North Korea: U.S. crossed 'red line', declared war

"PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea’s top diplomat for U.S. affairs told The Associated Press on Thursday that Washington “crossed the red line” and effectively declared war by putting leader Kim Jong Un on its list of sanctioned individuals, and said a vicious showdown could erupt if the U.S. and South Korea hold annual war games as planned next month."

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/07/28/north-korea-united-states-relations/87659264/

Is this it, Sup Forums? Or is NK, once again, trying to act tough by declaring war on the US for the X-gorillionth time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzpMhNXKt4E
aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/north-korea-sanctions-declaration-war-160707195621342.html¨
foxnews.com/world/2016/07/07/north-korea-us-sanctions-amount-to-declaration-war.html
iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/flipping-the-north-koreans-off/
youtube.com/watch?v=t6qF5NU-ehU
youtube.com/watch?v=k0KdXM2nEsU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fags, get in here. Dump opinions.

>Sup Forums once again opts to shitpost instead of actual discussion

NKBK

Nothing will happen like always.

> NK actually doing something

It always turns into "We will start all out war! ... well unless you send us food"

>Empty threats from the DPRK
>newsworthy

Well it's preferable to firing all the northern artillery until SK is flat.

Not happening. Never happening.

Haven't they technically been at war for ages? No peace treaty was signed with the US or South Korea. I might be wrong but isn't declaring war during a ceasefire a bit redundant?

stop posting this shit nothing is happening

NOTHING

They didn't declare war on the US. They're saying the US declared war on them because of the sanctions.

All this false talks of nothing ? korea will be doing take their threat serious now dont underestimate the korean peoples will and powerful armed force

youtube.com/watch?v=mzpMhNXKt4E

I wish a nigga would

True

NK is about posturing to its citizens. It's probably embarrassed the "news" is getting out of the country.

OPERATION 《 FIERY COURTYARD 》 WILL BE SOON WESTERN DEVILS

This is not Twitter, stop thinking this is the real deal.

They always say this. Sabre rattling is the only way they stay afloat. They'd get their shit wrecked by the US military in two weeks. China is increasingly displeased with them as the years go on, so it's possible that one day, a ruler of the House of Kim will wake up on the business end of an American drone strike. Obama is a pussy and even HE ain't scared of these slopes.

Okay, but this time NO CANDY in the MREs

I kinda don't understand if DPRK is a real threat or not. Is it just a meme that Kim Jong Un is genuinely capable of starting a massive war.

THEY ARE BIGGEST MILITARY FORCE IN THE KOREA. US HAS NUKES YES BUT YOU CANT USE NUKES OR BIG INTERNATIONAL LASHBACK.

KOREA WIN CONVENTIONAL WAR WITHOUT INTERVENSION. US WONT HELP BECAUSE OTHER POWERS WILL MAKE WAR EXPAND

The North Korean government needs to be decapitated by China. It's getting a little old that every year the norks pull this shit. They are holding another country hostage with the threat of artillery bombardment, threatening to drop nuclear weapons on Japan, and threatening all out war with the United States.

China should do something, or the United States must. Fucking destroy the government, set up another one where the people don't have to starve to death while a chubby manlet runs around like a nutball.

>Or is NK, once again, trying to act tough by declaring war on the US for the X-gorillionth time?
Obviously

Its the same bs as always why would u even post about it ?

To hear opinions and probably scoop in some Kim Jong Un memes, faggot

SK would flatten NK even without US intervention

Every year when we do our annual exercise with SK the north makes threats. Nothing has ever happened

Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un declares an unprecedented Double War on the Imperialistic United States. Adding the new declaration on top of the already existing state of war.

It's only going to drum up Trump support because NK takes Trump seriously and actually announced plans to have a sit down talk with him about possible peaceful solutions. Weird what happens when you don't have a mouthy nigger in chief or cunt for pres.

this declaration happened almost a month ago.

aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/north-korea-sanctions-declaration-war-160707195621342.html¨

yet pathetic westerners act like it happened yesterday.

they sunk a SK ship a few years back

Blah blah blah who cares. All North Korea does is talk tough and wag their fist. They're a meme country and that's all they'll ever be.

foxnews.com/world/2016/07/07/north-korea-us-sanctions-amount-to-declaration-war.html

source with date

Nothing will happen. You'd think after 20 times of this happening you'd understand that North Korea just likes to talk shit.

So fucking what? It's like a whimpy nerd picking a fight with a 6'5" football player.

