Jessica Chastain destroys Cannes Film Festival

What film do you think upset her?

Jessica Chastain destroys Cannes film festival to their faces, says almost all of the movies she saw were sexist

clippy here

twitter.com/ava/status/869334438680829952

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AMUkfmUu44k
bentonvillefilmfestival.com/about/
belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/jessica-chastain-i-dont-stress-about-kids-29039259.html
seejane.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow, truly a real fighter for women's rights, go get em Jessica!

i would love for her to beat me up with her bum!

BDH is hotter and the better mommy

>telling Southern Europeans to stop being sexist

LMAO

yaaaaaas slay queen!

Where the fuck was she when Elle came out?

Why not just start up a feminist film festival and see if anybody buys tickets?

FACT

Want to know how I know you're an angry white male?

if mommy wants it i want it

youtube.com/watch?v=AMUkfmUu44k

I for one support the idea of the woman only wonder woman screenings, in fact I would take it a step further! with movies such as Wonder Woman or Chastain's own Miss Sloane, movies obviously geared towards an empowered female audience, I don't think men should be allowed to see them at all! all theater tickets and screenings and all blu-ray purchases should be only accessible to women in perpetuity! after all, women don't need men to succeed, why should their movies be tainted with our foul male dollars?

I'm a 22 year old black nigga with a script with well-written, 3 dimensional female characters. Will she produce it for me?

She doesn't have the guts to name the movies which were "sexist".
Of course she wants to take the spotlight of the festival.
0/10 cry more Jessica

Good lord, she has a fucking toxic personality

40 childless and no man, no wonder she's turning into crazy cat lady feminist.

Now hold on there, chief. you think as a STRAIGHT MAN can actually understand women's struggle enough to write a female character? I'm afraid that's another 10 years in the mail room for you.

She needs a young man in her life to soothe her

>40
>no kids
She has nice tits and a decent body tho, 7/10 cougar is her best

What if I identify as a woman?

LOL, does it mean the violent smurfette is a good female character just because the director has a vagina?

Isn't it interesting that they never spout this shit until they start noticeably aging and/or aren't getting work anymore?

D R O P P E D.

Looking for a new mommy. Any suggestions?

BDH

Notice how she didn't name any film(s) that were "sexist" nor did she list examples.

what kind of females does she see in her day to day life I wonder

>childless woman
>failing at the one thing that your gender can do better
kek

>What film do you think upset her?

This stinker. Box office poison like Chastain have no standing to act like A list divas.

True or not, at least she voiced her opinion in a nice and eloquent way. The same cannot be said by the SJW beehive buzzing it around on social media, just look at the twitter feed below it. The sheer degeneracy...
My favorite part was some girl saying that she as a "WHITE WOMAN" tries to stay behind in her job so women of color can get more attention.

Now that is interesting, with that in mind we took another look at your script and would love to move forward after a couple of tweaks to your storyline.

These characters are great but...a little bland. you know what I mean? we were thinking you could throw some of your personal experiences and pain as a non-binary PoC into the script. maybe rewrite a character here and there and change the narrative a tad. make it kind of like a biopic but not. great talking with you. look forward to your next draft!

>What film do you think upset her?

Probably l'amant double by Ozon which is an erotic thriller with a lot of nude and sex scene.

>worse than Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace
Haha holy shit

I think that's bullshit. she watched all the Cannes movies but she won't call out which one she actually had a problem with.

Maybe that was her way of being 'polite' but now she has put a black cloud over the entire festival, and smeared tar on everyone there. Definitely not cool on her part.

this

he has a point though. people are always trying to force others to create a world they want. create your own world the way you think it should be dont bitch and moan abouth the state of things while you sit on your arse and do nothing.

Yes, and daily creampies until her stomach swells up.

When she's barefoot and pregnant, and you're spooning her in the garden hammock she'll be deprogrammed.

I read her bio and quotes from imdb, she's got insane daddy issues, that's why she is the way she is. If a man that she respects and loves told her the magic words for all daddy issue girls:
>"I'm so proud of you, I love you"
She'd probably start sobbing uncontrollably then wrap herself around him for 18 hours straight, followed by a proverbial honeymoon.

They did.

>eloquent way

Using the same meaningless buzz word salad. She doesn't name names she doesn't give constructive details.

