ICE FUCKING BURN

BTFO

>darkseid cant handle the bantz
what a baby

DARKSEI'D

Wait what's the context of this?

Was it Kingpin laughing at Man-E-Faces?

What the fuck is this

i just read the entire issue, it makes no damned sense, the context doesnt make this any less inane

neal adams

>Luthor acting like a class clown
>Darkseid acting like a spoiled man baby

I don't like any of this, not one bit. There better be an explanation for this niggardry.

see

>There better be an explanation for this niggardry
Neal Adams is a crazy man who writes crazy comics

lmfao, I love this Darkseid

Waitaminute...
Is that the DOOM Comic artist?
Because there's something about those crazy expressions.

check it....im about to end this new gods whole career.

>it's a "Darkseid literally can't handle the bants" episode

I've had acid trips that make more sense than that!

>Darkseid says he'll dismantle the lab
>Luthor says he'd have to kidnap himself
>Darkseid says he'd be willing to
>Luthor the physically average human starts laughing, teasing the living anti-god
???

it was a doombot

I have never had the slightest desire to read Batman: Odyssey but now I want to read the SHIT out of it.

Not from Batman Odyssey.

If you guys think this is fucked you should read his Skateman.

>Neil Adams is writing something else
fuck and yes

I don't understand. Did an alien who has never interacted with humanity write this? or an ai?

Having not read DC comics properly since the blackest night.

What the fuck did I just read? I can't stop laughing at Darkseid blasting Luthor, but I don't even know that's going on. This is so dumb

I like how the art in this is actually legitimately really nice. It just makes the contrast with the writing even more surreal.

This is one of the best BTFO pages I've ever fucking seen.

So is the context here that Luthor knew Superman was on the other end of the portal ready to bust in and save him?

>All these casuals ITT
The writing's not that bad or that weird but I can just see this story being included in one of those lists people make like
>CRAZY Comic Storylines!
>Yeah...that actually happened

My big issue with this comic is that the titular Supermen aren't arelly characters in their own right. It's been chiefly about Clark the entire time.

The context is Luthor roasting the fuck out of Darkseid.

What the fuck did i read?

If you can't tell what's off about this writing then you're LITERALLY autistic.

>There was a disagreement.
>I had more votes

That's an awesome way to refer to how you kicked someones ass. Dialogue was on point there.

>Luthor, Lex , oh my god.

Will this end in Clark telling Bruce the story?

no, Wonder Woman

It's a non-canon miniseries by Neal Adams. Who is possibly insane at this point and DC keeps humoring him with books for some reason.

It doesn't make any more sense in context either.

All the explanation you need.

Fun fact, the guy who did the Doom comic with RIP AND TEAR was an understudy of Neil Adams.

This dialogue alternates between genuinely clever and beautifully ludicrous.

Man today's issue was fucking hilarious. Sometimes I think he does it on purpose like in this page

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

Since when does chair guy have the balls to oppose Darkseid even slightly?

And then Adams does a Wonder Woman book, yeah?

>It's a counterpoint to Morrison's Earth One where Themyscria is actually a hollow earth city filled with grotesque creatures and Wonder Woman solves all her problems by punching the shit out of them.

>Themyscria is a hollow earth city filled with grotesque creatures
Hey, didn't Batman visit one of those in Odyssey?

I guess it would have to be something new. We had hollow earth with Batman, second earth with Superman. What's left? The moon?

If I mouse over the quote number, "Wonder Woman" is in the same exact position on the screen in both posts.

Fuck you're right that's surreal.

He seemed to be unphased by him in Kirby's works.

Who's BTFO, Darkseid or Lex?

everyone who isn't Superman

On the OP pic? Lex is bring nuclear heat. Darkseid salty as fuck you can tell.

we're not quite sure what Neal Adams is

Was getting laughed at part of your plan?

TRIGGERED

Metron's always considered himself beyond the petty desires of Darkseid and High Father.

He seeks knowledge, unbiased by morality.

It's just Darkseid is a tyrant, he believes he controls all. And he sometimes gets Metron under his thumb by having secret knowledge Metron can only get through him.

Honestly I bet Luthor's still laughing in hell.

> YOU HA HA. I'm sorry...Truly, ha, ha, give mr a moment...ha...to catch my breath, ha ha ha- I must sit. Ssso funny. It's wrong of me. Hahaha...a moment

>Neal Adams thinks this is how you write dialogue

Holy shit, he really is insane, that is beyond fucking awful, it reads like a 7 year old's writing

It's fucking hilarious though so who cares?

Hey fuck you, I'm literally autistic and this is hilarious.

Has Darkseid ever done a swear before?

Today with all the Coming of the Superman posting has made me really want to pick up Batman: Odyssey.

Is it worth it Sup Forums?

I do love bat-shit insane comics and Neal Adams has always been good as far as art is concerned.

It's an octopus of a thing.

Nah, the Doom comic artist used to work at Neal Adams' Continuity Studios, so he picked up a lot of tics that Adams did.

There's even a Detective Comics Annual the Doom artist did that looks pretty fucking close to Neal Adams' style. He even did a Solar Man of the Atom cover that was like a sort of homage to a Neal Adams Superman cover.

YES.

So far is Neal's Bruce or Clark more insane?

I'd say Bruce because Clark seems more like traditional Superman.

Even though it's Lex, I have a suspicion that he was laughing for so long to buy time, like he knew that Superman was coming

That and earlier in the series he took a pill that would give him Superman's powers.

Why is Darkseid acting like a big baby?

I know it's madness.

But is it fun madness? Like, is it like a wild ride which makes no fucking sense, but is still fun.

Or is it like a fever dream where you feel like you're being crushed by a boulder of insanity?

There's something hilarious about that page

This is pardoy, right?

The latter.

What's funny is the way the sequence is laid out with the refugees appearing and getting blown up within 3 panels.

Damn it!

Bruce since Clark seems to behave more or less like himself, it's just that everyone else surrounding him is crazy.

>Shut the hades up
What the fuck?

HIT IT HARD

FOR DARKSEID!!

>You call it... ah.... freedom.
What the fuck?

That's the most awkward line in the whole thing which is really saying something.