Don't forget the US Navy Imperial Flagship Battleship USS George "Western Decadence" Washington captured single handedly by the glorious leader himself when he swam to pearl harbour and beat the entire crew in a knife fight for it

I have never seen a more stupid and uneducated strategy that the video you posted is suggesting.

oh, the Pueblo

i laugh every time i see that picture of the american soldiers just flipping them off while the north koreans had no idea what it meant

Blah blah blah
Nothing will happen

Kek, I don't know about this, I was just shit posting

Are they out of food again hoping to beg more of it from US and south korea?

iconicphotos.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/flipping-the-north-koreans-off/

If war ever does kick off again, the first thing we should do is vaporize that ship with a couple of cruise missiles.

I thought we've been at war with each other since the korean war?

Brilliant

Hawaiian good luck symbol hahah

Fuck time magazine for whistleblowing though!

Post the one where it shows how Americans are starving and live off eating snow.

How we manage to remain so rotund on a diet of snowcones is a mystery that continues to perplex dear leader.

Ice has more volume than water obviously

Realistically speaking, how long would NK be able to actually shell South Korea until the US and the South had eliminated all of the NK artillery? Especially considering SK and the US know exactly where all the batteries are thanks to spy planes and satellites. They're probably already all pre-sighted as well, I'd imagine.

Maybe 30-40 minutes tops? I wonder how hard SK would be fucked by the millions of North Korean refugees piling in.

seoul will be rubbles for sure , they have most of their artillery pièces pointed on it and NK have the most artillery of any world army

North Korea has twice has many people as South Korea in the armed forces. They have the 4th largest army in the world, the 6th largest navy,and the 6th largest air force. They would wipe the floor with South Korea

>seoul will be rubbles for sure
Nope.
Most of their artillery isn't there and even if it was they don't have the logistic capacity to supply it so it could turn Seoul into a rubble.
On top of that counter-battery fire and aviation would quickly silence those guns.
NK is the mother of paper tigers. Only reason that regime still survives is because China wouldn't like US bases so near Beijing and because it would be to expensive to integrate NK into SK.

youtube.com/watch?v=t6qF5NU-ehU
The poor, the lonely, and the homosexual americans.

I think the bigger nightmare would be having to go in and route them all out of the millions of bunkers and tunnels they have built. That war of attrition could take years and millions of dead US kids blown up by booby traps, we would pull out in months and let them rot.

topkek

You're forgetting the fact that they barely have any ammunition for their soviet era weaponry and their gooks "warriors" are malnourished because fat chink thought building a dam was a good idea which in turn flooded NK's farms and killed all the crops.

>I wonder how hard SK would be fucked by the millions of North Korean refugees piling in.
it would probably cause an economic collapse

let's not forget that the average nork can't even read south korean from what i've heard

tfw its monkey island being angry

Size doesn't really mean alot in actual combat effectiveness though I'd imagine. Especially with their outdated equipment and weapons and lack of munitions for said weapons

those positions near the dmz seem numerous enough to get quite a blow on seoul before any response

>forgetting that a gorrilian soldeirs doesnt mean jack shit if you have air and land vehicle superiority.

Pro-tip: that's not how things work. Get educated about this shit, and come here in 4-5 years when you have nailed the basics.
NK is a big joke. They were a threat in past when they had at least some Soviet and Chinese support, now no one gives them anything, their army is like the Soviet one in 60's.

But globalism, right guys? We should build bridges not walls! Who cares how much it costs? Our grand kids will pay for it.

JBLM infantryman here.

It's likely that nothing will happen, like always, but when it actually happened our command team passed down the alert directly to almost every soldier, which is unusual of them to do.

>gooks "warriors" are malnourished
The famine ended in the 90s

North Korea has a larger air force than South Korea and far more artillery and anti-tank artillery, so they have superiority there too

>barely have any ammunition

Sounds like BS

The Soviet Army from the 60s would beat nearly every modern army, so I'm not sure how that's a criticism

They cry about "declarations of war" all the time.

Literally anything the US does is an act of war to those malnourished mountain gooks.

Yet they were the ones who axed two US Army officers to death over a fucking tree.

That's nothing, Seoul is a huge city, sure they could kill thousands of people but nothing more.
They lack the basic thing necessary for prolonged bombardment, ammo, and they lack the means to transport that ammo, as I said.
South Korean army is pretty good by the way, they would wipe the floor with most of European armies, let alone an army of starved unmotivated masses riding around in Soviet APC's from 50's.

also the dmz area is a hell hole of artillery , AA guns , tunnels and probably entranched bunkers with anti-tanks and machine guns
and the capital is defended by a shitton of AA missiles and gun batteries

I agree that they can take South Korea but it will never happen because the US would intervene and smear their yellow asses. You're soviet army statement is ridiculous though. If that were true Russia would be the worlds superpower instead of the USA today

>Yet they were the ones who axed two US Army officers to death over a fucking tree.

