Syria General /sg/ - I can smell toast Edition

Links updated for July 27
! Help us updated Syria tl:dr > syriagenerals.wordpress.com/syria-tldr/

>Visit us @ syriagenerals.wordpress.com/
>YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UCSelGrgxKyKFrugrfns3FBA/
>Twitter twitter.com/SyriaGeneral

Developments JULY 27
>Syria rebels prevent civilians from leaving Aleppo: monitor
>Syrian Army begins evacuation of rebel-held eastern Aleppo, escape corridors for militants and civilians announced
>Islamic State executes 24 civilians in neighborhood near Manbij
>Advanced Russian spy plane arrives in Syria (“Tupolev Tu-214R”)
>Al-nursa to rebrand itself and “break away” from Al-qaeda in hopes to gain western support
>Nusra leader reveals himself alongside infamous Al-Qaeda official
>Syrian Army begins new military operation in East Ghouta
>Ruthless US airstrike massacres 25+ civilians in northern Aleppo
>Rapid ISIS offensive endangers SDF buffer zone around Manbij city
>Israeli drone fires at Syrian Army in the Golan Heights
>Syrian Armed Forces carry out special operation to avenge the beheaded boy in northern Aleppo
>Houthi forces kill American mercenary in Yemen
>Houthi forces surround key capital city in northern Yemen

>NEW SOUTHFRONT 29 July
youtube.com/watch?v=iEuS8BXNRE0

>Newest Interviews with Assad
youtu.be/kb_Lq1VrTxM
youtu.be/VynWkRJPoeY

PERMANENT MAPS
>Live hohol with ticker
syria.liveuamap.com/
>Interactive military map
militarymaps.info/
>Syria conflict map
cartercenter.org/syria-conflict-map/
> Syria Civil war
www.edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html

RECENT MAPS
>Aleppo City July 28
mediafire.com/convkey/8839/rhgnifzmfdy4875zg.jpg
>Darayaa july 28
media.almasdarnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/5656565-2.jpg
>Latakia July 22
i.imgur.com/1doRpBd.jpg

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/16PNMVfWYaM
youtu.be/WMx4y-OjVDk
youtu.be/LuvG2sAGshU
youtu.be/s5B3zzeood4
syriagenerals.wordpress.com/syria-tldr/
youtube.com/watch?v=IUidFZyr9ck
youtu.be/sTSqfepAVS4
nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html
almasdarnews.com/article/nusra-leader-reveals-alongside-infamous-al-qaeda-official/
youtu.be/xGpYQkpJBTU
youtu.be/JGniu5iLrT4?t=8
youtu.be/lTAs0T0pq-g
abc.net.au/news/2016-07-30/un-seeks-control-of-russian-'death-corridors'-in-syria/7674422
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/25/are-north-koreans-fighting-in-syria-its-not-as-far-fetched-as-it-sounds/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo-xUZ9AQ0
al-monitor.com/pulse/ru/contents/articles/originals/2015/10/syria-turkey-right-groups-accused-kurds-rojava-of-war-crimes.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zVqcmgAtjp8
1001iraqithoughts.com/2016/05/10/the-kurds-everything-you-didnt-know-the-plight-of-the-assyrians/
drrichswier.com/2016/04/27/exclusive-interview-assyrian-christians-battle-kurds-in-syria/
lmgtfy.com/?q=kurd arab war crimes#seen
web.archive.org/web/20160417030047/https://www.amnesty.org/en/press-releases/2015/10/syria-us-allys-razing-of-villages-amounts-to-war-crimes/
archive.is/KGmVY
youtu.be/LlOzoCHaNeM
aina.org/news/20150621131101.htm
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/dec/24/iraq-minorities-assyrians
assyriatv.org/2016/07/kurdish-massacres-assyrians-history/
globalresearch.ca/why-a-kurdish-enclave-in-syria-is-a-very-bad-idea/5519109
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/18/syrian-kurds-accused-of-ethnic-cleansing-and-killing-opponents/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EXPLOSION!

Developments JULY 27

should be July 29... i just fucked that part up as news are from today .... don't shoot!

Which map, Darayya, Aleppo, or somewhere else?

From levant ?

