Prequel has better technology

>prequel has better technology

Other urls found in this thread:

usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/light years ahead.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't bother me. It's fun watching originalists tie themselves in knots justifying all those CRTs in Alien.

>stuff that was rare and unique in the original is common and trivial in the sequel

This bothered the shit out of me with Prometheus. It's not even a case of "better", it's fucking light years ahead.

I always love the old Alien/Aliens aesthetic, I wish they'd use that style again.

Alien was low-budget and couldn't fake flatscreens or holograms even if Ridley could conceive of them. It's just a past version of the future at this point.

Starship Troopers
Matrix

Alien isolation got it right tho

wat

For the Matrix I think he's talking mainly about either the Matrix bending powers (they lose their shit when he speed blocks Morpheus while training in 1, then he's literally flying in 2) or the Agents (They go from these rare death programs to literal mooks to be fought by the dozens.)

Test

Nope, you're still banned.

>sequel reuses tropes

>light years

usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/light years ahead.html

I don't understand how I wasn't banned when I got a three day ban for posting something far less compromising last week.

I tried to explain this to a few people. But they said a movie would be boring with out it.

I guess Lucas gets a pass because MOAR toys!!1

Moderation is more of an art than a science.

>prequel mentions something from the deleted scenes/directors cut of the original

It's an idiom, idiot

fuck

This really bothered me with Borderlands: The Presequel.

like?

The very own sahalantropus is way more advanced than the rex. Fucking Kojima can't hold himself

Sahal does not work without a psyker kid. It does not compare.

In my head canon Prometheus is that BMW i8 shiny thing full of top notch tech while the Nostromo is an old USSR truck.

It can't move without psycho mantis kid.

AND? It is a way more advanced design, walks like a fucking human and can use a motherfucking sword. Rex could only roar and fire missiles, and not even ray could use a sword

You can design whatever you want if the nigger doesn't work it doesn't work.

>2005
>have 2d map

>1984
>have a mobile device more advanced than an ipad and an electronic cigar

The term "Sith" is used in a deleted scene from A New Hope

>prequel more ambitious in scope than the original

As I heard, Lucas initially shot SW in the weird order, because technology wasn't ready for prequels