I'll admit, despite all of TFA's problems, and there are many, JJ knows how to direct a movie unlike most today

I'll admit, despite all of TFA's problems, and there are many, JJ knows how to direct a movie unlike most today

Plenty of technical skill, no heart or imagination.

But he directed the most glib facsimile ever to exist

With out a doubt, he knows how to make money.

ayup

Definitely describes JJ well. Even though has a soft spot for Star Wars, his attempt at a Star Wars movie is an empty shell, without any philosophical or mythos presented in Lucas's tries.

Easy to focus on photography when you don't have to worry about minor things like story or character development

Unless you prevent him to mess the screenplay

His films are garbage, no redeeming qualities unless you think mindless action scenes, explosion and cgi overload is great cinema. WHy does Michael Bay gets such a bad reputation, and this fucktard gets away with it?

Don't kid yourself. JJ sucks at filming character interaction and directing actors, too.

I don't get it either. Michael Bay is literally a better director than JJ Abrams, not that that's saying much.

Because JJ at least know how to put a camera without overtaking the field and shit.

> philosophical mythos
lol Star Wars was popular because it's the first normie friendly action scifi popcorn flic as opposed to shit like 2001 at the time it was The Avengers GOTG of its era

>snapzooms and lensflares

how about no

Though I'd like to see how he directs a movie that doesn't lean entirely on sfx.

This so much.

JJ fucking sucks. Most of his projects have been forgotten (member Super 8? me neither). And TFA is just another one of his disasters.

Everything moved too fast for it's own good, I barely understood if the dynamic of the Empire/Rebels is the same with the First Order/Rebels, and even when the First Order blew up a entire solar system (wtf) we had no connection to said system at all.

The camera work in Force Awakens was horrendous. It is constantly moving around, shoving faces into the screen, there are no fixed shots. It's like this moron has no idea where to put the camera. And I notice most of the scenes are filmed only from one angle which makes it feel fake, you can feel the camera crew presence on set.

one thing that always bothers me about his work is that, i guess in order to inject 'heart' or 'emotion' into his sterile films, he has the characters do absolutely balls-to-the-wall impossiblely unlikely things

like in star trek where they beamed someone up despite spock knowing there was a '99.8 percent chance of failure' or w/e

he's so emotionally dead inside he can't realize shit like that just makes it seem even more plastic

smugface mcpenisnose

>normie friendly
The Force, Yoda's/Obiwans/Jedis philosophical lessons. Its in the main saga. TFA was devoid of it and was normie-fied.

Did you know that JJ Abrams is a jew?