I clap instead

Rebel factions in Al Bab area of Aleppo announce the formation of a unified military command
youtu.be/16PNMVfWYaM
WTF? I thought that Al Bab is under ISIS control.

Aleppos to date map. I saw yesterday some movements and i want to see it updated.

What image software do you use?
Is there a standard watermarque template we can use? Do we need to create one? We can host them on a page on wordpress. Let me take a look at whats available...

>Movement
There is preparation for a kafr hamra offensive; I wouldn't know of anything else.

nth for White Swan

the hacker know as four chan strikes again

stay put imma lurck

this one has posted by "revolutionary" not beheaders and "islamic" not terrorists

>West use Kurds to oust Assad
Oh this is definitely on the books. Assad is aware of it, Turkey is aware of it as are Iran and Iraq.
And there you have the issue. All four nations that have Kurds living in their land do not want to see any of them succeed in creating an independent Kurdish state. As much as Iran and Turkey may not like each other, they will work together to stop the Kurds from founding Kurdistan. Because they know that an independent Kurdish state, even if it is only in Syria, is going to be supporting Kurds in the other nation to declare independence and join them too.

This is why Western support for the Kurds is basically playing with fire. Turkey does not like it one bit. They happen to be the nation with the largest Kurdish population and also over the widest area. An area that they have been building up with hydro-electric dams to power the central regions of Turkey. IE not something they wish to lose anytime soon.

You can bet your ass that if the West gets the Kurds to declare war on Assad and start calling themselves Kurdistan, that Turkey will quickly become an ally of Syria in the fight against Kurds. Iraq being a US puppet might not join right away, but if their Kurds get uppity, they certainly will. And meanwhile Iran will support Assad all the way.

The smart move to play for the West is to at most call for some increased autonomy like the Kurds have in Iraq and no more. That reduces revenue from taxes and resources in Kurdish lands for the government in Damascus, without starting a war. It's not the best solution, but it is the only one they can get.

Could just write a little script
something around:

from wand.image import Image

with Image(filename='background.jpg') as background:
with Image(filename='watermark.png') as watermark:
background.watermark(image=watermark, transparency=0.75)
background.save(filename='result.jpg')

Fifth group of graduates from Jaish al Aza during their graduation ceremony in Hama countryside
youtu.be/WMx4y-OjVDk
>waaah pitun pls bomb it!1!

Your favourite
Sham Legion destroying a T-72 on Castillo road front with a TOW ATGM
youtu.be/LuvG2sAGshU

No map on aleppo today, just some livemap screens

Sham legion destroyed regime ammunition transport on Castillo road front with Holy TOW ATGM
youtu.be/s5B3zzeood4

couldn't have put it better myself

ahh i can see the new refugees to Germany coming along well

Nth for the Kurds!

syriagenerals.wordpress.com/syria-tldr/

also this! help us out

youtube.com/watch?v=IUidFZyr9ck
krg is fucking cancerous, so is pyd

that picture! +1

Al Rahman Corps targeting a group of Regime forces in E. Ghouta
youtu.be/sTSqfepAVS4

I heard Al Quds today revenged idiots who cut off the head of a child, there is some information on this?

Just a daily reminder.

I loved this one best of all:
>HOOMANGUY-1 ptsJun 11When Sup Forums is better than NSA and CIA combined. From the simpsons movie: WE finally found someone we were looking for! Whoho!

>Nusra leader reveals himself alongside infamous Al-Qaeda official
Is this because he wants attention and be remembered?

>ahh i can see the new refugees
Syrian and Iraqi refugees are mostly alawi and shia deserters.

Always wanted to ask you what is olgino?

Yeah, no. More like sunnis who did not want to be drafted to fight against their "moderate rebel" sunni Syrian friends.

