Duke Thomas is a better character than both Tim and Damian. Try to prove me wrong

Duke Thomas is a better character than both Tim and Damian. Try to prove me wrong.

WE

he's black

WUZ

A lot more people can relate to him more than a fucking ninja-boy that's for sure.

Things would be different if he was quirky nigger girl.

ROBBING

Honestly from the way Duke talks to Bruce about their heroing and the fact that King is writing this, it's looking like Duke is going to be more of an agent/operative of Bruce's than an adopted son. It's like the Robin mantle is saved for Bruce's "children" while the others get their own thing

He's Miles done right.

Bruce and Duke tree training was the best part of the new issue.

No argument here. Though, he's not better than Tim at his peak. But Tim's been shit (with the occasional bright spot) for more than a decade, so I'm all aboard the Duke train.

>Tim Drake
>TD
>Duke Thomas
>DT
Hmmm

Tim has been pretty god-awful these past ten years.

But New 52 isn't Tim

Hush.

I think he turned out to be the biggest casualty of Identity Crisis in the long run. Killing Jack Drake just utterly derailed Tim.

Tim Drake was kind-of written into a corner. Like no writer knew really what to DO with him it feels like.

Duke's barely been around as long as Tim and he's already more relevant.

Didio wanted Tim to replace Dick. He didn't understand the batfamily and he was asking for trouble. Fuck it, who cares. Tim is shit. Viva la Duke.

And Damian will do well. Super Sons has so much hype behind it.

Damian's feats kept getting more and more outlandish. There's no point in having him be a child might as well introduce him as a teen. I'm never worried about Damian. I know he's never in any actual danger. Isn't he enhanced?

>I'm never worried about Damian. I know he's never in any actual danger.
Damian had his back broken and needed his spine replaced.
Damian was beat to a bloody mess and ran through with a sword and needed to be resurrected on Apokalips.
All this before his 13th birthday.

What are you even talking about?

I like Damian, but I think Duke has a lot of potential.

Yeah no crap he's not a NiggerRobin. There was absolutely nothing to suggest that he would be, but the media ran with it because they're obsessed with race

I hope Duke die-

I like that his parents are technically still alive. I hope we still see them as opposed to Nu52 Tim's that are in perfect health but decided to leave him with a complete stranger.

Can we just have Tim stop being shit?

He was literally killed before

so how was "we are robin"? I never read it but it looks neat.

In We Are Robin he was pretty cool....on Snyder's Batman, not so much.

Lee Bermejo should be the one running Tec :(

It's okay, nothing outstanding, but not bad.

What does Tommy Elliot have to do with this?

Is he dead? So user was right. Damian will always come back. He's in no danger ever. He's like the Wolverine of the Bat-Family. Bad guys can slice him up and he'll be okay in the end.

I'm happy to try. I don't think he's a bad character, but I'm curious why you feel this way. You stated a thesis with no evidence to support it. If you could elaborate a bit more. I'd be willing to take a shot, unless I find your argument compelling, and come to an agreement with you.

. He's like the Wolverine of the Bat-Family.
This!

Op here. Damian was an infallible, lethal weapon ninja-boy. Tim was a boring natural born boy genius detective. Both are boring characters with no depth beyond "I always win cause hurr league of assassins training" and "I'm always right even though I haven't been relevant in close to ten years". Duke is actually interesting because he wasn't a natural born prodigy. He's earning all this shit.

>new IP
>OP here
Cute.

This

I think it's in the top 3 of DCYou. Personal opinion.

>. Duke is actually interesting because he wasn't a natural born prodigy. He's earning all this shit.
FUCK YOU NIGGER

Not as good as I hoped it would be, but still enjoyable and worth reading I think.

He shits on YGO.
NOT MUH ROBIN

I'd rather Tim just stop. Like for him to watch himself get replaced constantly and just go "You know what, maybe super-heroing isn't for me."

And then he can become a cop, just like Dick was for a while.

Who the fuck is duke Thomas and where in New 52 does he steal something from Batman?

damn.. came here to say that.

>infallible, lethal weapon ninja-boy
Damian is getting his ass kicked since the beginning of New 52

> Duke is actually interesting because he wasn't a natural born prodigy. He's earning all this shit
why would batman even want a normal kid in such a dangerous path? I think he learned from Jason that he can't do that.