Would you like it if North Korean troops and nukes were in Mexico ready to strike at any moment?

so deluded. The famine ended in the 90s and on every metric except having shiny plastic new guns North Korea wins

Reminder that North korea captured a USA ship named ''Pueblo''

youtube.com/watch?v=k0KdXM2nEsU

We want our ship back usa, if so wall will get 10ft taller

The quality of equipment counts for a lot, if I had 200,000 spitfires, a couple of F-14's could wipe the floor with my airforce

It's fun to paint NK as this dangerous nation that could start a huge war at any moment, it's the Hollywood perspective,

Like another user said, the bigger issue would be digging them out of the rat warrens or its own people starving to death.

>The Soviet Army from the 60s would beat nearly every modern army, so I'm not sure how that's a criticism
This man must be trolling.

There would be no reason that would cause the USA to abandon SK.

All South Korea would have to do is blast K-pop across the border and they would instantly win.

Meh, this is a non-event

Seoul would take a fair amount of damage, but NK couldn't take SK. They can't even maintain their nation in peacetime

>they can take South Korea
No they can't. They would maybe advance few kilometers before getting pulverized.

the week we've been having, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if USA went to war with NK out of fucking nowhere

it really wouldn't

the main threat of N Korea is that they have tons of artillery (both tube and rocket) to kill tens to 100,000s of south Koreans.

They declare war every weekend. Hell America is still at "war" with them because after the Korean War they never made a peace treaty or any of that shit

It's a little late in the year for North Korea to be pulling this type of stuff

Usually it happens around February - May

>US would intervene and smear their yellow asses

Yeah, just like they did last time

And the USSR collapsed because of internal struggles, not because of a weak military

The planes the North Koreans have are more advanced than spitfires. and the famine ended in the 90s

Nope, it would.

If a non-warmonger gets elected in the USA that might

They also have a strong navy and airforce and army that people don't realise exists

Plus they might have nukes

Depends, does HIllary get elected?

Because if you go with her, you're going to see North Korean fireworks.

Which will it be Sup Forums, Trump or Happenings?

most of the footage we have from the north korean airforce taken since 2000 show them still using MIG-21's

They do on a regular basis

>Telling the enemy your plans

Why does everyone take everything so literally?

I wasn't suggesting they had squadrons of spitfires or their equivalent, I was making an example.

The point is NK equipment is horribly outdated

And a war would easily create another widespread famine

They could still put up a very good fight, especially as they outnumber South Korea's airforce. An F-14 won't be able to do shit against 3 planes from the 60s, plus of course all the ground based AA cannons

NK has the largest military in the world. Granted, it is the 1950's fighting the 1990's but NK can human wave itself to Seoul.

The only reason SK exists to this day is because the US has B2 bombers sitting less than 3 hours away in Guam, and untold number of Boomers floating around the NK coast.

NK could wipe SK off the map if it was 1 on 1. The only thing that keeps NK at bay is knowing the US could wipe NK off the map just as easily

>And the USSR collapsed because of internal struggles, not because of a weak military

So fucking what? "internal struggles" are a sign of weak leadership. Quality leadership is required for any strong military to succeed. You can have the superior firepower and superior manpower but without the leadership you're fucked. You're talking out of your ass, Ahmed.

NK a bunch of cuck bitches

Yet they are still throwing tantrums for food aid.

Doesn't mean shit if all the planes in the Air Force are outdated, inferior, and constantly falling apart. They would have artillery superiority if they could actually learn how to shoot.

Think about it. One of the largest armies in the world, in one of the most impoverished nations. If I recall, the USSR ran into a similar problem in WW2. Millions of conscripts, each one given a rifle and five rounds in defense of Moscow. Sure, they could be getting ammo from the Chinese, but the industrial output for weapons in NK alone is meager at best.

>The Soviet Army from the 60s would beat nearly every modern army
What kind of claim is that? Go be a slavaboo elsewhere, you NEET commie faggot.

>have are more advanced than spitfires
They theoretically have around 80 ''modern'' fighters, and by theoretically I mean that they probably don't have enough spare parts to fly most of them.
They literally still fly MiG-17's and MiG-19's, and Chinese copies on top of that.

I don't think you understand how much technology has advanced in 50 years

Numbers mean nothing if you're enemy is well defended, far more advanced and has solid logistics, in strong contrast to your supply

More sabre rattling.

What people fail to realize is that the Kims don't make threats like this to gain the attention of international leaders. They do it to control their population. The Kims know if they ever went to war, they'd lose miserably. However, they also know that America would never declare war on them based on words alone. They do this so they appear strong to their people. They can say they threatened America and the capitalist cowards backed off because they are too weak. The Kims are very good at keeping their peons in line.