You even can't translate this shit, stfu stupid Ivan.

nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html

John Kerry

>Humanitarian corridors are probably a ruse

>youtu.be/WMx4y-OjVDk
It actually seems to be filmed at a site. looks the same - no power lines tho, just that thick telephone line running overhead. Wait a minute is it just outtakes from our airstrike video?

almasdarnews.com/article/nusra-leader-reveals-alongside-infamous-al-qaeda-official/

He thinks he dindu nuffin and that with the rebranding everything will be washed away

>A PSA from /sg/:

If you don't have 4chanX, here's how to avoid having to read the eye-cancer-causing posts by our autistic visitor from 2ch/po [pic related]

Russian Troll Fabric.Anyway, this retard mentioned Olgino for each person which opinion doesn't coincide with his one.

that is good

>The smart move to play for the West is to at most call for some increased autonomy like the Kurds have in Iraq and no more. That reduces revenue from taxes and resources in Kurdish lands for the government in Damascus, without starting a war. It's not the best solution, but it is the only one they can get.
Problem is any acknowledgement of different sects controlling different land is to Syria a death sentence and an ousting of Assad.

Kurds get it? Druze will ask for it. Then the Alawis. Then the Christians.

Do you see why Assad can't allow these land thieves (Turds) to take any Syrian land at all?

>FSA fighter raises dogs to help in the defense of the city of Aleppo
youtu.be/xGpYQkpJBTU

Al Rahman Corps sniper takes out a regime sniper in Jobar neighbourhood of Damascus
youtu.be/JGniu5iLrT4?t=8

nice, the rebels are getting BTFO everyday since russia started bombing them

Thanx! Tbh I don't even see how this is not normal... every country that understands the power of media will promote propaganda.. and all the media is propaganda. I'm pretty sure there is a group like this people in each country that work's on a local scale, and those bigger players, usa, russia play on the world stage... I'd be hard to say one country does not have this group of people. Even we here on Sup Forums, if we group 10 dedicated people we can make a hoax seem real. I think Sup Forums proved it's power when they shitpost on feminists and all the other crap...

Hell, 5 Argentinian guys are trending #prayforargentina right now.

Holy shit the Kurds really are the biggest scum in the world. I can't believe this. They are like kikes on steroids and twice as ugly.

They're trying to do the same thing in Qamishli. Every few days they fire on Assyrian police officers.

Holy shit I really wish someone drops a nuke on the kurds for what they've done to the Assyrian Christian people

oh my f- geez...

my sides are hurting after that

"I can smell toast" with the Assad laughing image

...we burn the bakery... we make toast

Totally looking like something Slav with 500$ pay would eat.

Can relate.

so our website still uses the twitter account. So does this count. otherwise mobile twitter users with access are the only ones who can help. also I thought our email began with an f

I get this message when I try log in to the twitter

Help us keep your account safe.

Verify your identity by entering the email address associated with your Twitter account.

Why am I being asked for this information?

Hint: fn************@d********.***

Ahrar al Sham firing a Malyutka (!) ATGM at a group of regime forces in Daraa
Not only the Houthis know how to use it.
youtu.be/lTAs0T0pq-g

Like I said. It's the best the West could hope for. Because it doesn't start a war right away. And it weakens the revenue and authority of the government as you so neatly highlight.
The goal is to set up a state that is doomed to fail, much like post-Saddam Iraq is. It took ISIS basically cleaning house for Baghdad to get it's shit into order.

483$, ruble rate strengthened slightly today

What can we do about this? can't you lie and say you forgot your email?

Oooh those delicious Russian liberal tears. Feed them to me. I can use them to enhance my island drink.

they should visit the K thread, they will find like minded people there

Just read
>zKERLi48
's posts. He's plenty salty, if you feel like a margarita.

dog good night guards, you can sleep well if they are close, they make noise for any suspicious rustle.

is castello restaurant accepting reservations yet?

what's the reason.. any happening?

am i the only one who supports the moderate north korean freedom fighters

kek wills it

>Kurds get it? Druze will ask for it. Then the Alawis. Then the Christians.
Kurd is an ethnical group, Druze, Alawi and Christians are religious groups.

Oh yeah I know about the one Russian liberal that keeps joining these threads. He really must not have anything better to do with his life. I am just amused that they screencapped my posts and posted them on their own board.

The truth hurts them.

Boris Nemtsov was killed by the Russian mafia because like every liberal politician that rose to power in the 90s. He was a crook and after getting ousted out of office he made the foolish mistake of loaning money from them and not paying them back.

And now we play the waiting game.

You're so early today today, something happened?

