Irredeemable Storytime

Ulti-mate mentioned in one of his numerous storytimes that he was waiting for someone to storytime Irredeemable and Incorruptible. Since he's going to be wading through some of the worst garbage the Ultimate line had to offer tomorrow, and I downloaded both series on a whim... enjoy!

>wading through

What? He's gonna be doing Ultimatum, that alone deserves consolation.

One issue in, I'm already seeing the value of a Sup Forums pass. I miss letter/number captchas.

That third panel...

SO FUCKING EDGY. How can anyone like this shit?

As "Superman goes insane" stories go, it's not bad. Yes, some things are overly edgy, but really, if Superman snaps, he is going to grill a LOT of people.

Bump

I forget, we need to have text posts included now to bump threads, right?

I hate edgy stuff too but this was actually pretty good once I read it.

If you want something godawful and edgy then I recommend Supergod.

Yeah, Mark Waid is usually a solid writer, and these two series were varying degrees of good. (Though, ironically, I think he ends up doing exactly what Grant Morrison said this series proves he doesn't always do.)

And I liked Supergod. It wasn't the strongest of Ellis's books, but it wasn't a bad little story.

THANK YOU BASED OP!
It's seriously a life saver

Yeah, I broke down and got that after issue 2. So, I will probably be storytiming more things to justify getting it.

It was stupidly edgy, misanthropic, I hated it, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Nnnnnot the brightest move there.

i think you can opt into those type of captchas in settings

Ah, I take it back, that was kinda bright.

I love Warren Ellis, so my opinion is a bit biased, but I always thought even his bad work was still better than a lot of writers out there.

Maybe I'll do Planetary or Global Frequency as the next storytime.

Careful, that's how I ended up doing the entire Ultimate Universe

Ellis is one of my favorite writers and I really enjoyed Supergod as well as No Hero, but I felt Black Gas 2 by him was one of the worst things I've ever read because of those descriptors you listed, so be sure to stay the fuck away from that series. Even if you don't like the themes, you can at least say Supergod had some interesting designs, right? Well Black Gas has jack shit going for it.

Both excellent choices, I'd go with Global Frequency because I don't hear it brought up as much here as the former and it'll be easier since its shorter and the stories are self contained for the most part.

Lllllliar.