ITT: Movies that go from acceptably entertaining to completely atrocious within a matter of minutes

ITT: Movies that go from acceptably entertaining to completely atrocious within a matter of minutes

Pic related, probably the worst offender in recent memory

This was AIDS!!!

why would you even see this in the first place

>remember those titans movies from a little while ago?
>lets do it again but with egypt this time

It's a common tactic to make the first act of a film 10/10 and then make the rest mediocre / awful but people are more prone to remembering positivity than negativity so they end up walking out saying they liked it.

I'm a dumb fuck let's be honest look where I'm lurking at...

TDKR jumps around in terms of quality but holy fuckpiss did it end on a low note overall

The internet is fostering a culture of negativity so this isn't going to fly for long

This is a fantastic film until the last third. Doesn't completely ruin it, but could've been 10/10 kino.

>recent memory
Isn't that movie like a decade old?

I see your Hancock and raise you I Am Legend

Will Smith is he king of half-kino

the latter half of I am legend is weaker, for sure, but not fucking pants-on-head retarded like hancock

Not all of us are 15, lad. Movies have been a thing for something of a while now.

I'm 21.

Unironicaly enjoyed it.

old enough to understand relativity then, yet we're having this conversation

bizarre

The beginning was somewhat intriguing, then it basically turned into a self parody by the second half.

How do you think it should have ended?

What was bad about the second half?

I remember what theater I saw Hancock in but nothing of the actual movie

Not the same user, but the showdown scene at the pool was what ruined the second half for me. It was simply anti-climactic and if they cut that part out alone it would have made for a better finish.

It's absolute shit, but somehow has one of the most badass, coolest scenes ever filmed (when he gets to prison and walks down into the general area)

It's like the director only had a vision for that particular scene, and nothing else. The rest of the film was just filler

>people are more prone to remembering positivity than negativity

Literally the opposite is true.

Then why can I only remember the bad things that happen to me?
Check mate

this might be the original offender

I'm so confused by the change in direction with this movie. It was a genuinely fun movie about a more "realistic" Superman (where he becomes a drunken, lonely asshole) trying to rehabilitate his image and become a real hero with the help of a PR guy....then it turns into some weird mythological movie. Just weird, weird shit.

The first half of Hancock is one of the best superhero movies ever. The second half is by far the worst.

>the baiters aren't even being subtle at this point

Splice

This movie is fantastic until it goes batshit with the aliens at the end. But I love it.

It's a shame people don't call out The Martian for ripping this entire movie off