Godlike Artwork

what's Sup Forums's favorite comic artwork?

Mine: DC's kingdom Come

to me, while it isn't as visually appealing as some more recent artists, I do love Mike Zeck's work in kraven's last hunt and the constant rain

i just like that old school artwork

Ben Templesmith
Sets the perfect mood for crazy Vampire shit

nice

Anything from this

Clayton Crain's carnage USA art was pretty sweet

Darwyn Cooke's art suffers from sameface in terms of general outline and structure of his faces, but one thing I noticed while re-reading New Frontier is that NO ONE in any of his group scenes will have the same expression. He sketches an impressive amount of emotion and implied reaction in his characters in every panel and it makes it really fascinating to take your time reading through it and looking at everyone.

here's the villains

nobody will ever convince me this is good comics art. it just doesnt look right at all.

well, it kinda hits me in some kind of personal level. the somewhat dark tone really makes it come alive.

>Morrison is Captain Cold in New Frontier
>but he's also Brainiac in Justice

EXPLAIN THIS WIZARDRY

I've really been digging the art from the new Moon Knight.

How the fuck is it not good. Its good incredibly rendered art... period nothing else matters.
You want bright silly shit, that's all good but that is just your personal preference, that doesn't make Ross incompetent.

Same user

Zeck's body of work isn't too large, but it's all great. Punisher, Captain America, and Master of Kung Fu are all worth tracking down

More Alex Ross art.

Agreed, I hate looking at Ross. It's just soulless technical perfection like a machine drew it

Godlike

i never said it was poorly made or 'incompetent'
i also didnt say i like 'bright silly shit'

i said it wasnt good for a medium like comic books.

The only reason someone would think It doesn't fit comics is if they don't like comics to be realistic. Hence the bright silly shit conclusion.

Neither of these are Kingdom Come though.

This
They're from the book he did called Justice

He also has done some Anthrax album covers

Grant Morrison had some crazy surrealist ideas for Doom Patrol, but it was mainly Richard Case who actually decided to try to make art for this stuff.

I was going to original post this since it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Ross' style isn't something that will work in every type of comic book story that's for sure. But for Kingdom Come, his "everything looks 'iconic' and epic" art works perfectly considering the context of the story. Otherwise I would agree that Alex Ross' art looks better when everyone's just posing rather than in action.

>stylized cant be dark
I dont like how all Ross stuff looks like it has a bright ass spotlight pointed right at it, too washed out and glaring, a theater tech would get canned for allowing a stage to be lit like that.

>Ross
>good
Fucking plebs. Ross is bar none the shittiest artist to get overwhelming praise by the comics community.

Yeah, I fucking hate it.

Huh.

Alex Ross makes comics for adults.

I feel like her eyes are at a weird angle. Is it just me?

sauce?

Batman - Noel
Art by Lee Bermejo.

The wake from sandman

okay what is the context of this image? because this seems like isis propaganda.

Just a banner for Project Superpowers as far as I know.

What an awesome cover to come out of such a disappointing event.

>It's just soulless technical perfection like a machine drew it
>drawn by hand
Doesn't that make it more impressive?

I like Mike Mignola

Not at all, just shows he can spend a lot of time drawing boring looking comic pages

Ross's hyper-realism is fun to look at for a bit, but it becomes nauseating after a while.
In short IMO, his covers are god-teir, his actual work is meh.

This is perfection

fuck off

Holy shit, sauce?

Rai or its spin off event 4001AD with art by Clayton Crain.

Ross reminds me of the Image founders. His comic work seems more dedicated to making impressive splash pages and spreads than decent storytelling. I know he's a big fan of George Perez, but Perez isn't just about cluttering pages with as many characters and detail as he can

1.) Ross has more talent in his pinky then Liefeld, Lee, Booth & Mcfarlane have collectively.
2.) There is nothing lacking in Ross's storytelling
3.) Perez did a fuck ton of his own cluttering and detail, have you seen Avengers/JLA?
4.) Nothing wrong with fuck tons of detail. Some of us buy comics for it.

I think Rob Liefled is a better comic artist than Ross, technical skills aside

Is there a comic where Liefeld demonstrates some kind of genius paneling or brilliant storytelling? The handful of issues I've read with him on art featured neither.

>I think Rob Liefled is a better comic artist than Ross
You are possibly the single most delusional person in history.
Any singe Ross image in this thread is better then the collective panels, spreads & covers that Liefeld has ever touched a utensil too.
Fuck you!