*blocks your autism*

*blocks your autism*

why the fuck have i been seeing these so much in the last week?!?

Fads. We grew up with marbles and pogs, kids today get these spinny things.

gee I wonder (((who))) could be behind them

Most actual autistic people don't have the fine motors to even use that thing.

I've seen these for sale in my local grocery store for months now, just like you, I am baffled at the recent spinny thing phenomenon. It's memes, it's always memes

I've seen the news here and I thought it was a local thing, but apparently it's worldwide

So what is it supposed to do? It just spins, I've seen that it apparently hypnotizes kids but how?

Pretty cute are innocent as far as fads go. At least it's not some late-capitalist multimedia brainwashing scam like Pokemon was/is

yeah but apparently these have been a thing for months but I only just saw this shit this week

The pet rock of the 21st-century

are those just skateboard bearings put in plastic?

Yugioh is fine though.

last year was Pokemon Go, this year is Fidget Spinners

>late-capitalist multimedia brainwashing scam like Pokemon was/is
back this claim up or fuck off, commie

It reminds me of those rubber bands people would wear.

*shitposts on your Sup Forums*

>watch the show!
>play the game!
>buy the cards!
>download the app!
>you don't want to be the only one of your friends left out, RIGHT??
With these things you buy them once, play them with, and that's it. You don't spend hours staring at a screen becoming obsessed with fake animals.

Midget spinners?

Being quite generous.

I see roadside tents selling them all the time now, what is the point of them

Spinning mine rn
They're actually quite nice to hold while watching something

>late-capitalist

this time

If you consider Pokemon a fad, it's a fad that's been growing more and more successful for over twenty years. Which is unfortunate, since the last 3 games have been horribly mediocre, and the anime took a nosedive like 10 years ago. TCG is still pretty decent, though.

Pikachu is as popular as Mickey Mouse.

I believe he was refering to Pokemon Go as a singular phenomena, rather than the series as a whole.

Except it's not even comparable cuck. This trend would be more like yoyo trend instead of the pokemon games, which kids still play.

Yeah true and that's why it's horrifying. These toys will never reach that level because they don't have the same kind of influence over the mind, therefore I find them totally banal and kind of adorable. The kind of thing that could have been made 50 years ago and kids still would have loved it.