Mark Kirk is a cuck, and he won't win re-election this year

Nope. They're just fucking with people, though folks are catching on. Check out the tag on twitter. It's pretty funny.

May have just been a social media experiment.

WTF western media, nothing willmake you happy unless it has Made in usa stamp on it

>United Nations seeks control of controversial Russian 'death corridors' out of Syria's Aleppo

The United Nations has urged Russia to give it control of humanitarian passages out of the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo, which some residents are reportedly calling "death corridors".

Syrian regime ally Russia recently announced the opening of three humanitarian passages for civilians wanting to flee rebel-held eastern districts of the city and for fighters to surrender.

But only a handful of Aleppo residents trickled out through one passage on Friday, while others wanting to flee were turned back by rebels, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

An AFP correspondent in east Aleppo said streets were empty in the morning with residents holed up indoors and shops shuttered.

>John Kerry says US 'deeply concerned' by plan

United States officials have suggested Russia's operation may be an attempt to depopulate the city and to make fighters surrender.

"It has the risk, if it is a ruse, of completely breaking apart the level of cooperation," US Secretary of State John Kerry told reporters.

"On the other hand, if we're able to work it out today and have a complete understanding of what is happening and then agreement on the way forward, it could actually open up some possibilities," he added.

abc.net.au/news/2016-07-30/un-seeks-control-of-russian-'death-corridors'-in-syria/7674422

nope, and i wish they were helping assad

So guys I'm not really following this Syria story anymore (I should).

How it's looking for Syria/Assad?
Is Russia still heavy involved?
Does ISIS get a lot of new recruits or are they slowly dying out?
How's the Syrian army doing?

Most ME christians in Syria are Assyrian. Druze are pretty insular and distinct.

Just like the French and Italians are both white, yet can distinguish each other by sight.

User Actions
Following

maytham
@maytham956
From #Bani_Zaid
In our #Syrian_Army we trust!
#AleppoVictory
#SAA_Salute

once I gave a stray dog some left over food while camping, he guarded our tents until morning. unbelievable creatures.

>nork death squads hunting ISIS

I ... I want this to be real, senpai.

Why people get such a hard on for these cancerous people is beyond me.

Don't get me started on /k/ I went there from time to time back in the old days. The days before they banned any talk of politics and shit. It was an okay board back then. But now. It's nothing but USA v Russia threads and other inane shit. Filled with posters that think they know about guns because they played Call of Duty.
Ever since I joined a forum that attracts professionals in their fields. People who write the books for Jane's for example, I have just facepalmed at /k/ harder and harder.

There is a reason why /sg/ is on Sup Forums. And it isn't the fact that /k/ bans political discussion. It's because /k/ doesn't attract the knowledge base to actually run a thread like /sg/

I dunno.
1. make fix, someone who tweeted off the account with an android mobile or an apple make fix.
2. we get a new account.

We should just make sure we have a real email so this does not happen again.

FSA faggots said once that north koreans were helping Assad LMAO

Two North Korean units are there, which are Chalma-1 and Chalma-7," Asaad az-Zoubi, head of the High Negotiations Committee (HNC) to Syrian peace talks in the Swiss city, reportedly told Tass news agency on Tuesday.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/25/are-north-koreans-fighting-in-syria-its-not-as-far-fetched-as-it-sounds/

They even say that the reason the civilians aren't fleeing is because the """"""""""""""""""""rebels"""""""""""""""""""" aren't letting them.
And yet somehow Russia is to blame.

Putin is such a master manipulator that he can get the """"""""""""""""""""rebels"""""""""""""""""""" he is fighting in a war with Assad, to do his bidding.

Why isn't Putin the Emperor of Earth yet? This man is amazing!

Well Kurds represent 30 Milliions stateless people, Armenians are 10M (3M living in Armenia) and they have their own country
I do realize Kurdistan is a tool used to shred the region but hey, they are less of savages than other locals

>United States officials have suggested Russia's operation may be an attempt to depopulate the city and to make fighters surrender.

It's called a plan. It has peaceful resolution and civilians aren't a shield. Sounds breddy good

cute mode

slut mode

Druze are their own sub group in Syria and are not known for identifying as Arab. Assyrians represent 5% of the population but no one is arguing for autonomy for them, only for the Kurds who are 9% of population and many of them are refugees.