Brave

bentonvillefilmfestival.com/about/
>BFF is a one of a kind annual event which will champion women and diversity in all aspects of entertainment media. With engaged entertainment industry leaders and major corporate sponsors, the Festival is positioned to deliver commercially viable solutions and initiatives to positively support content creation and distribution in support of our mission.
It's by Geena Davis/

I think how she defined the problem is quite clear, she said that in most movies female characters only react to events, and do not influence them, which I think, by itself, is true. On how to change that, well, fuck knows, but honestly I think there are a lot fewer good actresses who can pull it off than good actors.

>Black
>Write
False flagging faggot, FFF

I like Geena. She does things instead of whining in the media.

>40
>>no kids
>She has nice tits and a decent body tho, 7/10 cougar is her best

she is lesbian

true

>I read her bio and quotes from imdb, she's got insane daddy issues, that's why she is the way she is. If a man that she respects and loves told her the magic words for all daddy issue girls:

IMBD

what a idiot

I obviously haven't seen the current Cannes line up yet so I can't comment, but looking at the general film landscape nothing she says is wrong. Currently there's a wave of "smaller" movies (be it arthouse, independent, lower budget, whatever) that seem to have been attributed perceived "quality" simply because they aren't basic capeshit. However, most of these movies are just as flat, soulless, stupid, and filled with cardboard stock characters who go through formula plots as the big movies are. Most of the men in these films are generic and the women are either "brave and strong" simply because the movie tells us they are or they're absolutely fucking nothing.

In fact, I'd consider Miss Sloane a good example of that. In case you haven't seen it (you probably haven't, because almost nobody saw it and with good reason), it's a very bland movie that works as a "character study". I put that in quotes because everything is told to us instead of shown, and we never tread beyond the surface. The direction is pretty bad and everything is conveyed through dialogue. Never does the film try to communicate anything through the medium or tell something unique. If you've read the logline you've gotten everything from the film you could possibly get from it. You know everything and you've felt everything. Chastian is also unusually bad in it, but that might be due to the fact that the entire movie is quick-cut shot-reverse-shot dialogue and the actors don't have time to breathe (or at least aren't shown doing so).

so ruddy bloody brave

"Today's Blind Items - The Secret Life

>It's not very often that an Academy Award nominee can have such a secret life, but this actress has managed it. It is something she got from the rest of her family. Secrets were easy to keep on the family and no one talked to outsiders. No one except for a few people even know who the real father of our actress is. There are huge gaps missing in her life story and some of them are answered here. When our actress graduated from high school she had big dreams but ended up in a situation which saw her getting married to a high school sweetheart. Her life got put on a hold awhile before she could start her acting career full-time. She eventually did so and just when she thought everything was going great after her college graduation, she again had a setback. This time it was another relationship which she has never discussed. She never discusses any of her relationships. As far as anyone is concerned she has never even had a relationship. For a long time she had a relationship with a person she had met at school. This so dominated her life that for almost two years she was unable to really focus on acting. It was not until the relationship ended after two years that she got her big break. Because of the way relationships have messed up her career and her plans, she tries to avoid any kind of situation which could lead to a date or a relationship. She stays alone and has few friends. She refuses to let anyone really know her. She has friends only for the sake of saying she has friends, but they don't know anything about her either. If you ask her a question about any part of her life you will not get an answer, but instead, some kind of vague circling that sounds like an answer."

>31. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/03 **#1**
This A list mostly movie actress who is a multiple Academy Award nominee broke down crying for an hour after her latest film screening complaining about how lonely she is. Jessica Chastain ("Miss Sloane" Paris Premiere At UGC Normandy)

this

Are you sure this is about her? isn't she in a high profile relationship with some Italian royalty cunt?

>Jessica Chastain is on a mission to tackle Hollywood’s gender inequality:

>“I just don’t know why it’s not changing,” said the 39-year-old actress to American Way Magazine where she’s featured as the cover girl for their March 2017 issue. “I’m doing my part to make the change, so why isn’t everyone else?”

Ay lmao

>“I had one male director say to me that I talk too much about all of this ‘women stuff,’” she explained. “This is a person I love, and maybe he was concerned I would hurt my career. [...]"

Just like us

Holy fuck, she's a real life vigilante isn't she? That's her "Bruce Wayne" persona, but deep down she's the scourge of the Hollywood underworld, busting the nuts of one pedo at a time!.