Batman is cunt,

>Damian was an infallible
Damian was plenty fallible. He was an arrogant compassionless, piece of shit who was so unlikable from the get go, that people refused to follow up on his character arc since his introduction. It's a problem too because we've come to find out that he was quite vulnerable, and traumatized by his upbringing provided by his mother. Since leaving her, he has chosen to be the person he wants to be who while still arrogant on the outside, has chosen to take responsibility for the sins he committed as the heir apparent of the League of Assassins. Duke has undergone tragedy is the loss of his parents, but Damian has undergone comparable loss in that his parents are still alive and well, and yet so toxic that he questions growing into an anything like them and has recently begun doing things on his own, even developing tactics that assume his parents predispositions to being shitty in general.
>Duke is actually interesting because he wasn't a natural born prodigy.
I know you're Batman, Bruce.
How?
Reasons.
He's just as much of a writer's pet character as anyone else. He is compelling and likable, but Tim being described as a child prodigy who sleuthed and deduced Batman's secret identity and argued that Batman needed a Robin is more compelling than "I know you're Batman because I know, and I'm gonna be the next hatchling in the sidekick birdhouse because Scott Snyder really likes me."

My prediction; They going to kill this nergro the first chance they have so Bruce can brood about it.

>killing a black sidekick
>current year
kek

They just killed War Machine.

I really liked how Duke was written in Robin War, so I'm looking forward to King's run.

Right after Captain Hydra? Oh boy.

Duke has never been shirtless.

Tim and Damian have been shirtless dozens of times and they're way younger than him. So what's his excuse?

Janin will be back for the second arc, so just you wait. I don't trust Finch with shirtless scenes.

>So what's his excuse?
Duke probably has a lot of ingrown chest hairs...because he is black.

I'm more than sure they elaborated how Duke knows Bruce is batman

That's because anger makes marvel stronger

Anger just makes DC weaker

If you know, I'd love to be educated, because I remember the storytime of the issue Duke told Bruce, and none of had any clue. I also remember the storytimes since then, and don't recall it being covered there, or during Robin War either.

Either Alfred or Alfred's daughter told him I think. Don't quote me though.

Well now I know why Bruce chose him, they have that in common.

He like his negro cock.

Any particular book or issue, you might recall having read either of them just cavalierly giving away one of the most protected secrets in the DCU to a complete stranger? Alfred admittedly does it in the case of pussy, to help facilitate Bruce get his rocks off, but Julia? Don't recall her saying anything beyond telling Gordon that she worked with Batman while he was in the bunny suit.

Alright then, wait we shall.

He needs to be a private detective. The person who deserves to be a cop is Barbara Gordon.

Duke is great. Can anyone actually give a reason why they dislike besides race?

I agree that he's better than Tim. His justification for wanting to be a hero seems far more believable and authentic then hurr I'm a rich Batman fan.

Duke is Cancer.

His family saved him during Zero Year
His parents were one of the people that got perma Joker'd during Endgame
He was doing Batesque shit during BatGordon era

Tim was rich?

His dad was.

Bump

duke actually feels new which kinda helps sell the whole reboot thing

It's a race thing.

Do enough people even like War Machine for anger over his death to do anything?

oh Tumblr pls.

Yep, one of Gotham's wealthiest families.

Characterfaggotry

Damian got the same reaction when he first showed up because of Timfags

I like Duke, I can see why others don't like him but not why anyone would hate him.

Hey, OP. I don't know a damm thing about Duke Thomas. Sell him to me.

Not OP but Duke is pretty good when paired up with another character.

It was good, and could have been better if Robin War hadn't taken up so much time.
The last arc introducing the Jokerz had me really interested.

Fine, name another reason. If it's something as whiny as "he's annoying", please state the issues he did something you found annoying.

This. Too bad noone has those threads saved.

I don't doubt that Damian was immensly hated when he was first introduced as there are still many people who dislike him.

However there was one crucial difference in Damian's debut that "saved" his characterization: he was hated basically by everyone on page.

The first time we were introduced to Duke was specifically to show how much of a child prodigy Duke was

What? He's just some street kid.

When was that? I only remember him in Zero Year

Please read comics before posting about comics.