They have a small number of advisors, but that's all. Maybe a hundred men.

RARE
A
R
E

N
E
W

:DDD

>Why people get such a hard on for these cancerous people is beyond me.

Hasbara, Kurds have strong backing from Israel, so you get a lot of "how do you do fellow kids" posts promoting Kurds.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ebo-xUZ9AQ0

Kurds have a history of being nomads and genocide. North Eastern Syria and north western Iraq was Assyrian land until the kurds genocided them and then settled on the land. Kurds have never deserved autonomy.

>less of savages than other locals

YPG is just as bad as ISIS as far as ethnic cleansing goes.
al-monitor.com/pulse/ru/contents/articles/originals/2015/10/syria-turkey-right-groups-accused-kurds-rojava-of-war-crimes.html

>In a 38-page report, "'We Had Nowhere Else to Go': Forced Displacement and Demolition in Northern Syria,” Amnesty International catalogues allegations of forced evictions of Arabs and Turkmens and the destruction of their homes and property. “In some cases, entire villages have been demolished, apparently in retaliation for the perceived support of their Arab or Turkmen residents for the group that calls itself the Islamic State,” Amnesty International noted. Villagers said they were ordered to leave at gunpoint, their livestock shot at. The watchdog used satellite imagery and video footage to verify the claims.

>In the Arab village of Husseiniya near Tell Hamees, for instance, only a single house was left standing. Residents said the YPG had razed their homes in February. In Raneen, near Tell Abyad, locals said YPG forces had threatened to shoot them if they failed to leave. One person said, “They told us we had to leave or they would tell the US coalition that we were terrorists and their planes would hit us and our families. In Raneen, where some people were with IS, there were lots of problems but we had nothing to do with anything.” Alleged YPG threats of calling in US airstrikes against villagers if they didn’t leave are repeated throughout the report.

>Kurdish officials consistently reject all such claims, saying that villagers had been evicted for their own safety because they were in militarized zones and could get caught in the fighting or hurt by improvised explosive devices planted by IS.

Kurds are cunts to Assyrian Christians:

rudaw.net/english/opinion/21012016

youtube.com/watch?v=zVqcmgAtjp8

1001iraqithoughts.com/2016/05/10/the-kurds-everything-you-didnt-know-the-plight-of-the-assyrians/

drrichswier.com/2016/04/27/exclusive-interview-assyrian-christians-battle-kurds-in-syria/

Menagh airbase siege. After the airbase fell, the survivors sought entry to the YPG controlled Afrin.
>About 70 soldiers, who managed to retreat from the base during the battle, surrendered themselves (and two tanks) the next day to Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) forces in the town of Afrin, about 15 kilometers west of the airbase.[14][31] It was later reported that the surrendered troops were from the 17th Division and the unit's senior officers were turned over by the YPG to al-Nusra in exchange for Kurdish prisoners.[32] The Islamist group then executed the officers they had received.[32][33]

Battle for Hasakah city. YPG waited until the city's garrison was almost eliminated by IS before the flanked them and conquered most of the governorate .

Aleppo central prison siege. SAA was only able to supply the prison and the hospital through the YPG controlled Seikh Masqud district, until the rebels convinced YPG to forfeit their neutral status and expel SAA from Seikh Masqud.

lmgtfy.com/?q=kurd arab war crimes#seen

>Kurds are ethnic cleansing Assyrians:

Amnesty International called them out on it here:
web.archive.org/web/20160417030047/https://www.amnesty.org/en/press-releases/2015/10/syria-us-allys-razing-of-villages-amounts-to-war-crimes/
You can still find the google result for this page. But the actual webpage on the Amnesty International website was removed in late July2016.
archive.is/KGmVY
youtu.be/LlOzoCHaNeM
aina.org/news/20150621131101.htm
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/dec/24/iraq-minorities-assyrians
assyriatv.org/2016/07/kurdish-massacres-assyrians-history/
globalresearch.ca/why-a-kurdish-enclave-in-syria-is-a-very-bad-idea/5519109
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/18/syrian-kurds-accused-of-ethnic-cleansing-and-killing-opponents/