Wally West Storytime - Part 11

>My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive.
Time for another event, and our first Mark Waid issue

Previous threads:
desustorage.org/co/thread/83008734
desustorage.org/co/thread/83042250
desustorage.org/co/thread/83074985
desustorage.org/co/thread/83111518

Oh armageddon 2001.

That infamous event that wanted to shit on one character but thanks to leaks it ended up shitting on another character.

We are so not reading that, only the original event plus the Flash annual. I guess technically we should read the JLE annual that leads into the final issue but ehhhh

No problem

this is so cool Fastest user Alive, i also started reading all of vol 2, im into the final numbers of geoff johns run and i feel the writers had a great succession folloiwng each other.

This run sets up Wallys taking up the mantle, Waids run develops Wally finding his identity and making his relationships with the Flash family, Linda, etc. and Johns run develops the villains, all of this really compliments each run very well.

Also F for Mirror Master Mcculloch my favorite character from the rogues gallery.

Wally had one of the best runs in comics for sure.

i recently bought the Flash vol 2 #212, the issue where johns focuses on mirror master mcculloch.

"i aint ever leavin wonderland"

McCulloch is great, I hope they get rid of Scudder soon so they can bring him back.

>DISCS: RARE AND USED

I appreciate the forward thinking that discs wouldn't last forever but the idea of an entire store for old ones is pretty silly.

Is this the one where Monarch is an actual threat?

Sort of?

I mean, most of the event is just "who is Monarch?" plus a bunch of alternate futures. The big bad himself doesn't do much.

Waverider's whole visual motif is pretty cool, I will admit as much.

Will Flash be the Monarch?!?!?!?!?!?

what character was going to get shat on?

So yeah, this is one of the first instances of an artist forgetting Wally's new costume doesn't have exposed eyes.

Captain Atom.