>>feminists actually do something instead of bitching at men to do it for them.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

>Vegan-chef mother
> (February 5, 2013) Her estranged father, Michael Monasterio, passed away at age 55 due to complications from bronchitis.
>Had a younger sister, Juliet (b. 1978), who committed suicide in 2003.
>Salary:Take Shelter (2011) $100 a day

The thing that should upset her more is her complete lack of charism and screen presence, and ofc the fact that she's been in nothing except shitty oscar-bait prestige flicks

3rd wave feminists, you mean? 2nd wave mommyfus are actually doing stuff

Clearly the biggest threat to feminism and women today is their lack of representation at the Cannes film festival.

>“I had one male director say to me that I talk too much about all of this ‘women stuff,’”
Who do you think she's talking about here?

>Just like us

hahahaha hell no *sweats*

Lana Wachowski

Chastain is problematic as fuck.

>"I hope to be a mother some day but if it doesn't happen, other wonderful things will."

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/jessica-chastain-i-dont-stress-about-kids-29039259.html

Why didn't you knock her up Sup Forums? You could have saved her.

>nasty woman

Doesn't that word mean someone who drinks piss?

I thought everyone now knows Ron Howard is her dad

Okay, I didn't need to actually start feeling bad for her. what the fuck. at least she isn't Keanu.

>She said as she wears her $3000 pearly earrings meanwhile in Saudi Arabia women are beat with a stick
What did she mean by this?

>Had a younger sister, Juliet (b. 1978), who committed suicide in 2003.
Reminder that depression is genetic and that Jessica doesn't have much time left.

>constantly waving her tits and ass in everyones face while wearing her whore makeup and trying to get dicks hard for attention

What a stupid hypocritical cunt.

This is why Muslim men beat their women and make them wear burkas.

only when not fat
and she's fat most of the time, while Chastain is never fat
so Chastain takes it imo

This is what I don't understand, with this year being the most female participation so far, the jury being fairly progressive, and female directed films getting accolades. There have to be some specific things triggering her that she won't mention.

Naah she's a dope too.

seejane.org/

This guy has been dealing with nasty girls and women for decades.

it never says it is a man or a woman humm.

another user posted that she cried because she is lonely.

She migth be closer to miss aloane than I thought.

This. Women are nurturers. That's all they are. She dun goofed

Dat armpit hair

>Why didn't you knock her up Sup Forums? You could have saved her.

haha stop being stupid. women without kids live better

Shut the fuck up about my Charlyfu!

>>"gun control thriller"

lol even if you support gun control that sounds like the least exciting thing ever

>he has a point though. people are always trying to force others to create a world they want. create your own world the way you think it should be dont bitch and moan abouth the state of things while you sit on your arse and do nothing. I don't know what is up with coming into other people areas and telling them to do things your way. Isn't this a childhood established notion when you shouldn't stick your nose in other people business/ mind your own business.
Same with feminism social justice Warriors and people of color the whites are pushing as agenda.

fucked up my post abit; starts with 'i dont'

yeah tell that to incel women with no kids

>N-no-no I don't want a house with a garden and a husband who barbecues, couple's dinners and daughter/son who runs around and plays with their kid.

It's easier to complain than do something. She won't go on to do anything about this. She has however made herself more eligible for awards in the future, They like this sort of thing.

based Rocco

WEW lad how do we fix her?

>incel women
lol who cares about them
> also
> being able to afford a house in 2k17

>39-year-old actress
LMAO barren womb

Powerful

I should clarify. Incel women are women who haven't gotten laid in 6 months.

>$100 a day
That's bad?

>this is her sister who killed herself with a shotgun at 24
Why did she do it bros?

>their dad left to become a rockstar
wtf

Yes, kid, that's bad. You'll know when you leave you parents and get a job.

>dad left to be a rockstar
absolutely based desu

I'd destroy Jessica Chastain

The fuck? different dads? features all different

As far as Hollywood goes it's pretty low. However, it's not really "bad" since it's normal for actors to take lower salaries on smaller films. It's offset by how much money they get on their bigger projects.

Kant couldn't hold a candle against her.

He's a big name in the mineral collecting community.

I make more than that as a waiter.

>"sexist"

If she never used the word sexist why did you put it in quotes?