects and you're not gonna get something that much smarter than just 1 southerner. I would know, I live down here

Pretty sure that was Doctor Sivana.

Yeah, but think of all the Chinese.

yeah, Sivana. And Luthor once made a time machine using a spring, a battery, some cans and an orange

>And Luthor once made a time machine using a spring, a battery, some cans and an orange
That's probably what I was thinking of. Still fucking ridiculous.

Luthor MIGHT be below Richards and that's debatable. Ultra-Humanite is also debatably at that level, or at least would be if he was written consistently.

Brainiac is so far above Richards that there's no comparison.

Lex didn't off himself in The Black Ring, he just accidentally his omnipotence because he couldn't not fuck with Superman.

You know like that old proverb, a leopard can't change his shorts.

Doctor Savanna makes every other super scientist in DC and Marvel look like a fucking chump

Nigga, walked through a wall just by saying an equation

>spring, a batter, some cans, and an orange
Can I please have this explained? Is it ever justified or described?

>Obviously both of them are beneath Reed Richards.

Guess that puts them below Pym as well.

Sivana, rather

Oh fuck off Red Mage is a terrible choice. Jack-off all trades master of none.

Every time I do they start choking to death.

>Chinese
>smart

Yeah, in China they are, but when they go to any other school that doesn't let them cheat on tests their scores take a hit.

Except they don't cheat and still do better. You're talking about college and shit where it would be retarded not to cheat

Because his mortal enemy is DC's version of Saitama?

DC Silver-Age, motherfucker, ain't gotta explain shit.

ITT: people not knowing shit about mah nigga Pym

Brainiac is a 12+ level intellect

12+ because Colu didn't think anything past 12 was possible

Just to put it in perspective his clone/son Vril Dox isn't but a 10th level intellect and one of the most dangerous minds in DC since he actually put his shit to constructive use.

Lyrl Dox aka Brainiac 3 was born a 11 lvl intellect and that fucker was talking and solving bullshit unsolvable equations in the crib, then he managed to brainwash everyone and stage a mutiny against his father

The Brainiac family tree is just a level of bullshit you don't want to fuck with

I love Lyrl

>Invent a particle
I thought Hank just discovered Pym Particles?
I'm sure Luthor has no problem with the Atoms technology anyway

I think being the 2nd smartest man and 2nd greatest wizard at the same fucking time is plenty for Doom

It's been shown over the years that when Lex really and truly sets his mind to it he can bullshit all of reality, tame interdemnsional creatures with unlimited power and even play a game of one up manship with Brainiac.

Unfortunately his ego and single life goal of FUCK YOU SUPERMAN gets in the way of everything

Lex Luthors Action comics run close to the end before flashpoint really helps drive it home

>I think being the 2nd smartest man and 2nd greatest wizard at the same fucking time is plenty for Doom

Then you don't know Doom.

Stark is a chump who makes up for his lack of intelligence with tons of money. T'Challa is regularly shows to outsmart and out tech Stark.

Pym on the other hand is crazy smart, The smartest when it comes to AI and particle physics.

>Can Strange do science?
uh yeah, he is a Doctor

that just sounds like magic to me. At least in Marvel they attempt to make science work

Superman's fist is a 13th level intelligence.

I would actually love it if this was canon.

He mom must be so proud

his mom fucking hates him.

also she's dead.

limitless? then why does Tony's suit keep losing power?

Lex still needs some materials to get out of jail when Sivana just sciences himself out.

Wait, how does this work?

that's the scientific formula that proves the existence of the fourth wall. once you understand that, you can CHIM yourself to noclip

Really? That's pretty awesome.

Science and magic are the same. Scientific formulas are just the magic words you have to say to cast science spells.

that's magic not science

Ironically if Doom swallowed his pride and admitted his inferiority in one of those fields and focused all his intellect on the rest, he could probably top the lists. But the one thing Doom will anyways have more of anyone is pride.

So how exactly is Black Panther one of the smartest men in the marvel universe?

I get that Wakanda is full of super advanced technology, but T'challa didn't invent it all, he's just a king.

Reed didn't invent everything either, he's still smart.

BP has always been portrayed as a genius. Just because you're not familiar with him doesn't mean he's not. It's like asking since when does Superman have super breath?

Reed invents a lot of shit, and his day job is scientific research.

I'm not asking since when, I'm asking how. Because I have a hard time believing he's even the smartest man in Wakanda.

He's the alien version of a fairly low functioning psychopath and obsessed with gaining/stealing knowledge and occasionally fighting Superman, those things prevent him from actually using most of his intellect in a useful way. His various descendents are generally much better at accomplishing things (when someone good is writing them) and are all various degrees of less maladjusted.

he was fucking ruler of all existence, why didnt he change that?

Lex built a time machine out of a pen and some old string when he was stuck in prison

he can still talk to corpses so he has all their knowledge

They are different types of intelligent. One of the things I've always liked about DC compared to Marvel is how diverse they make the powers even if they look like they act the same. Superman's Speed has different properties compared to the Flash, and Captain Marvel has a different connection to magic compared to a character like Wonder Woman or even Mary Marvel

Lex Luthor is a genius. But more importantly, he is creative. He can create solutions to problems that would be otherwise unthinkable or even impossible. In a lose-lose situation, he can win

Brainiac does not have the same type of intelligence. Brainy's a living library of information from hundreds of other worlds. Brainiac cannot crate an idea, only repeat what he's already heard before. Brainiac is able to stop Superman only by tactic and brute force. Ironically, Brainiac is much more of a manipulator and shadowy figure that would choose to remain in the background while Lex is prone to more face to face encounters

he went to university in america and picked up a few doctorates there. Then returned to Wakanda to help his people learn. He wasn't the only one that went to school outside Wakanda but he is the smartest

>Who are the Metal Men?

How? Because that's how he's always been written. How does Spidey shoot webs?

His original origin story and appearance had it so that he DID invent all of the super advanced technology there.

Because he lacks imagination

Can you win in a fight against Stephen hawking?

Hawking used to be buff as hell and a jock. College age Hawking would beat the snot out of most anons.

Yeah but that was the plan.

College age Neil DeGrass Tyson could still kick his ass in a fight. Nigga was hard core

He killed an apokoliptan new god in Final Crisis, Blew up a planet, turned the sun red, Manipulated Kryptonian technology, designed an arsenal capable of killing armies of kryptonians and deviced a way to give superpowers to hundreds of people while being capable of taking it all away with a single button. I'd say he qualifies.

You know what I just realized?

Sivana was basically an anti-Reed Richards in The Multiversity, teaming up with a bunch of parallel universe versions of himself.

Too bad Morrison will never write some sort of DC/Marvel crossover and do something with that.

They're super low scale though and they get blown up all the time. All they have going for them is ridiculously advanced AI.

Sivana is basically the Hank Pym of the DC Universe. He doesn't do science.

He does SCIENCE!

bruh

>Lex
On the same level as Richards

>Brainiac
Far beyond Richards or any human. He'd be more on the cosmic level. I don't know who his equivalent would be.

>getting cucked without knowing
>intelligent
pick one